Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

6 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

What is known is the team.organization has been terrible since Snyder took over, and has been mediocre at best with Allen here, with the best two back to back seasons under either of them being under the influence of the guy they are firing 

Maybe some of that winning credit goes to the QB who set back to back Team records? idk?

3 hours ago, RVAskins said:

And you have all this inside information how? He was fired from two other organizations was he not? All this speculation is baseless. No one here has been in the meeting rooms, locker rooms, and offices to know what really transpired. The truth will come out eventually so let's wait and see. 

It's not about inside info. It's about common sense.

SM was drinking before he got here. He never stopped when he got hired. He admitted he was drinking. Snyderallen knew. They did nothing. This went on for 2 years.

And now all of a sudden in mid-Feb the drinking magically became a problem? Not a chance.

The drinking was a way to get him out, not the reason to get him out. And if it wasn't the drinking, then the reason was a power struggle due to competing views/agendas.

Besides, this is not about the booze. The booze never hindered SM's performance. He's a high functioning alcoholic. 

This is Bruce Allen telling SM he had power over the roster to entice him to join the org - and then telling the world SM has final roster say. Subsequently BA either did not grant it, or gradually encroached on it. As a result, SM got angry, because roster control was a major condition of his employment (see his first news conference).

Just Bruce and Dan back to their old habits...

2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

And let's say we find out he was pushed out due to a power struggle. Would you advocate for Snyder/Allen? If we find out anything either way it's not really the point. 

Does their track record make you think they reallly did make the right moves here? Is the glaring issue with GM we have had for years and years ok or inspiring confidence? Even if it's the right call in a vacuum the context around all of it matters. It's a constant circus. Over and over and over again. It's not fun, there's no real enjoyment, and I don't see any indications we are heading in the right direction. 

The vacuum is ALL that matters right now. If you want to protest because Snyder has sucked since he bought the team then nothing really happened today or over the past two weeks that should effect that. 

Generally speaking, fans liked Scot and the fact that he was holding down a role long desired by the fan base. He may have been fired today because he was a raging alcoholic. And if that is the case, then it was the only move to make. 

1 minute ago, Stoox said:

SM was drinking before he got here. He never stopped when he got hired. He admitted he was drinking. Snyderallen knew. They did nothing. This went on for 2 years.

And now all of a sudden in mid-Feb the drinking became a problem? Not a chance. The drinking was a way to get him out, not the reason. And if not the drinking, then the reason was a power struggle due to competing views/agendas.

Correct if it wasn't the drinking it would have been something else.... I mean honestly people what in Snyder's history makes you think that this isn't likely what a just happened

1 minute ago, kleese said:

The vacuum is ALL that matters right now. If you want to protest because Snyder has sucked since he bought the team then nothing really happened today or over the past two weeks that should effect that. 

Generally speaking, fans liked Scot and the fact that he was holding down a role long desired by the fan base. He may have been fired today because he was a raging alcoholic. And if that is the case, then it was the only move to make. 

And he may have been fired for other reasons. BOTH ARE EQUALLY LIKELY GIVEN HISTORY WHICH IS CRAZY TO SAY. I feel like I'm in a fever dream. 

10 minutes ago, kleese said:

They knew they needed a football mind in the house.

I hope this is true.  I'm too suspect of Allen/Snyder to accept it without evidence.

But if true, it would suggest that Allen/Snyder are going to start looking for another football mind, hopefully at some point soon.  That would be nice, and it would certainly lend credence to their side of the story without needing to throw Scot too far under the bus, as it would make the power struggle explanation weaker and thus the "fired for cause" explanation stronger by process of elimination.

We'll see though.  I don't know if Doug Williams counts, but he sounds like the guy getting the biggest increase in power here.

7 minutes ago, Stoox said:

And now all of a sudden in mid-Feb the drinking magically became a problem? Not a chance.

The drinking was a way to get him out, not the reason. And if not the drinking, then the reason was a power struggle due to competing views/agendas.

You act like drinking problems stay at an even level all thetime. High pressured Job plus issues at home can make a functioning fun drunk into no functioning angry drunk quickly.

Seems to me Allen doesn't know the value of players in this league. He paid more for each of the new DTs  than Tampa paid Baker who (IMO) virtually every one thinks is by far the best of the three. He paid an average of 5 mil a year to Davis when in all likely hood no one else would may more than 3 mil a year(if that) He won't pay Cousins the market rate who is the absolute critical piece for the teams future success.  Guys we need another firing and soon.

5 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Okay, that is relevant to this argument how? That doesn't discredit the success that Scott had here as GM.....

Eveyone wants to act like Scott deserves all the credit for success the past two years

I'll say this last thing about it- SM was supposed to represent us being on the right path as an organization. It seemed for a couple years that was starting to take shape. Now, after a complete debacle, for whatever reasons we are firing our GM and any hope for the future is AT BEST reset. We are horribly dysfunctional and that hasn't changed and it's really depressing. 

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Seems to me Allen doesn't know the value of players in this league. He paid more for each of the new DTs  than Tampa paid Baker who (IMO) virtually every one thinks is by far the best of the three. He paid an average of 5 mil a year to Davis when in all likely hood no one else would may more than 3 mil a year(if that) He won't pay Cousins the market rate who is the absolute critical piece for the teams future success.  Guys we need another firing and soon.

I agree if he screws up the Cousin deal. I don't agree with the rest. I'll guve the team the benifit of knowing Baker better than me.

Tom Coughlin had a red face every damn week it seemed in NY. So before we just call our ex gm a full blown alcoholic there's a skin condition called Rasacea that shows up in people of northwestern euro decent. I got it in my late 30s in my cheeks a bit and now I've got it 24-7 but I'm not worried too much about it. The ladies think it's kind of cute.

I'm not saying he's not a drunk. He very well may of thought moving to a new spot gave him a free pass to drink again. Maybe he hit the bottle a few times and maybe got messed up a little too late one night and didn't give him enough time to recover. What I'm saying is that Snyder and his bag man are a couple of douche canoes and Snyder has a history of not wanting to be on the sideline, being a meddler and spending his money on garbage. So judging by the history I'd say that Scott likely had some drinks once in a blue moon and Snyder as an owner is maybe the 5 worst in the league. Matter of fact McCaskey and Davis are better but Spanos and Kroenke are worse. 

I wonder what Gruden thinks now he signed that extension. Did he play a part?

In Scot I Still Trust. I am seriously still baffled at how any kind of organization could utterly fail at handling this situation. How in the world did Snyder build a top IT company that he sold to acquire the Redskins? Nothing he's done in his 20 years of owning the Washington Redskins proves that he knows how to be a leader in business. He had to have had dumb luck to get to that point.

Wherever the Redskins go from here, it's not going to be good. We have a QB who wants out with all this dysfunction. Our three top free agents have left already to sign with other teams. There is clearly a power struggle at the worst time of the year, so what decent free agent wants to come and get involved in this mess? It's why no decent defensive coordinator wanted to sign on- it's not worth it for them. Instead, we promoted a guy who has been let go from three other teams as defensive coordinator.

As a fan, I'm done. It pains me to say it because my great uncle suited up for the franchise and coached on the sidelines. Some of my best memories are attending games with my dad and my uncle. I can't continue to support an organization that has no clue what they are doing, and handled this situation with an employee so reprehensibly.

I am used to dysfunction as an Orioles fan, but Peter Angelos never handled a situation so horribly as this, and when he finally brought in a proven personnel guy in Dan Duquette, he's let him do his thing and build a team that's competing every year. When there were rumors that Duquette was being targeted by another team to be their team president, Angelos spoke to the media and assured the fans that Duquette was under contract to the Orioles and would continue serving in that capacity. It took awhile, and Angelos still has faults, but he's learned it's best to bring in someone who knows what they are doing in the personnel department and give them full control.

The Redskins have to earn my trust back, but that's a tall order and may never happen.

11 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Okay, that is relevant to this argument how? That doesn't discredit the success that Scott had here as GM.....

The team may have done this incorrectly but really what did Scott do while here - most of his picks are not starting, and his FA pickups have been marginal . If we had not had Cousins starting the last two seasons it would have been the same old Redskins 3-7 wins a season.

5 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

In Scot I Still Trust. I am seriously still baffled at how any kind of organization could utterly fail at handling this situation. How in the world did Snyder build a top IT company that he sold to acquire the Redskins? Nothing he's done in his 20 years of owning the Washington Redskins proves that he knows how to be a leader in business. He had to have had dumb luck to get to that point.

Wherever the Redskins go from here, it's not going to be good. We have a QB who wants out with all this dysfunction. Our three top free agents have left already to sign with other teams. There is clearly a power struggle at the worst time of the year, so what decent free agent wants to come and get involved in this mess? It's why no decent defensive coordinator wanted to sign on- it's not worth it for them. Instead, we promoted a guy who has been let go from three other teams as defensive coordinator.

As a fan, I'm done. It pains me to say it because my great uncle suited up for the franchise and coached on the sidelines. Some of my best memories are attending games with my dad and my uncle. I can't continue to support an organization that has no clue what they are doing, and handled this situation with an employee so reprehensibly.

I am used to dysfunction as an Orioles fan, but Peter Angelos never handled a situation so horribly as this, and when he finally brought in a proven personnel guy in Dan Duquette, he's let him do his thing and build a team that's competing every year. When there were rumors that Duquette was being targeted by another team to be their team president, Angelos spoke to the media and assured the fans that Duquette was under contract to the Orioles and would continue serving in that capacity. It took awhile, and Angelos still has faults, but he's learned it's best to bring in someone who knows what they are doing in the personnel department and give them full control.

The Redskins have to earn my trust back, but that's a tall order and may never happen.

Yeah....We're a long way from the JKC days. Sad as hell. It's a CF.

Seems like fans are coming back down to earth.  It still sucks, but now that the dust is settling, we can clearly see what's going on.

We already knew 2 WRs were likely gone, we hoped one of the two would stay but nope.  That's just typical NFL free agency.  We'll move on and hope that doctson contributes and that Jamison will grow, along with whoever else.

We already knew cousins contract situation would be one of those things.  If this Scot thing turned out to be worst case scenario, then I would like to think the cousins thing will be the opposite.  Again, typical NFL free agency and we agree to a deal at some point.  (Again, we have plenty of time to figure it out, we will consider that we now have needs at wr, always had needs on defense and don't have time to search for a QB.)

Just now, Dirt said:

Seems like fans are coming back down to earth.  It still sucks, but now that the dust is settling, we can clearly see what's going on.

True enough. I don't think anyone can blame us for how we feel/felt though. It's still a shame, regardless of who is right or wrong.

13 minutes ago, sonofzorn187 said:

Tom Coughlin had a red face every damn week it seemed in NY. So before we just call our ex gm a full blown alcoholic there's a skin condition called Rasacea that shows up in people of northwestern euro decent.

You didn't read any of the newer articles, did you lol...when a reporter says he could smell alcohol on Scot's breath when he came off the practice field, that tends to back up the claims. When a player (or players) say they could also detect the same, it's no longer really speculation on anyone's part. When writers who were incredibly quick to put out tweets and articles claiming Allen's ego and jealousy were to blame and that Scot is a victim suddenly start praising newer articles that feature tidbits of info that directly contradict their earlier claims and now say that you can't call Scot a victim, that shouldn't be ignored.

2016 Draft picks

• 1 (22) 1 WR Josh Doctson TCU.
  • 3 (84) DB Kendall Fuller Virginia Tech.
  • 5 (152) 2 DE Matt Ioannidis Temple.
  • 6 (187) 2 QB Nate Sudfeld Indiana.
  • 7 (232) 3 LB Steven Daniels Boston College.
  • 7 (242) RB Keith Marshall Georgia.

2015 Draft Pick

Round Pick Overall Player Position Class College
1 5 5 Brandon Scherff T Sr. Iowa
2 6 38 Preston Smith OLB Sr. Miss. State
3 31 95 Matt Jones RB Jr. Florida
4 6 105 Jamison Crowder WR/PR Sr. Duke
4 13 112 Arie Kouandjio G Jr. Alabama
5 5 141 Martrell Spaight ILB Sr. Arkansas
6 5 181 Kyshoen Jarrett S Sr. Virginia Tech
6 6 182 Tevin Mitchel CB Sr. Arkansas
6 11 187 Evan Spencer WR Sr. Ohio State
7 5 222 Austin Reiter C Sr. South Florida

Out of all those picks besides Scherff and Crowder who really has been a performer for the team?

And what FREE AGENTS did he hit a double or home run with ?

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Out of all those picks besides Scherff and Doctson who really has been a performer for the team?

And what FREE AGENTS did he hit a double or home run with ?

You chose Doctson over Crowder, Smith, Jones or even Fuller as a contributor?

Why are we judging draft classes before year 3 and using them as an excuse to hate on Scot?

You can judge draft classes at lots of different points, but the ratings that actually correlate strongly with how good a class actually is start around the end of year 3.  Lots of players that could rise or fall.

Generally speaking you want 3 starters per draft, and a couple special teamers/backups to go with them.  I see the potential for that from both classes.  Scherff, Smith, and Crowder from 2015 could be 1, 2, 3 right there.  Rest is gravy.

2016 is gonna be tougher, but that's in part because we were stockpiling for THIS year.  3 picks in top 4 rounds in 2016 versus 5 in 2015 (and 5 again this year).  Still, if Doctson heals and Fuller develops, we'll probably hit 3, with Cravens filling at least some role on defense decently.

Archived