Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The whole superteam thing is a bit hard to put your finger on

Was Kobe + Pau Gasol + Dwight Howard a superteam?  I remember alot of people thinking so at the time.

How about Blake Griffin + DeAndre Jordan + Chris Paul? 

Westbrook + Durant + Harden ? 

I love the **** eating arrogance of that article.  "Lakers are considering trading for all of the good young players in the NBA."

And one of their trending articles over on the side of that website "Trading [our draft bust that nobody else wants] Would Be A Huge Mistake By The Lakers."

Suffice to say I'm not impressed with thebiglead,com's NBA coverage.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I love the **** eating arrogance of that article.  "Lakers are considering trading for all of the good young players in the NBA."

And one of their trending articles over on the side of that website "Trading [our draft bust that nobody else wants] Would Be A Huge Mistake By The Lakers."

Suffice to say I'm not impressed with thebiglead,com's NBA coverage.

I love how they just feel entitled to every great player and that we would be lucky to take on their spare parts for our stars.

Have fun with Lebron and a bunch of tomato cans.

• Thanks 1

So what is the end game with Kawhi now?

If the Spurs wanted to move him, they should have done so earlier before teams started coming to agreements with players.  Now with teams filling up their cap, it actually makes it harder to move him.

Are the Spurs sticking with him for the year?  Is he going to play?

Dwight Howard, eh?

This dude's gonna have like 8 more children in 10 minutes(DMV is ruthless). And he might be even worse than Boogie. At least with Boogie you know that things can't get too out off hand for fear (or uncertainty) that he might snap and stab everyone.

Godspeed 

• Like 1

The Lakers seem to be punting on the season and letting their young guys develop while Lebron gets a season to breathe and recharge the batteries. They are aiming for 2019/20 when they can sign Kawhi outright while keeping their young guys 

unless the Spurs get desperate and make a bad deal just to get something before the situation torpedos their season. At that point, the Spurs lose a lot of leverage and kinda have to take a bad deal. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Lakers seem to be punting on the season and letting their young guys develop while Lebron gets a season to breathe and recharge the batteries. They are aiming for 2019/20 when they can sign Kawhi outright while keeping their young guys 

unless the Spurs get desperate and make a bad deal just to get something before the situation torpedos their season. At that point, the Spurs lose a lot of leverage and kinda have to take a bad deal. 

Lakers plan sounds stupid. Why waste a year of LeBrons prime. He will eventually slow down. Ingram and Lonzo don’t seem transcendent neither does Kuzma. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lakers plan sounds stupid. Why waste a year of LeBrons prime. He will eventually slow down. Ingram and Lonzo don’t seem transcendent neither does Kuzma. 

They don’t to be transcendent, but I would rather keep them than trade for Kawhi now when I don’t know what his health is and can get him next year in free agency. 

Also, looking at their other signings they are all one year deals. They’re gonna walk from all these one year deals, ship Deng’s expiring out for a player and probably try to sign Kawhi. Maybe send one of their young guys out soth deng to bring back another star. 

Just seems like the way they are headed 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't think that's the plan so much as they simply haven't been able to give the Spurs an offer they'll take and they failed to sign Paul George. 

• Like 2

I was really hoping James would force the Balls to Minnesota or something just to shut up Lavar.

And I also think we should save ourselves the time and cancel the 2019 season.  Golden Stat is going to win the championship again, even with an "eh" cast, the Lakers probably make it to the Western finals, and Boston comes out of the East.  

When you know the outcome before training camp starts, why bother have the season?

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Saw a report today that the Lakers think Ball’s camp leaked his meniscus tear to tank any potential trades the Lakers makes guy have wanted to put him in

Makes total sense.  His son can coattail for a ship