Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It would most likely be more violent, have nudity if on HBO.  But, that aside, look how how ridiculous True Blood got towards the end.  I'll put in spoilers in case some haven't watched it yet.

Reveal hidden contents

TB started out so great, vamps, werewolves/shifters, whole concept/story was great.  Then they started dragging everything and created too many separate story lines and started to get away from the main characters at times (just like TWD) and crammed to many damn creatures/monsters in at one time.  We had to deal with Vamps, werewolves, fairies, shifters/skinwalkers, witches, mediums, maenad, brunjo (what the Jesus char was).  With so many going on at the same time. 

They are bringing a nude walker, I can't stand the suspense

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think it was over for me after Shane died.  It’s just been on repeat since then.  The prison and The Governor were a decent arc but once the brought out a ****ing tank, it crossed into grossly stupid.

Well, to be honest. They really did bring a tank to take the prison in the comic. At least I think they did, I can’t remember it’s been awhile. So you can blame Kirkman for writing that. 

I read that the Walking Dead received higher ratings than the closing events of the Olympics. After reading Coral was a goner, I was happy that I stopped watching the show after the trash faction was introduced. 

For those that have enjoyed the shows, I recommend reading TWD graphic novels. Carl is actually a badass and deserved better than Kirkland portrayed him on the show.

Artistic License, I guess.  That's probably the difference between a character from a comic book and another that's supposed to be portrayed as an actual person.  Sounds like I would've been fine if the series was more somewhere in the middle. I don't like that they killed his son, not at all.

Well, TWD is supposed to be Carl’s story, which is how the comics are playing out. 

But the show ruined that from jump Street by making Carl an annoying whiny kid hat wouldn’t listen and then turning him into an annoying little **** as he got older. This was only made worse by the fact that Chandler Riggs kinda sucked too. Not screen presence, no charisma, no emotion, just nothing. 

I rejoiced whenever Carl’s bite was revealed last season. I’ve wanted him dead for years. I think the show took something they completely ****ed up from the beginning , Carl and his sntire series arc, and basically said “screw it, we can’t salvage it at this point so let’s do something else.”

The problem, as always, is that they way they chose to salvage it was completely stupid and poorly written. 

Lol For the first few seasons it seemed Rick had no problem  finding every white t shirt left in the city. Lol now he is never not grimy. He jumps from rational,caring  philosopher  to raging psycho every 5 minutes.  

When he bit that guys neck a few seasons ago, that was definitely  a dumb tv moment....

9 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Lol For the first few seasons it seemed Rick had no problem  finding every white t shirt left in the city. Lol now he is never not grimy. He jumps from rational,caring  philosopher  to raging psycho every 5 minutes.  

When he bit that guys neck a few seasons ago, that was definitely  a dumb tv moment....

Pretty sure that came straight from the comics for what it's worth. 

19 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Pretty sure that came straight from the comics for what it's worth. 

Lol  It's a dumb tv moment on its own.  Where it came from is irrelevant. 

The only reason I'd watch lately was for moments with the cute Hispanic  chick.

Like only watching Falling skies for the chick in the tight black pants or the Asian actress

Rick sucks.  I haven’t really thought his character was anything more than an over emotional pacifist for many, many seasons.  That alone makes the show a huge drain.  He will burst out and then turn back into the quack who comes up with ****ty plans and always stews about how his issues.

Michonne’s character is just meh.

Morgan was cool when he became a badass for about 2 1/2 episodes.  Now he’s just gonna be some softie becaue he saw a kid kill someone who he was going to spare.

Carol is cool as long as she isn’t a recluse.

Daryl is just all over the place.

Simply terrible, terrible writing.  Unfortunately, it makes me distance myself from any programming on AMC.  They used to have all sorts of great shows. Now, I’d just rather catch something on Netflix.

Wish they write in something where Shane comes back from the dead as a hybrid Walker or some ****. The show needs him badly.

@Springfield I liked Michonne until she stopped being the brooding, tortured loner. Daryl's character transcormation has definitely cratered though. I feel like he hasn't said or done anything worthwhile since the Claimers.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, once Michonne really became a part of the group it really went downhill.  Maybe it was when her and Carl were hanging out on the roof eating Nutella?

That was a strange episode. Yeah you can probably trace it back to that ?, though someone already brought up the fully operational tank. Up until this season that was the one and only moment I could say I 100% had a problem with. That, and we lost Herschel, and Guvnah. Two great characters.

Since Jadis has been shunned by The Saviors & now Rick's group, but managed to survive the butchering of her people, I wonder if there are plans for her to end up in a new community of baddies from the comic.  I don't want to spoil what came next after Negan in the comics, but when we were first introduced to the trash heap people in the TV show I thought it was the other group from the comics.

50 minutes ago, Yohan said:

At least she started talking normal at the end and the zombie grinder was kind of cool.

Oh man, to what levels has this show sunk to when fans rejoice that the strange talking lady from the garbage dump suddenly starts speaking plain English again after all of her garbage dump friends get murdered and Rick goes looking for a fight... or whatever.

Hahahhaa!

Archived