Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes he said after the 2016 season.  Mike Jones said Scot wanted to do it way back during and then after the 2015 season.  I know some get polarized on the Bruce-Scot stuff and pick sides.   For me, at this point I don't care who is the villain.  But the idea that Bruce not Scot could be the problem with Kirk concerns me -- for the simple reason that Bruce is the guy right now who is relevant. 

I do think this team cares about their image/PR and if Bruce is the obstacle to getting this done, I'd assume he wants that to go below the radar.   Therefore, I think all these stories about him likely being the problem might help the cause of getting a contract done.    And heck if these insiders are wrong -- then great so it should come together in that case.

But I've heard enough to be concerned that what's going on isn't really that complex. This is what adds up to me at the moment -- my thesis is this:  Kirk wants 24-25 million a year.  Bruce wants to pay him less than that.  They are a standstill.  Kirk knows he can get the 24-25 million in SF or somewhere else.  So Kirk is tired of the FO trying to wear him down with taking a lessor offer that he won't take so he tells them look if you don't want to pay what my agent says I'm worth please just trade me to a team who will.

I don't think this is Bruce's decision I believe Snyder is calling the shots whether he's talking to Kirk's agent directly or through intermediaries. I recently read a long bill of particulars regarding Snyder's hardball business practices at Six Flags, the Skins and his communication company.  No doubt some of the events cited are distorted but even so the length and breadth of shabby practices present a compelling case of Snyder being an egotist that is so invested in winning in business disputes he is indifferent to public opinion and in fact adverse public opinion may actually embolden him to be even more determine to win a dispute.

I didn't know if it truly was but I heard conflicting reports. I hope its not true. It would be nice if it was all about contract battles but it has to be deeper than that.

If Cousins plays for us on the Tag and struggles do we still beg him to sign with us? Does he have motivation to play like he has been if he already has plans on going to SF? 

10 minutes ago, JPG said:

I didn't know if it truly was but I heard conflicting reports. I hope its not true. It would be nice if it was all about contract battles but it has to be deeper than that.

Russell said he and Paulsen were told by "multiple sources" that it wasn't true. Since Russell would have every incentive not to report that in his article I'm gonna lean more towards it being true for now lol...

5 minutes ago, FrFan said:
Eric Galko@OptimumScouting 

Spoke to source close to #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins last night. Per Cousins: "I'm going to be a 49er" in 2017 OR 2018. We shall see...#49ers

Eric Galko is the owner and director of scouting at Optimum Scouting and OptimumScouting.com, as well as a Sporting News contributor

I think that's old (old by twitter standards anyway)...lots of other stuff thrown out there since that was posted.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I think that's old (old by twitter standards anyway)...lots of other stuff thrown out there since that was posted.

Yesterday, but well I'm not a tweeto I understand this tweet is lapsing real fast

20 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Not going to happen. If they cant get one done before the deadline, he's gone. The tag next year is $34 million. There is no way he will be offered that.

I disagree. If the FO allows the deadline to pass with no LTD or trade actioned, that will mean Dan is prepared to chop his nose off to spite his face by dishing up the 34mil in 2018. 

He isn't walking in 2018 for nothing. No way in hell under this regime. They will restructure TW, Norman and Kerrigan et al to find the space. Nailed on. 

25 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Didn't the Panthers do just that with Josh Norman last year?

I think they could do it because Norman never signed. I might be wrong. Difference is, Cousins did put his John Han**** down. I think that locks it in.

25 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Didn't the Panthers do just that with Josh Norman last year?

No, the Panthers pulled the tender back before Norman could sign it. Had it been signed the team could not rescind the tender. Once the contract is signed it cannot be changed without both sides agreeing - meaning even though Kirk signed the tender he and the team can still work out a LTD.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I disagree. If the FO allows the deadline to pass with no LTD or trade actioned, that will mean Dan is prepared to chop his nose off to spite his face by dishing up the 34mil in 2018. 

He isn't walking in 2018 for nothing. No way in hell under this regime. They will restructure TW, Norman and Kerrigan et al to find the space. Nailed on. 

As cheap as Bruce is? No way.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

If a LTD doesn't look likely by the draft. Trade him to the Cardinals for Carson Palmer(is he still playing anyways?). They make the Playoffs with him sign him to a LTD. and Kyle Shanahan never gets his guy. I mean, we'd do pretty good with Palmer until he gets hurt..right?

I know this is absurd, stupid, and way unlikely. I'm just having a bad day lol. I'll go face the corner now.

13 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

If a LTD doesn't look likely by the draft. Trade him to the Cardinals for Carson Palmer(is he still playing anyways?). They make the Playoffs with him sign him to a LTD. and Kyle Shanahan never gets his guy. I mean, we'd do pretty good with Palmer until he gets hurt..right?

I know this is absurd, stupid, and way unlikely. I'm just having a bad day lol. I'll go face the corner now.

giphy.gif

Palmer? They better throw in A LOT of picks, plus they only have the 13th pick whereas the 49ers have the 2nd...big difference.

28 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

Palmer? They better throw in A LOT of picks, plus they only have the 13th pick whereas the 49ers have the 2nd...big difference.

I was kidding, my main goal was to spite Shanahan by giving Kirk to one of his rivals

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I believe the non-exclusive is only $28m next year so there is that option.  I'm thinking that is the skins plan because next year is supposed to be a better QB draft I heard.  So they will still have KC or have the ammo to go draft a high end replacement.  Not saying it's a great plan, just the one that seem like their probable thought process.

22 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I don't think this is Bruce's decision I believe Snyder is calling the shots whether he's talking to Kirk's agent directly or through intermediaries. I recently read a long bill of particulars regarding Snyder's hardball business practices at Six Flags, the Skins and his communication company.  No doubt some of the events cited are distorted but even so the length and breadth of shabby practices present a compelling case of Snyder being an egotist that is so invested in winning in business disputes he is indifferent to public opinion and in fact adverse public opinion may actually embolden him to be even more determine to win a dispute.

Could be so.  In my mind when I think Bruce, I think Danny.  Bruce is his guy.   If Danny wants his guy historically he gets his guy.  So for the moment I am not buying the narrative that Bruce/Danny are all in on Kirk.  If Scot was in their way, he's been gone now 2 weeks.   Things publicly have gotten worse not better on the Kirk front since Scot's been removed.  I am open to Bruce being the white hat on the Kirk front but I am not buying into it until I hear of real progress versus more negative reports.

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

... it still seems most NFL insiders believe that if Bruce gives Kirk 24-25 million a year, he takes the deal.   But at the same time, it feels so unlikely that the Redskins offer Kirk that....   I really doubt that Kirk is unwilling to sign a LTD at any price....  But I do agree with the idea of showing him some love and selling it. 

Casserly seemed to suggest 26mill was the number. They FT'd him for 24. Next year they'll do it for 28-35. 70+ is easy to guarantee over a 4-5yr deal and not feel bad about it at this point.  You still doubtin Kirk only wants to go with Shanny?? The Falcons game was the harbinger??  In fact, Redskins nation should've been heated seeing our guy with who everybody knew was the 49ers guy.

Love??? They benched RG3zus for you and gave you 44mill. How much love u need?? He needs to show his team some love and stop being greedy,needy, and sleazy. You thinking about future QBs?? Your foes?? Bull**** Mr. Handman.

22 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

which one you taking?

C....easy but great question

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I believe the non-exclusive is only $28m next year so there is that option.  I'm thinking that is the skins plan because next year is supposed to be a better QB draft I heard.  So they will still have KC or have the ammo to go draft a high end replacement.  Not saying it's a great plan, just the one that seem like their probable thought process.

You mean transition. Non-exclusive without a LTD would be $34M.

7 hours ago, FrFan said:
xQ7eTFln_bigger.jpg Eric Galko@OptimumScouting 

Spoke to source close to #Redskins QB Kirk Cousins last night. Per Cousins: "I'm going to be a 49er" in 2017 OR 2018. We shall see...#49ers

Eric Galko is the owner and director of scouting at Optimum Scouting and OptimumScouting.com, as well as a Sporting News contributor

This kid looks 16 and already knows the unnamed sources game.  

These guys have it easier than weathermen with their need for accuracy.  They are 1 tier above the youtube cinnamon challenge morons. 

Archived