Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expected win totals know that FA (the important part) is finished as well as the draft?

The Wicked Wop

Win Total - Post FA (mostly) & Draft  

169 members have voted

1. 1. After our FA (the major part) & the Draft, how many wins do you think the Skīns will have

• 11 or more
    • 9 - 10
    • 7 - 8
    • 5 - 6
    • 4 or less

I was thinking 6.5 but rounded up.

Defense should be improved, both via players and system. We'll finally be an attacking aggressive defense, and we'll all understand when Has-watch begins to approach day 300.

Offense is likely to still have troubles. We're about a year or two removed from having the OLine we're trying to build, and QB play will probably continue to be questionable. However, we could surprise on this front and that would push the estimate up probably.

I don't like your options.  I think we win between 5-7 games.  If we are as bad as I think we will be; we will finish 5-11. Meaning Gruden and Griffin will be gone in 2016,   If we are better than I think we will be; then we will finish 7-9.  Gruden returns and the QB that wins the most games returns.  If that is Robert; then he's back.  If it is Colt or Kirk; then Robert is gone and we draft the franchise QB in 2016.

I don't like your options.  I think we win between 5-7 games.  If we are as bad as I think we will be; we will finish 5-11. Meaning Gruden and Griffin will be gone in 2016,   If we are better than I think we will be; then we will finish 7-9.  Gruden returns and the QB that wins the most games returns.  If that is Robert; then he's back.  If it is Colt or Kirk; then Robert is gone and we draft the franchise QB in 2016.

its always an issue between too many choices and to few.  My line of thinking was:

1) 4 or less puts us on par with the last 2 seasons, and we've yet to escape the trouble of past mismanagement.

2) 5-6 shows some improvement but a hill still to climb. Perhaps another solid offseason or two to get to the next level.

3) 7-8 very good improvement and the core has been put in place just needs longer to bake. Perhaps a handful or starters and additional depth needed to contend for the playoffs or division on a regular basis. Roughly or close to a .500 team.

4) 9-10 SM and JG out did their jobs in year 1 of working together and we're in playoff or division contention. Luck involved of course.

5) 11+ division winners, with way better then expected improvement. Other variables of course, but perhaps on the cusp of in contention of the playoffs year in and out from this point further.

Still don't have a good QB, the backend of the defense is still a disaster outside of breeland, Joe Barry is the defensive coordinator, and a Gruden is still the head coach.

I voted 4 or less wins. Maybe they'll win 5 or 6. The lines COULD turn out be a little better, barring injury. *shrugs*

I don't mind at all if you all would prefer to be optimistic, though. Anything is possible, and I don't claim to know the future! :)

So early! Still so many questions on Griffin's fit in Gruden's offense, on how well the new defensive coaching staff performs, and how well the overhauled defensive secondary gels into a decent unit, (especially if a sputtering offense keeps them on the field too much).

I think with that many questions, I'd plunk down an optimistic 7-8, going with the assumption the Skins get reasonably decent play from the QB position. (Frankly, I believe the team could mirror how well the QB performs in supplementing the running game --so if the QB is bad they'll sink to 5-6; if the QB is really good, 9-10+.)

While it's early, not much is going to change my opinion on this until I hear some new updates on RG3 and/or once the preseason games start and we see how comfortable he is in the pocket and if he's making good reads/throws.  Last year after the Ravens game I went from being a homer fan to expecting a disaster of a season and that's more or less what we had despite some bright spots along the way.  It's 5-6 games unless RG3 improves significantly.  If RG3 is bad, Kirk is not going to change much since if RG3 went into the season the starter, Kirk must not have made a significant leap himself.  The rest of the roster while improved, isn't going to win us games outright despite QB play. And, getting to 6 games is still 2 more wins than last year, so that actually is giving the D line and O line credit even if the range of 3-6 wins sort of sounds the same.

When you look at our schedule, we play alot of teams that are in our situation but probably slightly further in their progress.  Teams like STL, MIA, NYJ, BUF.  All teams that have tough D's with varying questions at QB.  I always was a fan of Foles and am happy the eagles got rid of him, but if he picks up their offense fast I see us having very little chance in that game. MIA is dependent on Tannehill but have explosive D players, the Jets and Bills both have better proven Ds and similar Os to us.  Then there are NFC south teams like NO ATL and CAR that all have decent teams if their QBs play well.  Then there's NE and the NFC east. Going 2-4 is probably the over under of where to start in the division.  It's a much tougher schedule than it looks.  I'd say our easiest games are TB obviously and the first Eagles game until something changes.

So, it's pretty much 6 wins with a major caveat.  Not much different than most teams, tough year unless you have good QB play. 

If there was a 6-7 choice I probably would have chosen that,  but I feel more comfortable with 5 wins as opposed to 8.  8 is starting to get a little rich in terms of expectation. 

Can't find the "absurdly premature" choice.

A better poll would be as to when it would be realistic to start predicting the win-loss record.

... and the winner again (for every year) is - after pre-season.

The Rook :)

A better poll would be as to when it would be realistic to start predicting the win-loss record.

i definitely want to see one in preseason or after our 53 man roster is set (whether I or someone else posts it) that said we have a fair idea where our and our division rivals rosters are headed. 

True, but these preseason mags will start coming out after Memorial Day.  So, they will be making their predictons early.

This assumes no rediscovery of his 2012 form for RGIII:

Ceiling: 7-9

Expected: 6-10

Floor: 4-12

Vegas set our over/under total at 6, and Vegas knows what it's doing on a macro scale. 5 is a bit too low, 7 may be a bit too high, hence the six. 

if RGIII were to find his 2012 form, the ceiling would be 11-5, but so far that seems highly unlikely. 

I'm not getting my hopes up so hoping for 4-5 wins.  It's the same thing every single year on these forums.  Last year during FA and Draft you could have sworn our defense was going to be top 3 according to these forums.  We were pretty much 100% playoff bound last year no doubt.  "What a breathe of fresh air this draft was", "Bruce is really learning how to draft",  "Dan is becoming a real owner", "Haz finally has his pieces in place for an elite defense", "Our Dline is going to be a monster this year".  Same thing every year and our team comes out and ****s the bed.  What is so different with SM?  Nothing.  

I just can't see this team turning around in 1 year with SM.  I'm not saying I don't believe in SM (I think he could be the best thing to happen to us), but I'm not getting my hopes up as this offseason had 0 differences from last year.  And we still have the RG3 factor.  Is 2012 RG3 going to show up, or last years RG3.  

Going through the schedule I reckon somewhere between 6-8 wins, based more on the issues that our opponents have rather than any dramatic improvement from us. But if we can get a bit tougher overall on D, Scheff gives us a bit extra from RT, and improved play from the ST, then there are enough flaws in many of our opponents to land 8 wins:

Giants are still pretty much of a mess, TB won't get that much better from one draft, Jets & Rams are beatable, Saints seem to be on the decline, who know how the Bills will react to Rex, Week one is always a crap-shoot, by week 16 Tebow could be starting QB for the Eagles and i'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I cede a win to the Cowboys ;).

We won't win all of them but I'll hope for toughin' out 8 wins as a stepping stone to better things.

With MASSIVE question marks over our HC/ OC and DC, not to mention all three QB's on the roster; I can't envisage anything much better records wise than last year.

But then we're in a complete organisational rebuild, so the record really doesn't matter

Progress among the young players. But not translating into wins just yet.

4-12.

Hail.

as others have said, kinda early to make any prediction but since it was asked, i figure around 6 wins.  6 wins will be an improvement.  if we're going to be more of a smash-mouth ball-control offense as I see us becoming (due to our draft pick selections) and we're successful with it, we may even be better than that.

Archived