Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kevin Love 4yr/120M extension.

Seems high.

They're trying not to fall into the lottery.  I don't know if it's the right move.  I get not wanting to tank, especially after LeBron elevated the franchise into one of the most successful ones in the league, but Philly showed that tanking works.

They have some good looking young role players though.  Osman and Zizic look pretty good.  Sexton is a spark plug who is tough and competes hard on both ends of the court.  Love is solid and has a game that ages well.  Looks like he keeps himself in a lot better shape now.  That team isn't as barren as I thought they'd be.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're trying not to fall into the lottery.  I don't know if it's the right move.  I get not wanting to tank, especially after LeBron elevated the franchise into one of the most successful ones in the league, but Philly showed that tanking works.

They have some good looking young role players though.  Osman and Zizic look pretty good.  Sexton is a spark plug who is tough and competes hard on both ends of the court.  Love is solid and has a game that ages well.  Looks like he keeps himself in a lot better shape now.  That team isn't as barren as I thought they'd be.

It's an economic move, plain and simple, and one that I agree with. They couldn't afford to revert back to a smoldering ruin right away.

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You mean after you chose this dumb hill to fight/die on? I kept it pretty simple. You wanna have fun, stop trying to twist yourself into a pretzel. I agree, this was a pretty simple discussion. You shouldve kept it that way.

Nonsense, I cracked a joke and then said there were ten teams better then them.  Everytime I tried to stick to that you kept saying it's not that simple. Putting words in my mouth about only being ranked 9th because of media bias is not keeping it simple because I never f'n said that.  You inferred that, this shouldve been over hours ago if you had jus listened to me instead of what you thought I really meant.

That is as simple as I can put it on my end. 

This is second time in this thread I've said something that you wouldn't jus let me be on, was it worth it? It's July so we're talking probablility here, so why are you so insistent and something neither of us can prove right now?  

The only one here at me about a hill I choose to die on or wiggle my way out of this is you. You really with a straight face gonna say you better understand what I said then I do?

I get it, be careful what you post because it might turn into a debate.  But we're supposed to be cool, I've had this conversation with multiple people today I barely even know (not all agreed with me), but it was nothing like this. And don't say because it's saved in bytes and can refer to my exact words, no, this was rediculous.  

Your still cool in my book, message board, so kinda expect this to happen from time to time.  Kosh jus said Lakers would be 2nd best team in the east, I dont see anyone spending 3 pages with him about it.

Edited by Renegade7

I put words in your mouth. You're a trip. But you're right, I guess you should just be careful what you post, and I'll  let you be, if I'm apparently gonna take it as seriously as I did, with you drawing my ire, causing me  to stuff words in your mouth,  grassy knoll, etc.

Good lord.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I put words in your mouth. You're a trip. But you're right, I guess you should just be careful what you post, and I'll  let you be, if I'm apparently gonna take it as seriously as I did, with you drawing my ire, causing me  to stuff words in your mouth,  grassy knoll, etc.

Good lord.

This only seems to happen between us in the NBA thread, we need something else to disagree on to test this theory : )

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This only seems to happen between us in the NBA thread, we need something else to disagree on to test this theory : )

Give it time. I'm sure I can find something else akin to the Wizards that will immediately put you on the defensive :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He might be an awful person.  I have a hard time believing anyone who has 8 different baby's mommas isn't an awful person.  But he's an X factor.  Either he destroys our locker room and we end up being terrible.  Or he ends up being a good mercenary and we end up being really good.

I agree with Peter in that I don't think there is going to be much middle ground for the Wizards this season.  We've got the defensive talent now to fix our worst weakness and we could make a Toronto-style leap on that end of the court. But so much depends on Dwight not alienating the locker room and John Wall staying healthy.

He didn’t seem to be a difference maker for the hornets 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He didn’t seem to be a difference maker for the hornets 

****, he was against us. 

Again, it's how were going to use him that will be different then what Hawks and Hornets. You have to follow the Gortat-Wall relationship before it went sour to see what we're talking about, when's last time Howard played with a PG on Wall's level?

10 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

uhhhh whats goings on in San Antone?

Green must be very tough, but it couldn't have been a very severe tear if he didn't realize how badly he was hurt.

And sometimes you develop a high tolerance for pain if you are dealing with pain from an injury for a long time.

I wouldn't blame Kawhi Leonard for seeking a second opinion on his injury, but that's not what the rumors say happened.  Rumors say he shopped for 7 or 8 second opinions until he finally got one that told him to stop playing.

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

****, he was against us. 

Again, it's how were going to use him that will be different then what Hawks and Hornets. You have to follow the Gortat-Wall relationship before it went sour to see what we're talking about, when's last time Howard played with a PG on Wall's level?

Kemba Walker is an all-star point guard .  Good as Wall?  Overall, I'd say no, but he's no slacker by any means.  IIRC Howard had his best season last year since his last all-star season and it didn't impact the Hornets at all.  They were 36-46 the year before he arrived and 36-46 last year with him. 

He can't set screens, and it was said that he was lazy on defense and blamed teammates when a play went bad even though it was because he wasn't running the play or it was on him.  He wants to post up which kills any fast paced offense.  He also clogs the lanes making it harder on his guards to execute.  Then there is the locker room cancer that he is (allegedly from inside sources).  

I mean it might work out for you, but don't think that just because John Wall plays there that means he is suddenly becomes the leopard that will change his spots.  I'd set my expectations low if I were a Wiz fan until I see him actually change his ways.  There is a reason he is on his 6 team in his career.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Green must be very tough, but it couldn't have been a very severe tear if he didn't realize how badly he was hurt.

And sometimes you develop a high tolerance for pain if you are dealing with pain from an injury for a long time.

I wouldn't blame Kawhi Leonard for seeking a second opinion on his injury, but that's not what the rumors say happened.  Rumors say he shopped for 7 or 8 second opinions until he finally got one that told him to stop playing.

I imagine you'd have to be one of those Metal Gear genome soldiers to not feel even the slightest groin pull. I mean, my god, it's your groin. That's gotta be high on the list.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Howard is boom or bust but for us it was worth the risk. I can't imagine him being worse than Gortat or Mahimi though.

"Don't think it can't get any worse, because it can." - said Flip Saunders while coaching the Wizards

may he rest in peace

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Kemba Walker is an all-star point guard .  Good as Wall?  Overall, I'd say no, but he's no slacker by any means.  IIRC Howard had his best season last year since his last all-star season and it didn't impact the Hornets at all.  They were 36-46 the year before he arrived and 36-46 last year with him. 

He can't set screens, and it was said that he was lazy on defense and blamed teammates when a play went bad even though it was because he wasn't running the play or it was on him.  He wants to post up which kills any fast paced offense.  He also clogs the lanes making it harder on his guards to execute.  Then there is the locker room cancer that he is (allegedly from inside sources).  

I mean it might work out for you, but don't think that just because John Wall plays there that means he is suddenly becomes the leopard that will change his spots.  I'd set my expectations low if I were a Wiz fan until I see him actually change his ways.  There is a reason he is on his 6 team in his career.  

Hornets also don't have a Bradley Beal, either.  That's a valid point on the record not changing, but even with his negatives he's such a clear upgrade over Gortat that stat jus doesn't do this situation justice.

I mean, really, Gortat attitude got so bad that we had to get him off the team, so that risk is nothing new to us. 3 out of 4 games Howard ate our lunch money, high risk high reward. 

Steve can correct me on this but the last time we had a consistent post up threat, it was a backup pg, so I'll take it.  The deadliest I've seen this team is when Wall is feeding a center that is having a good day finishing.  How well Howard does that with us or how often we feed remains to be seen.  If you watch us enough, you'll notice our first play is a feed to our center and whether they make it or rim it is good indicator if we win or lose.

As for expectations, I was redskins fan before being a wizards fan, preaching to choir on that one. OMG if we get this right, but %, %, % are not in our favor considering Howards history with turning over a new leaf: Think that's code for him getting another chick pregnant.

If you find a Wizards fan buying finals tickets in July, point them out so we can pull em in the Wizards thread and re-educate them, for their own good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Him and Wall should be best friends. Chemistry factor off the charts. 

It is ironic and hard to defend. 

I'll say this and not expect any fellow Wizards fans to back, but he clearly gives more a **** about winning then anyone else on the team all the way up to the owner, so I give him passes sometimes he might not deserve because I'm tired of losing, too.  I'm also tired of waiting for playoff Wall, he needs to produce like that in regular season. 

He was absolutly right to demand an upgrade at center, him coming out and saying it in offseason with Gortat still on the roster didn't bother me, everyone knew he was gone at that point. That twitter beef midseason was weak, but I don't see anyone there to take him under his wing on how to really do what we need him to be as leader of the team (another pass, for now)

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I imagine you'd have to be one of those Metal Gear genome soldiers to not feel even the slightest groin pull. I mean, my god, it's your groin. That's gotta be high on the list.

He knew it was injured.  Probably thought it was pulled and didn't realize the injury was more serious.