Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Buyout more than likely.

Trade Otto for Melo then buy Melo out for cap space?  If we were going to do that, we shoulda done that while there better FAs available.  I do want that expiring contract, Otto is our highest paid player this year, f that.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Trade Otto for Melo then buy Melo out for cap space?  If we were going to do that, we shoulda done that while there better FAs available.  I do want that expiring contract, Otto is our highest paid player this year, f that.

No. I meant OKC would buy out Melo and we'd pursue him 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

And you wanna replace him with Melo?

One year rental, then have cap space to go after someone else next offseason.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is an absolutely insane mismanagement of resources.

We gotta get that contract off the books, not perfect but one idea. Dude is borderline untradable, here's yiu chance.

Edited by Renegade7

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hmm... think I'd rather take chance to get Otto off books. We're already $20 million over cap, Otto is makin like $26 mill.  No mas.

if nothing else, Otto is a good player

i don't trust Grunfeld with more money in his pocket

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

if nothing else, Otto is a good player

i don't trust Grunfeld with more money in his pocket

Fair, and it's a GD shame.  To me, he's not $27 million good, so damned if you do, damned if you dont.  What do have like the 5th highest payroll and got knocked in first round?  It's out the box, but yall will thank me later

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

To be clear, you suggest giving away one of the best 3 and D wings in the NBA for nothing and it wouldn't give us cap space.

People don’t understand the concept of being able to go over the cap for players you drafted and own the bird rights to, and not being able to overpay for free agents. 

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

To be clear, you suggest giving away one of the best 3 and D wings in the NBA for nothing and it wouldn't give us cap space.

If you explain how Melo''s contract expiring next year winter get us cap space, I'll listen.  Not sure I'd support a straight up trade, we keep talking about cap hell, what do you do?

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

People don’t understand the concept of being able to go over the cap for players you drafted and own the bird rights to, and not being able to overpay for free agents. 

Yes, the NBA salary cap wiki page has been tough for me, it's stupid complex, I basically depend on yall to translate.  Everytime I think I get it, I apparently dont.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If you explain how Melo''s contract expiring next year winter get us cap space, I'll listen.  Not sure I'd support a straight up trade, we keep talking about cap hell, what do you do?

The only way you get cap space from dumping Otto's salary next season is if you let Keef, Sato, and Oubre walk too.

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The only way you get cap space from dumping Otto's salary next season is if you let Keef, Sato, and Oubre walk too.

Is that related to the bird rights, so even after next season is over and Melo''s contract expires in 2019 we'll still save no money with neither Melo or Otto''s contract on the books?

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is that related to the bird rights, so even after next season is over and Melo''s contract expires in 2019 we'll still save no money with neither Melo or Otto''s contract on the books?

It's their cap holds.  To get the cap space, you'd have to release their holds and then you wouldn't be able to use exceptions like Bird Rights to sign them back.

• Like 1

You have to be cash efficient in the NBA. In the NFL you can afford to sign B players to A type deals because you can structure them in a way to get out after 3 years or so. Not in the NBA. If you're not ready to win a title, you're better off not spending anything and waiting patiently for someone legit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to be cash efficient in the NBA. In the NFL you can afford to sign B players to A type deals because you can structure them in a way to get out after 3 years or so. Not in the NBA. If you're not ready to win a title, you're better off not spending anything and waiting patiently for someone legit.

Can you please have "the talk" with Ernie?  Pretty please?