Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:Trent Murphy faces four-game PED suspension

desertbeagle85

If it isn't one thing it's another with this team.

Washington pass rusherTrent Murphy took a step forward in 2016, but his 2017 is off to a bad start.

Murphy is in the process of appealing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances, the Washington Postreports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/05/trent-murphy-faces-four-game-ped-suspension/

2 hours ago, Skins-in-CT said:

It doesn't leave us with many options.  Hopefully Junior stays healthy and Preston Smith shows some improvement this year.

I can think of an option:  Draft a DL in the 1st round.  There's absolutely no guarantee that Galette will actually be healthy for the 1st time.  IMO, their pass rush was the weakest unit on the defense.  They need to get younger at the position. 

Honestly. I think PED's are a huge part of pro sports. I think "not getting caught" is even bigger. I think "cycling" at the right time and having eyes and ears out on when is the best time, and best ways to hide it are a huge part of pro sports.

I base this on the fact that. A, many players get caught on PED's(pissing hot), yet its rare to hear stories on players getting caught buying or in the process of obtaining a PED. B. The amount of money that comes which each, sack, rushing TD, TFL etc if enough motive for a player get the edge on his comp. C. Some of the bigger sotires on PED's come when a player is twilighting, bouncing back or breaking out (trent).

Not trying to turn this into a debate and will quickly admit to having no sources or facts to my opinion (or speculation). But I'm hoping Murph can atleast stay clean going forward and still stay relevant, always liked the guy.

This suspension opens the door for Preston Smith and Junior Galette to become impact players for this defense. I think somebody steps up, I also think Trent comes out with a chip on his shoulder for week 5.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Part of me isn't surprised. He gained a lot of weight/muscle really fast. It may be a legit suspension. Hopefully not or he wins/reduces it on appeal.

It's definitely legit. I'm shocked it wasn't more obvious to the team when he was gaining muscle/weight rapidly and became quicker. 

I'm not shocked, and no one should be in the era of seemingly rampant PED use across most all sports. Especially knowing he was expected to bulk up. How did the team think he would do it, eating donuts? Protein shakes? Yeah right. They presumed turn a blind eye.

I imagine the team was rather elated seeing he was gaining muscle/weight rapidly and became quicker. 

Archived