Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RCC.com: The Redskins are HBO's backup plan if the NFL grants Cleveland's request for exemption due to Manziels rehab. (M.E.T.)

Chadwiko

NFL players must be the most easily distractable people on the planet.

My only fear is Snyder doing something stupid and embarrassing

I find it hard to imagine that Snyder would ever appear on camera. This kind of thing seems like his worst nightmare.

(It still strikes me as amazing that we are a decade and half into the Snyder Era and people still don't seem to get his personality. He is a petty tyrant at times....but a socially awkward, camera-shy petty tyrant).

Don't worry this will not happen when all of those "change the name" idiots get wind of this they will burn down HBO.

This is very true.  Hard Knocks would bring the name change truthers out in a big way.  However, given that the name change nonsense picked back up in a big way with the 2012 success/rookie phenom, we can't be scared of national prominence.  I'd rather be successful and constantly deal with the name change debate than live in the shadows with a garbage football team named the Redskins.

We are a team trying to instill discipline.  We already have enough problems with our players being in a decent sized media market.  You add one major intrusion like this and it could affect the attitudes of certain players early on.

I think the point is that if the team MUST do it, now would be the time to do it.

Low expectations and a new GM. Why not now? 

I wouldn't care. The Hard Knocks is a curse thing is dumb to me.

We aren't going to be good regardless--hell, if we overachieve, we'll be mediocre at best. I just don't want the drama. It's bad enough that everything Gruden, RGIII, any thing any one says gets dissected a million ways to Sunday already--how bad is it going to be with all the HBO cameras catching everything?

Can we have a quiet offseason? Please?

Don't worry this will not happen when all of those "change the name" idiots get wind of this they will burn down HBO.

All 6 of them that are left?

I think for us out-of-region fans, this would be great.  We don't get the local coverage, the everyday talk/speculation/news etc etc of our team the way those who do that live in the coverage area.

I'd love a chance to get a closer look at team, the players, and some of the process that goes into the decision-making during training camp.

I also think the "OMG the distraction" is a bit overblown.

In fact, I think the only downside to this is once it catches headlines that the "Redskins" will be featured on HBO, you can surely bet all the protest organizations will be trying to make their presence felt and I have no idea how HBO would cover that aspect. (if at all)

Our team is **** so some extra cameras would barely affect their performance

Would be cool seeing how everyone gets on and how many F bombs our guys drop lol

My only fear is Snyder doing something stupid and embarrassing

Like sitting in a skybox with an elderly Indian to prove to the media that the Indian nation is behind him. Maybe he could have a couple of Indians living in a teepee beside the practice fields and they could high five the players after practice?

Like sitting in a skybox with an elderly Indian to prove to the media that the Indian nation is behind him. Maybe he could have a couple of Indians living in a teepee beside the practice fields and they could high five the players after practice?

I didn't think it was embarrassing that he did that, I'm actually glad he did but still thought your post was hilarious

This year, that includes the Redskins, Giants, Browns, Texans, Jags, Titans, Vikings, Bucs and Rams.

I said a while back, out of those that are actually available, the best options for entertainment/Ratings are:

Browns - Manziel and that QB competition

Redskins - Griffin / Gruden drama

Titans - New QB

Bucs - New QB

The rest just aren't likely as appealing of options.

I don't think we're going to be competing for the playoffs this year, so I say bring them in. We get it done and over with now so we don't have to worry about it for 10 years in the future.

They say it all depends on how the league reacts to the Browns request not to do it because Manziel is just out of rehab.  They say it could damage his recovery.  If the NFL agrees the Skins will be the next team up.  I think I actually hope we end up on the show.

Scotty Mac would never EVER allow this.

Carry on.

It's not a teams choice.  Unless you meat certain criteria if they say you're doing it, you're doing it.

It's not a teams choice.  Unless you meat certain criteria if they say you're doing it, you're doing it.

Hey man. I didn't realize the NFL passed a resolution last year making this mandatory. What ****ing idiots these owners can be sometimes.

You realize we suck, right? And that as a Redskins fan, your team is supposed to entertain you?

So unprecedented inside access to your favorite team via an incredibly well made and riveting documentary should not be available to entertain the hell out of all of us

The fans and media that cover this team are ADDICTED to drama. This show will exponentially accentuate that. I see how drama benefits the poor sucker fans of this team. Don't see how that benefits the team.

With a new GM, D co-ordinator and God willing a new way of doing business at Redskin Park a TV series about the Redskins would seem like the worst way to extricate drama from the organization. I appreciate your perspective Conn but I guess I'm delusional.

Oh and I am entertained by ****ing wins (not soap operas) which have been in short supply recently.

Archived