Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

1 minute ago, nemocystem said:

So...ummm...i think this is the appropriate thread? Maybe?  But...ummm....if any of you were wondering what this ugly MFer from LA looked like:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2017/3/9/14875238/dissatisfied-fans-to-hold-march-on-ashburn-at-redskins-park

There ya go.  First pic...91 jersey at AZ game.  Yes...glory hound all day.   My 15 minutes!!!

As for the march? Can't be there....gotta work here in Manhattan Beach, CA on Saturday.  Break a leg everyone!

awesome!

4 minutes ago, nemocystem said:

So...ummm...i think this is the appropriate thread? Maybe?  But...ummm....if any of you were wondering what this ugly MFer from LA looked like:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2017/3/9/14875238/dissatisfied-fans-to-hold-march-on-ashburn-at-redskins-park

There ya go.  First pic...91 jersey at AZ game.  Yes...glory hound all day.   My 15 minutes!!!

As for the march? Can't be there....gotta work here in Manhattan Beach, CA on Saturday.  Break a leg everyone!

Haha awesome man! something i'm sure has been group texted to the homies and family lol

Kirk Cousins has read the art of the deal.  Undercut adversaries.  Show no interest.  Tell your employer you would like to go somewhere else.  Have fans who adore you tell the world and boycott your employer.  Yep, he's the leader of our team.

HTTR   

13 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

At this point I am wondering about his mental state. I mean is he going to have a chip on his shoulder to where he'll blow games on purpose. He throws INTs by accident in crucial game times. What if he tries to throw INTs on purpose in crucial moments and............wait.....he may accidentally throw TDs.

I guess we can handle Kurt for one more year. 

At this point it's insanity for them to keep him for 2017 if he truly doesn't want to be here.  They have to trade him, or sign him.  There are no alternates.  Their refusal to trade him makes me (very, very slightly) optimistic that they think they can work out a LTD.

Heck man we are blaming the front office for not signing KC to a LTD and yet you have fans that say trade him, don't pay him like a franchise QB, he chokes etc etc.  And yet these same fans were all in allowing a abomination of a QB another year to prove it while pissed KC got the job.

KC is doing it right, there is not reason for a home team discount, there is not reason for him to say he wants to be a Redskin.  Let us and the front office show him we want him here first, us by saying how freaking lucky we are to have a viable top 10 QB and the front office overpaying him.  Hell overpaying its in their DNA for bums, why not for a QB that has broken Redskins records, works his ass off, is a great person and young at 29?

13 minutes ago, KokoMike said:

Kirk Cousins has read the art of the deal.  Undercut adversaries.  Show no interest.  Tell your employer you would like to go somewhere else.  Have fans who adore you tell the world and boycott your employer.  Yep, he's the leader of our team.

HTTR   

Or maybe he just doesn't want to be here because of the idiots in charge. I want to get mad at him but it's getting hard to. As much as I want him here.I think it is over. Its too damaged to fix. Unless he signs and kills all the rumors about wanting or explains what happened. He is turning his back on us when his team needs him most. But hey there only a few Teams in the NFL while the rest are diva clown shows to suck money out peoples pockets. Getting a little synical and saying dumb stuff. I know

Good lord, this thread is starting to look like the ex who thinks his old girlfriend is going to wise up and want to come back if he just changes his ways. It's over, they've completely poisoned the well. He doesn't want to be here anymore and we cannot afford to tag him next year. 

At this point our options are to let him play on the tag and walk next year for nothing or deal him to the Niners for what we can get. It's an awful situation to be in and it's sad that it's come to this but he's not going to sign a long-term deal here. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

At this point it's insanity for them to keep him for 2017 if he truly doesn't want to be here.  They have to trade him, or sign him.  There are no alternates.  Their refusal to trade him makes me (very, very slightly) optimistic that they think they can work out a LTD.

This remains problematic though in that the 49ers have as yet shown no indication that they want to trade for Kirk unless we are pretty much giving him away for a late round pick and Kirk is apparently not interested in going to any of the other teams that might pay our price such as the Browns.  I believe both sides feel that waiting for the draft can only increase their leverage, clearly if the 49ers draft a QB in the first round then they are not waiting on Kirk and we can get a LTD done or alternatively if Kyle gets done with his evaluations over the next month and sees nothing he likes he may convince Lynch that it is worth giving us what we want to get Kirk now. 

I still think a scenario in which Kirk and the 49ers try to wait out the next 12 months and get a deal done in free agency is unlikely.  So much risk in this strategy as they cannot guarantee he will be available and healthy and even though they have 6 year deals we know Jed York is Danny Jr and is more than capable of ripping up his 6 year plan after 2 years if he is not getting results.  If Kirk is still here after the draft then common ground on a LTD deal will almost certainly be reached. 

9 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

This remains problematic though in that the 49ers have as yet shown no indication that they want to trade for Kirk unless we are pretty much giving him away for a late round pick and Kirk is apparently not interested in going to any of the other teams that might pay our price such as the Browns.  I believe both sides feel that waiting for the draft can only increase their leverage, clearly if the 49ers draft a QB in the first round then they are not waiting on Kirk and we can get a LTD done or alternatively if Kyle gets done with his evaluations over the next month and sees nothing he likes he may convince Lynch that it is worth giving us what we want to get Kirk now. 

I still think a scenario in which Kirk and the 49ers try to wait out the next 12 months and get a deal done in free agency is unlikely.  So much risk in this strategy as they cannot guarantee he will be available and healthy and even though they have 6 year deals we know Jed York is Danny Jr and is more than capable of ripping up his 6 year plan after 2 years if he is not getting results.  If Kirk is still here after the draft then common ground on a LTD deal will almost certainly be reached. 

Didn't the Colts take year off teice to get the Qb they wanted? It's possible they take that chance. I wouldn't gove the Redskins any picks for him. Just wait for us to screw it all up.

35 minutes ago, KokoMike said:

HTTR   

Fans(?) like you deserve QB's like John Beck, Heath Shuler, and RG III and losing records and a stadium where opposing fans outnumber the home team.  You really do.  You have no right to type HTTR.  Because you don't care about what's best for the team.  Your guy got canned (and was cut by the BROWNS!) so you don't care if the team regresses.  As long as you get your pound of flesh. 

1 minute ago, ThomasRoane said:

Fans like you deserve QB's like John Beck, Heath Shuler, and RG III and losing records and a stadium where opposing fans outnumber the home team.  You really do.  You have no right to type HTTR.  Because you don't care about what's best for the team.  Your guy got canned (and was cut by the BROWNS!) so you don't care if the team regresses.  As long as you get your pound of flesh. 

You have no right to say **** like that to fans of this team. You've been running around killing everyone who doesn't have the same view as you on Kirk. It's not cool at all. And enough with the RG3 crap. He hasn't played a down for this team in two years and he's no longer a viable excuse to use when someone isn't a fan of what Kirk is doing. 

52 minutes ago, Butters20 said:

At this point, does anyone believe Kirk would NOT rather be in SF than here?

I don't want to think that.  49ers..... I don't even think I can be around my one friend who likes them. 

43 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Good lord, this thread is starting to look like the ex who thinks his old girlfriend is going to wise up and want to come back if he just changes his ways. It's over, they've completely poisoned the well. He doesn't want to be here anymore and we cannot afford to tag him next year. 

At this point our options are to let him play on the tag and walk next year for nothing or deal him to the Niners for what we can get. It's an awful situation to be in and it's sad that it's come to this but he's not going to sign a long-term deal here. It is what it is. 

And yet I have this crazy feeling you will be doing back flips the minute KC is gone, traded or otherwise.  

Sorry couldn't help myself.  :)

Not signing Kirk could potentially be one of the worst decisions ever made by this franchise.  We are losing out on GMs, our own talent, and Free Agency because of this.  

Edit: oh and I almost forgot. We are losing out on a pretty damn good QB, too.  

Archived