Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are people not outraged over Trump not releasing his taxes!!!?

boobiemiles

There are at least 284,534 people who agree with you.  That's how many have signed a White House.gov petition calling for him to release his tax returns. And that's just since Friday.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

Sign up.  Make Kelly Ann Conway a liar next time she says "nobody cares about that except reporters."

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I never really cared.  I also didn't care when other candidates did reveal their taxes.  I never paid any mind to it.  

I respect your opinion around here, a lot.

Donald Trump strikes me as so grandiose, so orchestrated, that he would have gladly released his taxes if it showed him as a wise businessman.  It leads me to believe that there is something nefarious in those tax returns.  Sources of income that cannot be verified or holdings that would look poorly.  Maybe it just shows that he is losing money hand over fist.

I want to know what he's up to with his businesses.

1 hour ago, boobiemiles said:

What gives?  Trump want to make all these new policies and no one know if he is divested in any foreign holdings.  Why is the media and Americans not outraged over his lack of transparency?

The bigger problem is that Congress is going to give him a total pass. 

Here's a hint: people are but they won't admit it... it is politics.  Why didn't Obama talk about some of his failures (gun running into Mexico)?  

Or why didnt GOP mention that gun running by ATF began under Bush with same vigor they attacked Obama for?

Why doesnt either party admit health care industry is scamming Americans? 

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Most people are rarely outraged and generally it's when they get cutoff in traffic or their kid spills a whole bowl of cereal on the rug. 

A private citizen not making me privy to his tax return just doesn't do it for me. 

He is clearly NOT a private citizen any longer.  The man will never carry his own wallet again, never drive again (not that he ever did, or know what it's like, or want to...why should he?).  It will blow his mind like it did Barack's.  

I really don't give a ****, either.  Color me surprised, a politician (it's what he is now and has been for the last year and a half) acting like rules or precedents don't apply to him.  

Doesn't mean I wouldn't ignore the news when they get leaked or if he ever releases them.  I'm curious as anyone else and think there's probably something nefarious in there.  But then again I think practically everyone in a high public office has skeletons in their closets from a personal or financial standpoint.  

I just think it's a case of people that are most rabid for this information looking to cry foul at the littlest details they can latch onto if his records are clean.  It's not a shock that the people that are so outraged at this aren't Trump fans to begin with.  I wonder what the percentage of people who are latched on to the tax record issue didn't care at all about Hillary and her email server?

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He is clearly NOT a private citizen any longer.  The man will never carry his own wallet again, never drive again (not that he ever did, or know what it's like, or want to...why should he?).  It will blow his mind like it did Barack's.  

So, therefore, I will jump on board the "Trump should release personal returns going forward" bandwagon.  I still won't be outraged.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

So, therefore, I will jump on board the "Trump should release personal returns going forward" bandwagon.  I still won't be outraged.

"going forward" doesn't cut it.

If he's such a terrific businessman, we deserve to see how he got that way, after 4 bankruptcies.  That's what he ran on, right? 

I hate Trump. Didn't vote for him. Won't vote for him in 4 years. But this isn't a big deal. It isn't a requirement to run. For decades, every candidate has released them after being hounded by the media. Trump didn't. I don't care about tax returns. I didn't care about a birth certificate. I didn't care when Romney didn't want to release his. 

There are SO many things that Trump has done/is doing that matter. Why are the tax returns a huge issue? They have nothing to do with his qualifications to be President. EVERYONE knows he has filed for bankruptcy on multiple occasions. Do you need a stack of papers to rummage through to know what you already know?

49 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

"going forward" doesn't cut it.

If he's such a terrific businessman, we deserve to see how he got that way, after 4 bankruptcies.  That's what he ran on, right? 

The fact that you bought the rhetoric that Trump had 4 bankruptcies is exactly why he won't release his tax returns.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

I respect your opinion around here, a lot.

Donald Trump strikes me as so grandiose, so orchestrated, that he would have gladly released his taxes if it showed him as a wise businessman.  It leads me to believe that there is something nefarious in those tax returns.  Sources of income that cannot be verified or holdings that would look poorly.  Maybe it just shows that he is losing money hand over fist.

I want to know what he's up to with his businesses.

I appreciate the kind words.

While I don't think an audit has anything to do with why he isn't releasing them, I would imagine he gets looked at enough that if he was doing something super shady, the feds would have cracked down on him long ago.  If it's just that he doesn't have as much money as he says I'd like to know that but don't think I am entitled to know that.  If it shows he just isn't that charitable, I don't think anyone would be surprised and just want that as another flag to wave around.  But he has given enough flags.  With everything he has said, I think there would be nothing else useful from taxes other than just more mud to throw.  And he has already given us plenty of that.

Archived