Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

So what are you saying that most of the posters on this forum aren't good - because for most posters here reason is certainly not something they rely on (Your entire post illustrates this).  

You don't think it's reasonable to try to learn from history, or you don't think it's reasonable to notice that we are following the same tracks because the GOP is using the same playbook?

In either case, you'd be wrong. 

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

You don't think it's reasonable to try to learn from history, or you don't think it's reasonable to notice that we are following the same tracks because the GOP is using the same playbook?

In either case, you'd be wrong. 

~Bang

Lets put it this way -  When W was President heard the same thing there would be no more elections, When O was president - oh the same thing again just from the right, Now with Trump oh surprise back to the left  - same mantra.

I've put it to you all succinctly in the in past and here it is again you've all gone nuts, well most of you have.

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Lets put it this way -  When W was President heard the same thing there would be no more elections

I remember people saying a lot of stuff about W, some deserved, some not, but I don't recall anyone saying there would be no more elections.

Just now, nonniey said:

Lets put it this way -  When W was President heard the same thing there would be no more elections, When O was president - oh the same thing again just from the right, Now with Trump oh surprise back to the left  - same mantra.

I've put it to you all succinctly in the in past and here it is again you've all gone nuts, well most of you have.

i think it's a bit more when they actually do it.

There are reams of correlations, more than can be ignored. When the whole world is thinking the same thing... welll..

call me nuts.

I bet that guy who wrote that piece called a few of his neighbors nuts when he wrote how the rhetoric would die down.

He probably even justified why a few of them disappeared.

~Bang

45 minutes ago, visionary said:

I remember people saying a lot of stuff about W, some deserved, some not, but I don't recall anyone saying there would be no more elections.

Of course not. W was a disaster for this country but he was not a raving lunatic like Trump. Of course, it was also never in doubt that he may have intentionally used the help of a hostile nation to get elected.

W after losing the popular vote, didn’t spread bull crap like “3-5 million people voted illegally”. Such statements seriously jeapordize our election integrity. 

But nonniey knows this. And I believe there is a little bit of projection on hyper partisanship going on. Because a month ago, he was telling everyone how dramatically the economy turned around under Trump and how much it sucked under Obama.

55 minutes ago, visionary said:

I remember that being the first time hearing of a possible clause for the legislative branch to allow a president to stay in power during a war to ensure continuity should it get too ugly for a transfer in power to make sense. 

Spent some time today to confirm, for every technicality, there's a counter.  If the Military has to choose between the President and the Constitution, they are required by law to pick the Constitution.  Even Martial Law cannot suspend an election or transfer of power, we had an election right in the middle of the Civil War and we're technically always at war.  I didn't think anyone was serious with Bush when they mentioned this, nor do I believe what Trump needs to accomplish this will back him. 

Congress can't help him do it without changing the constitution, Military won't support him because Constitution tells them they can't help him do that.

19 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

I know,the fact that anyone would consider Hillary as a viable candidate  for the Presidency is utter lunacy.

These got damn libs, man. They dont care about her being a good candidate they just want to see America burn!!

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember that being the first time hearing of a possible clause for the legislative branch to allow a president to stay in power during a war to ensure continuity should it get too ugly for a transfer in power to make sense. 

Spent some time today to confirm, for every technicality, there's a counter.  If the Military has to choose between the President and the Constitution, they are required by law to pick the Constitution.  Even Martial Law cannot suspend an election or transfer of power, we had an election right in the middle of the Civil War and we're technically always at war.  I didn't think anyone was serious with Bush when they mentioned this, nor do I believe what Trump needs to accomplish this will back him. 

Congress can't help him do it without changing the constitution, Military won't support him because Constitution tells them they can't help him do that.

Also like I posted earlier, a president's elected term ends at a specific day and time. That's why a re-elected president has to be sworn in again, they just don't automatically go on serving (quite a difference serving the People and serving oneself and socio-economic group).

It's good that the military has to defend the Constitution as they are sworn. If they don't, that's a sure case of treason if they support someone who tries to circumvent the Constitution.

And let me state clearly that anyone who supports this president for life nonsense is no patriot and is instead a traitor to the United States of America.

This Nation is too strong to be ruined by one narcissistic, compulsive liar, though he can, and already has, damaged some of the institutions - the FBI, the intelligence agencies, State Department, Justice, the free press.

They will all bounce back and remain strong again long after his rotting corpse is moldering.

Archived