Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

15 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, extremely mediocre dropping 33, 53, 13, 19, 18, 27 and 29 points against the Wiz in the 2017 playoffs with the last two games being injured :rolleyes:

Most Wizards fans respect him.  He is a heck of a player, and that was true when he was in Sacramento too.  He's always given us problems.  He just got super unlucky with the timing of his injury and his free agency.

• Like 2

Holy crap the Knicks had themselves a draft.  I was wrong about Kevin Knox.  I thought he was soft and didn't think the heart matched the athletic tools, but he crushed Vegas summer league and is justifying those Paul George comparisons.  That ability to outrun guys down the floor and then rise up over the second line and finish at 6'9 is special.  He's a great argument for drafting the young athletic freak NCAA kid and trusting that with NBA freedom and space and the greenlight to play very aggressively, the production will improve.  Size, athleticism, and youth are some of the best traits to draft.

He's going to take a while to get good.  Might not really come into his own before year three or four, but he has a chance to be really really good.  I think the Cavs might regret passing on him for Colin Sexton.  And I think the Knicks might end up being much happier with Knox than they would have been with the guy most of their fans wanted--Trae Young.

And Mitchell Robinson already looks like the next DeAndre Jordan.  That was a heist.  Didn't see him coming at all.

I think that is going to be a great front court.  Tremendous size and mobility.  Knox could grow into a legit second star and be the key to keeping the Unicorn happy in New York.  And I love Fizdale as their coach.  I think Memphis was a bad spot for him and that he needed a young team to mold.  The Atlantic Division is going to be a dogfight.  It's made massive strides the last two years and is replacing the Central as the best division in the East.

Robinson's stat line from Vegas:

13 PPG on 67% shooting from the floor, 10.2 RPG, and 4 BPG

?

Also, one more thing: Collin Sexton looked pretty good in Vegas.  And Ante Zizic looked really good.  That Kyrie Irving trade is the reason that Cleveland isn't a complete wasteland with zero hope for the future right now.  Laugh all you want about it, but knowing what we now know about Irving's rocky tenure in Cleveland, the Cavs made the best of a terrible situation and got all of the future value they could from dealing him.

Bucks should have picked Embiid over Parker.  Cavs should have picked Embiid over Wiggins.  Swing for the fences in a year where there isn't a no-brainer #1.  It was obvious that Embiid was the most talented kid that year.

But still, that is really bad luck.  The difference between the future being Milwaukee and the future being Philly is in the fate of that draft.

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

2 ACLs are hard to come back from. Dude can’t move laterally. Good decision by Bucks to let him walk 

Tough go of it for Chicago youngins as of late. Still difficult to fathom what happened with Rose. Russell Westbrook made everyone forget about him, but he was something to behold (and I'm still pissed we couldnt get the opportunity to draft him).

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, extremely mediocre dropping 33, 53, 13, 19, 18, 27 and 29 points against the Wiz in the 2017 playoffs with the last two games being injured :rolleyes:

Regardless of his fall from grace, they weren't calling him King of the 4th for nothing that year.