Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Hold the phone, are you going out on a limb and predicting that they will either trade Cousins or not trade him?? 

Only kidding...I do agree that sadly Snyder will dig in more and try to do something vindictive rather than something in the best interest of the team!

The post certainly comes across that way, not much of a limb to go out on. However, your last point was indeed the one I was trying to make. Snyder will just hold on to him (under the tag) to make the point that Kirk can not dictate terms. 

I do think at this point Snyder will have to make the decision, either keep Bruce and trade Kirk, or (the one most of us prefer) dump Bruce and sign Kirk.

1 minute ago, DJD2 said:

Sucks to say but at this point you get whatever you can for him in a trade.

Take your pick - get fleeced in a trade this year or get nothing next year.

Yay Redskins.

Yes, it would certainly be a fleecing. The Redskins would certainly want the 2nd overall from the 49ers in return for Kirk. I would highly doubt that Kyle Shanahan would do such a thing. 

At this point it would be nice to just get the 33 (?) overall, and maybe a second or third next year. Even then that may be a pipe dream at this point.

Everything is so confusing with this team! The "anonymous sources" were supposed to be gone from the building a couple of seasons ago and now they have returned full fledge. Kirk Cousins and Bruce stated they wanted to build here and now they don't. After the Packers game this last season many of our fans stated Kirk did not like Scott MC but now he wants out due to his firing?  

1 minute ago, beachboy757 said:

Everything is so confusing with this team! The "anonymous sources" were supposed to be gone from the building a couple of seasons ago and now they have returned full fledge. Kirk Cousins and Bruce stated they wanted to build here and now they don't. After the Packers game this last season many of our fans stated Kirk did not like Scott MC but now he wants out due to his firing?  

It's becoming pretty clear it's Bruce.  He's the only one sticking around after smearing everything that leaves.

1 hour ago, onedrop said:

OR, maybe the guy wants to play for a bonafide professional organization while his best years are ahead of him. Isn't that a possibility? Or you've already dictated the one and only truth to us and nothing else matters?

Yup. Exactly. Good thing you catch on so quick. :)

1 hour ago, onedrop said:

OR, maybe the guy wants to play for a bonafide professional organization while his best years are ahead of him. Isn't that a possibility? Or you've already dictated the one and only truth to us and nothing else matters?

If the 49er's are a "bonafide professional organization" Then the Redskins are the Patriots. For gods sake they have had 4 head coaches in 4 years.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

If the 49er's are a "bonafide professional organization" Then the Redskins are the Patriots. For gods sake they have had 4 head coaches in 4 years.

Top notch organizations get the number 2 pick in the draft too. Because they are so great they earned it from being so great lol

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not to mention their new GM is a complete unknown quantity and was an out of the blue hiring. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Seriously. Lets not go too crazy here and forget that the 49ers had players in their prime retiring just so they didnt have to play for them anymore. 

We are still a few weeks away from that. Chill out lol

45 minutes ago, sknsrbck26 said:

JP Finlay on his twitter is now saying Browns could be a match for Cousins, if they think they could get a LTD done.

Be happy to end this saga by dealing him there it would be our best option only have to play them once in the regular season that way

I don't doubt that Chick tweet for one second. Lots of anger pointed towards Bruce but this is all Snyders fault. Get rid of Bruce and he'll just pop in another puppet in his place. This many people can't be an issue over 20 years of ownership. He is the common denominator. Anyways, RJF, also seems to side with Cousins regarding his contract so I wouldn't be surprised if a few players dislike Allen as well.

2 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

And if it is true then Kirk is a diva just like the front office is. They all deserve each other in that case.

These reporters don't just post BS the general thought the past two weeks should teach everyone that. We didn't believe the GM stories and they were true we didn't believe Cooley and he was right at some point we have to stop thinking fake news and accept they aren't just talking out the side of their necks

I'd suggest there are few intelligent people who also know the nfl that would look at the last 15 years and not see the 49ers as a more stable (and factually more winning) franchise even with the last 4-5 years of issues (and still 6 playoff games during it) and being in the middle of another (promising, I'd say) makeover.

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Be happy to end this saga by dealing him there it would be our best option only have to play them once in the regular season that way

And if its true that he is trying to dictate who the team president is. I would love to trade him to the QB hell hole that is Cleveland.

Archived