Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Chris Russell @Russellmania621

A great write-up w/ lots of detail from @bmcnally14 on Scot McCloughan's firing: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/03/09/redskins-fire-gm-scot-mccloughan/  #Redskins #NFL

This coming from Russell...I seriously have no clue what the **** to think anymore lol...

UMMM. Yeah. All you Scott defenders need to read this article VERY carefully. This is Brian Mcnally. One of the biggest Skins trolls in the world. And the cliams in here are devastating for Scott. Now since Mcnalley wrote it it could be utter garbage. But whats in it favors the Skins big time IMO. Which would be rare from the author.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Chris Russell @Russellmania621

A great write-up w/ lots of detail from @bmcnally14 on Scot McCloughan's firing: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/03/09/redskins-fire-gm-scot-mccloughan/  #Redskins #NFL

This coming from Russell...I seriously have no clue what the **** to think anymore lol...

That pretty much ends this saga for me.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Really says it all.  Most other teams aren't gullible enough to believe in this blatant attempt by Allen/Snyder to assassinate the man's character so that they can get gullible fans on their side.

Everyone also sided with Shanahan too, after he nuked the team and leaked all the nonsense about RG3 and Snyder to distract from hus complete and utter failing at just about everything Redskins related as coach/gm.

People stick up for their guy no matter what

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Surprise, surprise.  Anonymous sources at the park telling their side of the story that it's all Scotts fault and he's a an awful drunk.  Right on time.

Obviously as fans of the team you want to believe that's entirely true, because it feels better than the alternative story where the guy still in charge is a total douche.

It just seems kind of odd that this has "been a disaster for 18 months" yet not a peep made it out of Redskins Park until it's time to run damage control.  That's not very #Redskins but the fumbling and bumbling the past few weeks sure is.

We will never know the truth, but most everyone will choose which one they want to believe and roll with it.  Good times.  

It's called keeping things in house. Whether you like Bruce or not, he covered for Scot. He didn't throw him under the bus. What did Scot in was those pics. Scot walking the dog with his wife, wearing Redskins gear. His wife's hand, showing the rings. And Scot in the barber shop. 

Thats when ??????for 18 months came out. 

Yes, this was a cover up. Bruce didn't want Scots business out there. But...........

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Everyone also sided with Shanahan too, after he nuked the team and leaked all the nonsense about RG3 and Snyder to distract from hus complete and utter failing at just about everything Redskins related as coach/gm.

People stick up for their guy no matter what

I don't remember everyone siding with Shanahan in that debacle.  It's why he hasn't had a job in the NFL since then.

But one HAS to look at this from a retrospective aspect;

IF Scot was this super booze hound, and it created problems for the teams he was with, why in blue hell did they bother hiring him in the first place!!??

I said it earlier, I'd much prefer an alcoholic Scot over an egomaniac Bruce. If that was what caused all of this; because right now I have no idea what or who to believe.

3 minutes ago, maskedsuperstar said:

It's called keeping things in house. Whether you like Bruce or not, he covered for Scot. He didn't throw him under the bus. What did Scot in was those pics. Scot walking the dog with his wife, wearing Redskins gear. His wife's hand, showing the rings. And Scot in the barber shop. 

Yes, this was a cover up. Bruce didn't want Scots business out there. But...........

As I said, folks will choose the side they want to believe.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

But one HAS to look at this from a retrospective aspect;

IF Scot was this super booze hound, and it created problems for the teams he was with, why in blue hell did they bother hiring him in the first place!!??

I said it earlier, I'd much prefer an alcoholic Scot over an egomaniac Bruce. If that was what caused all of this; because right now I have no idea what or who to believe.

i dont think his ability to evaluate talent is questioned.....But he has also been fired from ALL THREE of those teams so...

2 minutes ago, maskedsuperstar said:

See, here's the problem with that theory.

This team was basically a ship made of particularly holey Swiss cheese in the past.

Then for 2 years, nice and quiet.

Now suddenly the dirty laundry comes out.

The FO couldn't keep dirty laundry in house before Scot no matter how hard they tried, so this sudden "they kept things in house for him" idea is suspicious.  It's just hard to believe that, with this team, that they could keep Scot's relapses under wraps for 18 months.

16 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:
*Jerry Brewer column*

Probably the most reasonable, neutral take on the whole situation I've read thus far. Not saying it's the right one, but it's one of the few that isn't basically going "Bruce is the Devil!" or "McCloughan has a keg permanently attached to him"

6 minutes ago, maskedsuperstar said:

Wait, I'm confused, how does Scott's wife's hand with the super bowl rings picture have anything to do with the alcohol issue? 

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't remember everyone siding with Shanahan in that debacle.  It's why he hasn't had a job in the NFL since then.

Trust me. He came out looking pretty . He hasnt had a job because he had routinely insisted on full control of football ops, and Denver and Washington showed that he was in over his head when it came to being football czar. Now he is retired

He was and still is highly regarded in NFL circles, and has friends in high places virtually everywhere. Thats how it works

How many of those other front offices "shredding Washington" would hire Scot as GM? It's different to have a friend and support them and to pay them to control your org.

Brewer column seems reasonable. Mismanagement by Bruce / Snyder but not nearly the kind of villainous behavior that would warrant the vitriol they are getting.

Archived