Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cause you liked him and needed him and when he wasn't drunk he was great and he kept telling you what you wanted to hear.  I could keep going...

Probably tried their best to run interference or do damage control before they realized it was a lost cause.

3 minutes ago, Burger35 said:

Agreed the timing seems suspect.  If the guy is falling of the rails (like some pics on here would suggest)  why let him start the process of evaluating players in january?  

If you owned a company and a guy was drunk at work, would you wait 2-3 months to fire him?

Exactly, if this was happening months ago then you pull him in the room and for him to rehab or get fired. They waited way too late. And had Kirk been locked in long term in 2015 or 2016 the price for him long term would be a lot cheaper than what it's going to be now. I understand it was only one season to evaluate, but sometimes you have to take a risk.

7 minutes ago, munk said:

The Washington football team is very amusing to me. Just when they seem to be climbing out of the shell of mediocrity, they remember who they are and all is right with the word.

My team has not won a championship since 1960, yet I still would not trade places with a Washington fan. I imagine those of you old enough to remember past glory feel the embarrassment most acutely.

Hail???

**** you

There's so much to this. I could honestly see either side being the true story. 

But again... does it matter?

Seriously... does it? 

Our GM wasn't at the combine. This "absence" has lasted for over a week, closer to two and who knows how long before that. Why in the hell did we take our sweet time with this? Talk about putting us behind the eight ball.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cause you liked him and needed him and when he wasn't drunk he was great and he kept telling you what you wanted to hear.  I could keep going...

so reports of a rift you will believe are false...  Why?  because Dan and Bruce have shown you they can have a hands off approach to this team?

Yup sounds legit!!!!!

Both parties are suspect so all I can look at is reports (which as much as you want to believe they are never made up just possible exaggerated) and the timeline.

My gut is telling me that in a desperate attempt to save face (because Snyder and company are rightfully getting destroyed over this) they will somehow work out a deal with Cousins.  How else could they sell this season as one of hope?  

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Sheehan asked Mike Jones about this today, and Jones said that a ton of leaks attributed as rumored to be coming from Scot were not true.  That was another part of the rift.  Allen believed the leaks were coming from Scot, but they weren't.  

Keep in mind that you are mostly hearing comments from Jones that favor Scot's point of view.  Let's not forget that the WAPO will do ANYTHING whether it's sports or politics to sell papers and get clicks.  I don't discount everything they write because there is some truth to be found but you have to search for it amongst all the anti Redskin's bias. 

Reader (listener) beware. 

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Sheehan asked Mike Jones about this today, and Jones said that a ton of leaks attributed as rumored to be coming from Scot were not true.  That was another part of the rift.  Allen believed the leaks were coming from Scot, but they weren't.  

You know everyone here just associates him drinking with a fall over drunk that embarrasses you. But we should step back and think about who Scot is.

- He is a great talent scout that is VERY confident in his opinions.

- He is VERY intense about football and how he goes about his work (See remarks about signing Galette in 2015)

When you combine his intensity with his confidence, I could see him as very hard to work with. He seems like a guy that would "bang the table" for guys he likes, and that can wear on people... Alcohol would just intensify that.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

There's so much to this. I could honestly see either side being the true story. 

But again... does it matter?

Seriously... does it? 

Yes it does matter.  If Scot was back on the sauce heavily,  that's one thing.  It's more likely that Allen and him saw things differently,  wouldn't let him do the job he was hired for,  and then **** canned him when he wouldn't fall in line.  There's a big difference. Who the **** would want to come here knowing they'd have to be a yes man to a buffoon and his midget overseer? 

4 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Exactly, if this was happening months ago then you pull him in the room and for him to rehab or get fired. They waited way too late. And had Kirk been locked in long term in 2015 or 2016 the price for him long term would be a lot cheaper than what it's going to be now. I understand it was only one season to evaluate, but sometimes you have to take a risk.

My other thing is Danny has money.  We pay everyone a fortune to be here.  If he has a drinking problem and tells you he wont quit, why hire him as a GM...

Make him the highest paid scout in the league...  He worked out of a cabin before he was with us for god sakes.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Yes it does matter.  If Scot was back on the sauce heavily,  that's one thing.  It's more likely that Allen and him saw things differently,  wouldn't let him do the job he was hired for,  and then **** canned him when he wouldn't fall in line.  There's a big difference. Who the **** would want to come here knowing they'd have to be a yes man to a buffoon and his midget overseer? 

I think you've missed my point.

Bottom line is if your drunk at work it's a problem so all the excuses about "we knew Scott liked to drink" don't mean anything, it's a business not a frat party.

So Scotts a good drunk, that doesn't mean the team would want to deal with that type of behavior.  I can see why the FO would have problems with trust if they knew he was always sauced up.

Another player, however, characterized McCloughan as frequently drunk but never thought much about it because his behavior and comportment never changed.

10 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Keep in mind that you are mostly hearing comments from Jones that favor Scot's point of view.  Let's not forget that the WAPO will do ANYTHING whether it's sports or politics to sell papers and get clicks.  I don't discount everything they write because there is some truth to be found but you have to search for it amongst all the anti Redskin's bias. 

Reader (listener) beware. 

You know, along those lines....I think it was last week or the week before, I listened to Galdi's audio vault recordings. One thing he said about all the stuff swirling around about Allen's "ego" and "jealousy", etc, was that a lot of media members don't like Bruce Allen, and not to discount that reality playing a role in what everyone is reporting (at the time, anyway). That kinda floored me when he said that...

Archived