Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Derozan deserves better but its a business, it is what it is. He'll ball out under Pop but I don't think it'll amount to much in a loaded West.

Seems like the Raptors are just committing to rebuilding. They know this core isn't going to win, so just nuke it and start over. Leonard is gone after a year and they'll probably trade Lowry sometime next year and retool in 2020.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Derozan deserves better but its a business, it is what it is. He'll ball out under Pop but I don't think it'll amount to much in a loaded West.

He shouldn't have been lied to, but he's going to the Spurs.  Hard to feel too bad for him.  Also he might not be able to beat a loaded west, but the Raptors were about to fall behind at least two teams in the east.  His exit came at a good time. 

DeRozan don't deserve much. Killed his coach, and his teams chances at getting to the Finals for the first time this year, and failed spectacularly several times. Helped yank the will right out of that organization to the point where they'd rather hedge their bets with a burgeoning headcase than deal with him

I'm surprised by the negative reaction to this deal from some of the other players.  DeRozan seems to have been loved by his teammates and it looks like he had a lot of friends around the league.

I think Toronto might have just poisoned their locker room.  Their GM is going to have trouble getting players to trust him and I wouldn't be surprised if he has difficulty getting free agents to sign.

And the second part of this is I don't think Kawhi is well-liked by his fellow players.  He's going to have a reputation as someone who quit on his team and it's going to be hard to shake that.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm surprised by the negative reaction to this deal from some of the other players.  DeRozan seems to have been loved by his teammates and it looks like he had a lot of friends around the league.

I think Toronto might have just poisoned their locker room.  Their GM is going to have trouble getting players to trust him and I wouldn't be surprised if he has difficulty getting free agents to sign.

And the second part of this is I don't think Kawhi is well-liked by his fellow players.  He's going to have a reputation as someone who quit on his team and it's going to be hard to shake that.

Starting to remind me of Ricky Williams, minus the weed

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Starting to remind me of Ricky Williams, minus the weed

Idk, man, think it was a 30 for 30 on Ricky, he doesn't sound nearly as bad towards the team and franchise as Kawhi, he jus would not stop smoking weed and kept getting caught.  Really nice dude, I'd argue in context he didn't give up on the dolphins, NFL gave up on him with their stupid zero tolerance policy.  I'm suprised we don't hear much at all about NFL players having opioid addictions (or maybe that's the next scandal for them).

On Raptors, if they were able to keep DeRozan, I'd of liked this move, this was a dumb, desperate move to not be the team that chocked last year.  Say Leonard ain't healthy, they'really officially out the way in a wide open conference.

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

On Raptors, if they were able to keep DeRozan, I'd of liked this move, this was a dumb, desperate move to not be the team that chocked last year.  Say Leonard ain't healthy, they'really officially out the way in a wide open conference.

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that this was Masai Ujiri's way of blowing up the team while still claiming that he was trying to win.  My prediction is that next year is their last one before they go in the tank.  I think Kawhi walks in the summer of 2019 and Ujiri can say "well I swung for the fences, nothing to do now but rebuild" even though this was really a move to get out of DeRozan's contract and start over.  Lowry and Ibaka and most likely Valanciunas and Miles will all be expirings that first tank season.  I think they'll dismantle the team and try to find a centerpiece talent in the high lottery.  They draft well though.  And Anunoby, VanVleet, and Powell will still be on the team.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that this was Masai Ujiri's way of blowing up the team while still claiming that he was trying to win.  My prediction is that next year is their last one before they go in the tank.  I think Kawhi walks in the summer of 2019 and Ujiri can say "well I swung for the fences, nothing to do now but rebuild" even though this was really a move to get out of DeRozan's contract and start over.  Lowry and Ibaka and most likely Valanciunas and Miles will all be expirings that first tank season.  I think they'll dismantle the team and try to find a centerpiece talent in the high lottery.  They draft well though.  And Anunoby, VanVleet, and Powell will still be on the team.

This is where I stand as well.

He is going for a Finals appearance and if it doesn’t happen, then blow it all up an start over.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Destino said:

He shouldn't have been lied to, but he's going to the Spurs.  Hard to feel too bad for him.  Also he might not be able to beat a loaded west, but the Raptors were about to fall behind at least two teams in the east.  His exit came at a good time. 

We haven't seen teh best derozan yet.  He was good but watch how good he gets with pop.  it's going to be amazing.  i bet Kawhi takes a step back.  

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

We haven't seen teh best derozan yet.  He was good but watch how good he gets with pop.  it's going to be amazing.  i bet Kawhi takes a step back.  

How much better can Derozan be? The only next level up would be Kobe territory and he ain't that good.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that this was Masai Ujiri's way of blowing up the team while still claiming that he was trying to win.  

I don't know if they are going to let him stay if it's true Kawhi is already saying he won't re-sign there.  That's Erine "Nine Lives" territory.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This is going to be a very strange season.

I don't think the East will have been this barren since the very early '00s.  That's if Kawhi isn't right, which I think he might not be.

This offseason is gonna be wild.

I really believe a star player will get traded before the season starts that will shock everyone.

Jabari Parker took a dump on playing defense.  This should work out well for Chicago.

"Offense wins championships"  "Nobody plays defense"

Oh really kid?  Why don't you teach that to Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, and LeBron James.  What a numb nuts.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/19/carmelo-anthony-trade-thunder-hawks-76ers-dennis-schroder

Anthony out of OKC to Atlanta, who will probably negotiate a buy out and make him a FA.

OKC gets Dennis Schroder.

Somehow the Sixers snuck into the trade sending Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot to OKC and Justin Anderson to Atlanta for Mike Muscala.

Atlanta also picks up a protected 1st round pick that will likely turn into 2nd rounders.

Schorders' got 3 more years at $15.5 million each.  Carmelo was in the last year of his contract.

Might have just waited it out if I were OKC and kept the picks.  If Schroder becomes a good 6th man and leader of their bench unit, it might have been worth it.

Not sure about the Sixers role.  Both of the guys they traded could turn into good players if they can stay healthy.  It might work out, but I wouldn't have wanted to give them both up for Muscala.

From Atlanta's perspective seems like a completely reasonable deal in terms of starting a rebuild.

Edited by PeterMP