Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You don't punt a year when you sign Lebron. The truth is they're just striking out on other FAs.

They punted when they signed him anyway. They weren't contending in '18-19. This is about down the road.

The only place where it wouldn't have been a punt would've been if he'd signed in Houston. I do agree though, it still ain't a given yet that they're back to being this awesone FA destination. I mean, Lance? Javale? Rondo? Lol

• Like 3

Besides Paul George who did they strike out on? Lebron told them prior and obviously was ok with signing without another star. I imagine there is a plan here. You don’t sign Lebron and then plan to win titles by signing rondo and Stephenson to one year deals. 

Ideally im sure they wanted PG and Kawhi but they aren’t going to force a trade for Kawhi at this point. 

They’re not giving up on the year but they’re ok with riding it out this season knowing they won’t be serious title contenders. Their focus is next offseason. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Besides Paul George who did they strike out on? Lebron told them prior and obviously was ok with signing without another star. I imagine there is a plan here. You don’t sign Lebron and then plan to win titles by signing rondo and Stephenson to one year deals. 

Ideally im sure they wanted PG and Kawhi but they aren’t going to force a trade for Kawhi at this point. 

They’re not giving up on the year but they’re ok with riding it out this season knowing they won’t be serious title contenders. Their focus is next offseason. 

If Kawhi signs in Philly, you can pm me and we'll talk it out. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They punted when they signed him anyway. They weren't contending in '18-19. This is about down the road.

The only place where it wouldn't have been a punt would've been if he'd signed in Houston. I do agree though, it still ain't a given yet that they're back to being this awesone FA destination. I mean, Lance? Javale? Rondo? Lol

Certainly, if they could have gotten PG or Kawhi (much less both), they would have been competitive this year.  Maybe not enough to come out of the west, but certainly enough to make a run.

As is, it is hard to see them as more than a 4 seed and a 2nd round exit.

How much more down the road does Lebron have?

I think the plan was pretty clearly Lebron + one more big time players.  Now, I'm not sure there best plan isn't a fake injury to Lebron at the end of pre-season with a 6 month recovery to save his legs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

With a better group of players then he had in Cleveland? 

They're absolutely better than what he had in Cleveland, no question. Problem is the Western conference. The "LeBron Effect" will not be the same in the West as it is in the East, where you can put him on any team and they're almost a certain Finals participant.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

How much more down the road does Lebron have?

I think he passed the "City limits" sign. At this point, with his mileage, it could happen at any moment in the form of an injury. In terms of his skills/athleticism eroding, I'd give it to the end of this contract.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

12 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I'm not sure the group he has in LA is a lot better, but they are at least as good, But as @Mr. Sinistersaid, the difference is the Eastern and Western conference.

Assuming people are healthy, even with Lebron, I don't think LA is as good as Utah.

Healthy Lakers team is certainly better than Utah. 

I can see the question marks. There are only 2 Eastern teams that can even possibly beat the current Lakers team in a seven game series. 

In the West... perhaps 3 or 4 teams currently.  

However as I stated before the start of last season. They are not as good as I would like, but not as bad as most think. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Injuries. 

It really hasn't changed the outcome in the last 10 years.  Who's playing in the finals is almost never a surprise.  Some shuffling below that, maybe, but in the end, who cares if we know it's going to be Boston vs. Golden State, and most likely GS in 5?

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It really hasn't changed the outcome in the last 10 years.  Who's playing in the finals is almost never a surprise.  Some shuffling below that, maybe, but in the end, who cares if we know it's going to be Boston vs. Golden State, and most likely GS in 5?

Well, viewership is up. 

Folks want to see who knocks off the top dog. 

9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

How many games of theirs have you seen?

My guess is 5. What do I win ? 

Damn it, stupid game, stupid prize. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Magic was trying to get Lillard, too, he's going to make calls, he needs to make calls.

Another brick in the Wall... 

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Another brick in the Wall... 

I wonder what they offered.  Must not of been enough, we look like we've doubled down on Wall being the centerpiece.  Lakers need to be looking at the trading block, stop hollering at married men.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wonder what they offered.  Must not of been enough, we look like we've doubled down on Wall being the centerpiece.  Lakers need to be looking at the trading block, stop hollering at married men.

I was just joking about that nonsense. 

Last thing I want is a PG that shoots FTs like Shaq or Dwight. 

Everyone wants Ingram. Magic is not going to give that up...hopefully.  

• Like 1