Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

That's bull**** !!! 

This topic is for a different discussion that most of you would probably be interested in...

That is absurd. No man should ever be forced to pay that type of coin, not to mention...why not fight for full custody ? 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't feel sympathy for any of these athletes.

Keep it in your pants dude.

Yeah... because that's what guys in their youth do when they have millions... 

Pretty sure you and the volleyball situation have spiked a few times...

Men are losing rights and most men don't care or realize it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

People confuse Lebron making the RIGHT basketball play with being passive...

Bruh...

In one year that's enough for pay for both of those kids college tuition.  They 5 and 2, $3 million a year forever long he keeps trying factor changes in his salary is wrong, I'm sorry, its wrong.  That much money it should be ordered into a trust or something, why is she getting it?  Because he's a millionaire?  How many people getting child support right now could use a fraction of that right now, and she's getting $3 million a year because he's a basketball player?  And I saw he they said he threw all 3 of them out and she was homeless, but this is from that same article:

Fun fact about Brynn: her other baby daddy is Matt Leinart, who is also paying her a cool $150k a year in child support as well

TMZ (2013) – As for the child she had with her baby daddy Matt, 6-year-old Cole lives primarily with her and we’re told she’s getting a boatload of child support — we know she was getting $15k a month.

Ladies and Gentleman, that right there is a broken system.  My mom sitting here right now, she does not approve of this nonsense either.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

That's bull**** !!! 

This topic is for a different discussion that most of you would probably be interested in...

That is absurd. No man should ever be forced to pay that type of coin, not to mention...why not fight for full custody ? 

Yeah... because that's what guys in their youth do when they have millions... 

Pretty sure you and the volleyball situation have spiked a few times...

Men are losing rights and most men don't care or realize it.  

A few weeks ago, wife and I were out eating dinner and sat at the bar.  Ended up hearing the guys sitting beside me talking about this very same thing.  I joined the conversation and it turns out that one of his friends got divorced and had to pay some crazy percentage of his salary each month in alimony.  He suspected his wife of cheating on him though he never got solid proof.  They had no children and had been married something like 5 years total.

But she won alimony because she didn't work and claimed that because he made so much money and wanted her to stay at home that she missed out on a career.  I don't remember what he said the guy made, but it was a lot, something like 500K/yr.  And I don't know the exact percentage/monthly payment he had, but basically she got something crazy like 120K/yr in alimony.  

Just looked at a legal website and there is a alimony calculator for NC.  I plugged in 500K for him, $0 for her, 5 years married and it resulted in almost 12K monthly payments or around $143K per year in alimony.  That is some complete bull**** right there.  I'm sure he could fight it, keep taking it back to court to try to get it dropped, but it would probably just cost him more money in legal fees and him still having to pay that.

If anything, they need to take into consideration the age of the person receiving alimony and only approve it for a set number of years it can be received based on the length of the marriage.  I could see the argument that if you spent 5 years being a housewife/househubby and didn't work because your husband/wife didn't want you to and wanted you to take care of the home, then that is 5 years lost where you could have started a career.  So, you get 5 years of alimony. 

But they seriously need to look at the rates and adjust it to where the payments equal a median salary of the average American worker.  There is nothing wrong with that person getting say $60K/yr (based on the numbers above) for 5 years and having to rent an apartment or move and buy a small home, etc.  And it gives them five years to go back to college, find a career, etc.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, Warhead36 said:

I don't feel sympathy for any of these athletes.

Keep it in your pants dude.

He walked out on his kids for a fling with a Kardashian.  That's gross and I've got no sympathy to spare for the man. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If anything, they need to take into consideration the age of the person receiving alimony and only approve it for a set number of years it can be received based on the length of the marriage.  I could see the argument that if you spent 5 years being a housewife/househubby and didn't work because your husband/wife didn't want you to and wanted you to take care of the home, then that is 5 years lost where you could have started a career.  So, you get 5 years of alimony. 

Don't know about NC specifically, but Virginia has the presumption of spousal support duration for half the length of the marriage with discretion to judge to adjust upwards or downwards.  I doubt any state defaults to permanent alimony or spousal support.

As for Blake Griffin, how much would he have spent on his kids if he raised them himself?  I mean the man does make insane amount of money.  Also, CA guideline calculation factors in the percentage of time the children spends with him.  For him to pay that much, I'd imagine the custodial time with dad is extremely low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

He walked out on his kids for a fling with a Kardashian.  That's gross and I've got no sympathy to spare for the man. 

Before we go too far with this, can we all agree that disgust with a broken system that allows that to happen is not in anyway sympathy for what he did?  Not that you said this, but insinuating that he deserves this misses the point.

And this is another topic that makes me wish there were more females here.

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Before we go too far with this, can we all agree that disgust with a broken system that allows that to happen is not in anyway sympathy for what he did?  Not that you said this, but insinuating that he deserves this misses the point.

And this is another topic that makes me wish there were more females here.

Honestly, I think middle class people struggle more to make their child support payments than Griffin will.  Yes the numbers are outrageous, but do we really want rich people to be able to walk out on kids all over the place and just throw them some crumbs from their tables?  I feel like too much of our system already disproportionately punishes those with less, and that makes it hard for me to care about the few moments where the rich face a proportional cost for their indiscretions. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

Honestly, I think middle class people struggle more to make their child support payments than Griffin will.  Yes the numbers are outrageous, but do we really want rich people to be able to walk out on kids all over the place and just throw them some crumbs from their tables?  I feel like too much of our system already disproportionately punishes those with less, and that makes it hard for me to care about the few moments where the rich face a proportional cost for their indiscretions. 

We're not far off on this, but think it's wrong thread for it.  We should make separate one, I'm road, but I'll come in later or start one Tuesday.

The fact so many getting child support get nothing close to that bothers me, I think it's somewhere around 50% of single parents getting CS are around poverty line anyway (what I saw in article other day).  Also read on average it's 17% of your income per kid, so even though in one  month that pays off my student debt 3x over, why isn't he losing 30% of his income?  Why is he so special when some people are losing half?

I'd be more with you if that much money was going into a trust for the kids instead of the mom to decide what to do with ALL of it.  That's more like parent support then child support.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd be more with you if that much money was going into a trust for the kids instead of the mom to decide what to do with ALL of it.  That's more like parent support then child support.

This is actually a really interesting idea for really high child support situations.

The money is to take care of the children month to month not set them up with a windfall trust fund when the kids turn 18. 

No, they don’t need 258,000 to live off month to month buts it’s also only 9% of his monthly income. 

Regardless, the story has been updated and reports are now that it’s actually only 32,000 a month. Still more than the rest of us would ever see but it’s not exactly nailing the man to the wall or a tragic loss of rights, as some claim, to send a small fraction of your income to the children and mother you abandoned 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The money is to take care of the children month to month not set them up with a windfall trust fund when the kids turn 18. 

In normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but these are not normal circumstances if she's already getting $15k a month from someone else.  If we agree it's all together more then she needs, how do we know it's going to the kids the way it needs to?  A lump up front and two trusts makes sure.

Really getting tired of news outlets trying to be first instead of right.  The other aspects of this system that are ass backwards aren't fake news though.  It's one thing to talk about whether this situation is fair, for majority of people this isn't working and needs serious re-examining. 

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No, they don’t need 258,000 to live off month to month buts it’s also only 9% of his monthly income. 

Is that 9% of gross income paid out of the net after taxes?  If so, that’s a huge chunk.  I’ve also read that child support payments are not considered taxable income, is that still true for specials cases like this?  If the previous is true Griffin would be paying her the 3 million and covering the tax bill on top of that, which is probably another 1-1.4 million.  

Still dont feel feel bad for him though.  Plus, this isn’t going to last until those kids turn 18 years old.  There is zero chance Blake is getting anywhere near the kind of money he’s making now after his contract expires 4 years from now.  Someone earlier mentioned a trust, and that’s especially true in this situation where Griffin could end up bankrupt like many athletes in the not too distant future.  Baby momma Brynn is going to live large, no getting around that, but hopefully the details of this arrangement spell out that a healthy portion of that money ends up in a trust.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There is nothing ****ing softer than feeling a sense of grievance because a rich man has to give a lot of money to the kids he abandoned.

The modern American man is a straight up **** ass ****.  I am ****ing ashamed.

A lot?  That is drop in bucket percentage of incomewise compared to other people, especially now with the correct numbers.

I've brought up how the percentages are higher for people in poverty, and not helping the people get out of poverty.  This is why we kept saying this was bigger then Griffin and needed it's own thread, it being in this thread makes it seem like it's about him but this is bigger then that. 

And if you want to fix the bottom of that specturm you have to fix the top, too. I've known people with trusts, an amount is typically available while they are underage, things get taken care of as long as it isn't wasted, and they get more amount and rest when they get older.  In CS, that can be triggered at 18 right in time for college (****, early release if they go to college early)

My ex turned CS down when she got pregnant, dude said she wasn't going be in kid''s life, and she was a teenager when that happened.  She has a masters now.  Some people can turn it down, but the people that really need it (like reallt f'n need it) aren't getting what they needed out it.  

Yall should make a seprate thread before someone else thinks people believe Griffin needs a band-aid and lollipop for this.  I'm not even going to react to that because you are overreacting.