Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Damn. There's the scare that cause him to fall in the draft..

Back surgery as a rookie on your spine is not a good sign.  When I was like 24 I was squatting all wrong and had a partially bulging disc (that still aggrivates me to this day and I'm 36) and I remember going to the docs and saying getting surgery at that age was a very very last resort.  

And back pain is no f'ing joke.  That **** can put you out and make it hard for you to function and breathe.

• Sad 1

Yeah, I got in a car accident last summer, and one of my injuries was a simple lumbar sprain.

Instantly felt like a 90 year old man, brittle back bones moving around like jenga and **** after he gets up from watching his tenth Matlock rerun.

God that sucked.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I got in a car accident last summer, and one of my injuries was a simple lumbar sprain.

Instantly felt like a 90 year old man, brittle back bones moving around like jenga and **** after he gets up from watching his tenth Matlock rerun.

God that sucked.

5f373937-54df-4bd5-985c-508876f68c92-jpe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Joel really dont stop talking, like ever lol

Tatum will always make shots in this league, if he's efficient and smart with it, he'll be just about unstoppable offensively. I hate that he's on Boston

Yeah I was wrong about him.  He's a surefire future All Star with that offensive skillset.  He looks way, way ahead of where Brandon Ingram, Justise Winslow, and Jabari Parker were at his age.

I'm blown away by Embiid in that video.  That handle and speed and body control at ~7'1 is unprecedented.  He is the most gifted player in the NBA.

On 7/19/2018 at 2:33 PM, CRobi21 said:

Damn. There's the scare that cause him to fall in the draft..

He had to say all the right things to get drafted, but everybody shoulda just gone in with the expectation he was gonna sit out the year.  Everything shoulda been focused on getting right for 2019.  I hope the Nuggets had that in mind.

20 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm blown away by Embiid in that video.  That handle and speed and body control at ~7'1 is unprecedented.  He is the most gifted player in the NBA.

The behind the back dribble is nice, but it is much easier to pull that off 1 v. 1 vs. 5 v. 5.  It'll be curious to see if he can use that as a weapon 5 v. 5.  I suspect it is to high.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

He had to say all the right things to get drafted, but everybody shoulda just gone in with the expectation he was gonna sit out the year.  Everything shoulda been focused on getting right for 2019.  I hope the Nuggets had that in mind.

he's young so time is on his side, but you rarely hear about anyone making a recovery good enough to be great at athletics once they open your back.

i'm rooting for him, but he's fighting up a steep hill on this one. I sincerely hope he has someone smart around him advising him about his financials, he may not see a 2nd NBA contract

not sure what Houston is doing this offseason, but they damn sure ain't getting better

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Warriors

Rockets 

Celtics

Thunder

Jazz

Spurs

Pacers

Raptors

76ers 

Lakers?

9 isn’t a reach for the Lakers with Lebron 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

When you consider that there's really no one worth mentioning in the East outside of 2, maybe 3 teams, and that in the West with Lebron, the Lakers should probably be in that 5-7 seed range, I do t really see it as as that far of a stretch

Wizards better with Howard and Timberwolves are better on paper, even with LeBron.  I don't know what happened to the Blazers in playoffs, but that's another one that bounces them out top 10.  Still will make playoffs though, but taking wait and see approach on crew around him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Wizards are going to be a top 10 team, but the Lakers being in the top 9 is unfathomable?

Never said it was impossible, just laughed at it and improbable. Yes, Wizards are better the Lakers right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Never said it was impossible, just laughed at it and improbable. Yes, Wizards are better the Lakers right now.

Improbable? Your original comment, to me, would seem to suggest that if it weren't for the media wanting them there, they would not be there at all... Basically, there is no logical explanation for that ranking other than media bias.

Frankly, I would only say improbable if they were picked 5 or below. But they werent, they were picked 9th.

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

You can not be serious. 

Currently the Lakers team would at worst be the 2nd best team in the east. 

In the west...no lower than the 5 spot. 

I commented on ranking in NBA in general, Lakers aren't top 10, statement has nothing to do with where they rank in the East.  I expect my Wizards to be underrated in here, that shouldn't be confused with disrespect for the Lakers.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Improbable? Your original comment, to me, would seem to suggest that if it weren't for the media wanting them there, they would not be there at all... Basically, there is no logical explanation for that ranking other than media bias.

Frankly, I would only say improbable if they were picked 5 or below. But they werent, they were picked 9th.

Like I said, being outside top 10 doesn't mean they'll miss the playoffs.  Media does want them high as they can get them, that doesn't mean I think they're 15 or lower, jus not top 10 until I see them prove otherwise.  I'd like to see how they do against a team like the Bucks, you know as well as I do Mothership is going to try to overrate the Lakers where they can, especially with LeBron there.