Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expected win totals know that FA (the important part) is finished as well as the draft?

The Wicked Wop

Win Total - Post FA (mostly) & Draft  

169 members have voted

1. 1. After our FA (the major part) & the Draft, how many wins do you think the Skīns will have

• 11 or more
    • 9 - 10
    • 7 - 8
    • 5 - 6
    • 4 or less

In my opinion, I do not think this is "absurdly premature". I think this is a very good temperature check that can be rechecked prior to pre-season, then again right before the season and can give us quality metrics regarding our feeling about the team and how they are progressing.

Can't find the "absurdly premature" choice.

A better poll would be as to when it would be realistic to start predicting the win-loss record.

... and the winner again (for every year) is - after pre-season.

The Rook :)

how about a "how many predict the win/loss" threads, will there be before the season starts.

With MASSIVE question marks over our HC/ OC and DC, not to mention all three QB's on the roster; I can't envisage anything much better records wise than last year.

But then we're in a complete organisational rebuild, so the record really doesn't matter

Progress among the young players. But not translating into wins just yet.

4-12.

Hail.

the "massive question marks" seem like overly dramatic, fan driven bull**** and nothing coming from the FO, so maybe we can let that go, as its all been addressed.

the "massive question marks" seem like overly dramatic, fan driven bull**** and nothing coming from the FO, so maybe we can let that go, as its all been addressed.

The fans can't 'drive' guys career performances to date. Those mess' are in the books already. 

Love it or hate it, there's massive question marks over the HC, OC, DC and all three QB's on this team going forward.

I'll presume that got lost in translation and you mistakingly related it to mean the FO's 'concerns.' 

Hail. 

The fans can't 'drive' guys career performances to date. Those mess' are in the books already.

Love it or hate it, there's massive question marks over the HC, OC, DC and all three QB's on this team going forward.

I'll presume that got lost in translation and you mistakingly related it to mean the FO's 'concerns.'

Hail.

I'm not worried about Gruden. We hired a better Oline coach and QB coach. We also got him more scheme suitable players.

On defense, we got a Wade Philips deciple, old school d line coach and a new secondary coach, while replacing half the starters and adding ST suited depth.

There is always concern and hope for improvement, but to label it a massive concern, would be to assume SM is concerned and did nothing.

Just seems like a lot of intentionally over looking, so chicken littles can find their comfortable spot on the ledge.

Id have to go with 7.  

The defense was terrible last year, and while I think the DLine is massively improved, you still have a giant unknown in the secondary, and maybe more importantly in your DC.  We filled holes with players that would turn our defense into an average defense, we just think we did an awesome job because our defense was SO bad last year its a massive improvement.  Im hoping Im wrong, but I think the smart money is on this defense being ranked 15-20th next year.

The offense again is another big unknown.  Theres not much proof yet Gruden has any clue what hes doing, or that we have a sure QB.  Now, if one of either Long or Moses has developed to the point he can come in and start as an improvement, I think all of the sudden we go from having a bad line to a pretty good line, and that may turn things around.  But unless RG3 just turns back to his 2012 form, I cant see more than 7-8 wins.  And thats okay, because I want to build for the future and have a dynasty, and I think we are on that path!

For a team that has won 3.5 games a year the last 2 seasons, there is no such think as "overdramatic, fan driven bullstuff".  I would agree with you on the lack of massive question marks, as I think question marks obviously imply a question of whether a team is bad or not, where as the Redskins have proved it for years.  Not to say they wont be much better 2 years from now, but lets be honest, the team has been horrid and it wont be fixed this year except by some miracle we all rejoice over.

Id have to go with 7.  

The defense was terrible last year, and while I think the DLine is massively improved, you still have a giant unknown in the secondary, and maybe more importantly in your DC.  We filled holes with players that would turn our defense into an average defense, we just think we did an awesome job because our defense was SO bad last year its a massive improvement.  Im hoping Im wrong, but I think the smart money is on this defense being ranked 15-20th next year.

To me its all about points given up on the defensive side. I could care less where we rank at the end of the day, I care that we give up far less then 400+ points like the past 2 years.  

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/

If at the end of the day we keep the PA to the mid 300's at the most, we start giving ourselves a chance to be in most/more games in the 4th quarter. At the end of the day we might be 5-11 to 8-8 but at least we have more chances to win.

Just for fun I will use a math formula.  We will win 60% of the games Robert starts (rounded down) or 40% of the games Kirk starts (rounded down) which ever is higher.

So, if Robert starts all 16 games, we will win 9.  If he only starts 10 games, we will win 6 games this year.

If Kirk starts 10 games, we will win 4 games this year.

My thought process is that if Robert is starting, then he is healthy and doing relatively well.  If Kirk is starting Robert was hurt or sucked, the team is dejected and we continue to find ways to lose.

Before the draft, I had 5-11.  I thought Scot overhauling the defense, especially at the dline and secondary was enough to tack on a couple of wins over the last couple of years win avg.; hence, the 5-11 prediction.  After the draft, we seemed to have added a lot of tough players which should also help improve special teams.  We bolstered the oline. With the old saying, "football is won in the trenches", we at least on paper drastically improved both our lines.  Since both of our lines seem to be improved, we should see some additional improvement in the win total. 

After the draft, I have us at 6-10 or 7-9.  Now the big question is what are we going to see at QB?   Depending on the play at QB, we could have a good season.  I'm not nearly as down on Robert as some are but I'm also not expecting him to come out looking like Steve Young either.  If Robert plays well, we could be 9-7 or better.

The biggest wildcards for next season are Robert's play, Barry coaching D, and Gruden's 2nd year adjustments.  

I don't now. What will I do know.

I'm just sayin'

6-10, I don't think picking a bunch of rookies is going to make us much better, but the draft isn't about building a team KNOW, it's about waiting KNOW so that you will be better in the future, you NOW.

Yes, I am going to be the spelling police. This one's basic, and it took me a few minutes to try and figure out what the thread title was actually saying.

I like the idea though.

I voted to stay the same @ 4 wins.

Merely obtaining a gaggle of Draft choices (Draft over-rated) does not change relative strength in NFC because Skins still arguably have the least efficient QB ... and until we see it ... a not too much improved Defense.

Skins 2 or 3 years away and 2 or 3 players away ... one of which is (gulp) an elite QB.

Just look at the teams that made the Playoffs last year!

I'm pretty shocked that 50% of us think we're a .500 team.

I think a lot of us picked 7-8 but really mean the 7, not the 8.  Some posters have said they'd have preferred a 6-7 category, and I know that I personally picked 7-8, but said I was thinking 6.5, and rounded up.  So definitely not .500.

I imagine if you delved into the distribution of the 85% between 5-8 wins (which sounds about right, 85% chance of falling between 5-8 wins), it'd probably be something like 10% think 5 wins, 25% think 6 wins, 40% think 7 wins, and 10% think 8 wins (so sort of a bell curve).

I'm pretty shocked that 50% of us think we're a .500 team.

A bit more reserved then WashPo poll that on average had the team reaching 9 wins I believe.

I think everyone is a bit more optimistic around this time of year, that's why I'd like to compare this poll to one right after the preseason. A) we should have a better idea of what the team looks like as a whole/playing together, B) we'll see if the optimism has subsided a bit. 

My max was 6 before FA, & it sits at 6 now. I want to rate us higher....at about 7, approaching 8; however, not only have many other teams also gotten better this offseason, but specifically the ones we get to face on our schedule.

Our schedule won't get any preseason "league's toughest schedule" marks...but i would venture a guess that come season's end, our schedule will be rated as one of the toughest.

MIA, BUF, NYJ all got better by a lot, & NE is the defending SB champs. STL, TB, CHI are our fellow bottom dwellers, & 2/3 there also heavily improved. I thibk the only teams that don't particularly worry me are CHI, NO, NYG, & PHI. I also am never terribly concerned about the Pukes as i usually figure a split is in the cards.

I could see us win 4 Divisional games this year, & then it's a crapshoot. If we figure out the QB situation by vastly improving our rushing attack, & converting 3rd downs & RZ opportunities, we could win as many as 10 or 11...but i believe we would still be eeeking out W's.

I love the Culliver, Goldson, & JJ acquisitions to help cover behind the defensive front. I think we upgraded the front 7 significantly, & Scherff is going to let people know who he is.

My best (realistic) hope is that we meet 6 wins or exceed up to 8/9, but that we hit teams square in the mouth week in & week out. Even if we go 4-12 with each game being one where we make our opponent take notice, & recognize that the Redskins came to play...then i'm good. Let the next draft class come in & let's keep it rollin'!

Hail.

Question marks can go either ways...

And you can apply them to almost everyone all the time.

I'm in the 6 to 7 wins range. We should win a couple more games based on the improvements on defense all else being at least equal. 

Anything more than 6 or 7 wins depends on RGIII or Cousins showing they are really a quality starting QB. I think RGIII has the best chance of doing that but the odds ae against it IMO.

Archived