Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

13 minutes ago, PiLfan said:

I think the strangest, most random part of "Scarface" is when the Terminator just all of a sudden shows up at the end and shoots Tony Montana in the back. Like, WTF?

Why? Terminator is a time traveling robot assassin with a badass spanish catchphrase. Of course a Bolivian drug kingpin like Alejandro Sosa has his number.

c5f2d05ab9452326d06f077a61a0e997075e56c7

Jesus, that poster was and is still oh so badass.

Ahnold was the mf'in man. Makes me remember all the old mom and pop video stores with the Coming Soon, etc posters. That was such a big part of movie viewing.

I wish one day, someone will capitalize big time on these streaming services and have a big store full of digital dl stuff, with kiosks instead of cashiers (With the biggest selection of movies known to date) and with that old school feel to it.

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Those things can do real damage

I'm having too much fun researching attempted and convicted murder via paper planes, I have issues.

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

People have told me lots of things, but I stopped listening.  I'll wait until I can read it online so I know it isn't a lie.

You ever worry sometimes people will now use the new excuse for not going to libraries for that reason without being sarcastic about it like you are right now?  It used to be "i don't like reading", not "I dont trust libraries as a source anymore."  Might as well be Fahrenheit 451at that point.

I hate radio stations....this radio station i listen to every day, the lady who is on air in the afternoons does this thing called “guess who” where she gives a clue for a person she’s thinking of (this case it was Jeff Bezos) and the caller that guesses right wins 2 tickets to the redskins game. I called the radio station number and re-dialed probably 50 times in 10 minutes. Didn’t even get through and somebody else gave the answer.....**** that ****

5 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

ive been a single parent for the past couple months. Im learning some tips like having her pick out her clothes the night before. Im good in the morning, if we are late, were late. Id rather make sure she has everything ready for the day (but I do rush her). She is in first grade.

My monster comes out at night, her bedtime is 8:30 and thats when I feel like I lose my patience and feel like a monster. Like right at 8:30, I want to be finally relaxing bc i have no relax time during a work day besides sitting in car in traffic. So at 8:17 I am deftly aware that its T minus 13 minutes and counting and if my kid tries to be silly or does her normal tricks to stretch things out .. I lose my patience. Its not what she is doing, shes being a kid, playing her role. Its me that seems so overly eager to get to that relax time that I act unreasonable. Its tough on her bc Im the silly fun dad and its hard to set lines of when its silly time and when its "lets get serious" time.

I try letting her know before hand that its time to pay attention and if she doesnt listen the first few times I make sure to tell her I am losing my patience. Because before the transition from silly time to get ready for bed time was very abrupt and thats not fair to her. We would literally go from daddy time in the basement running around doing karate or something right to brush teeth, potty etc ..

I have huge respect for any single parent with more than 1 kid. 

My daughter is 10 years old (not sure how old yours is) but did that stuff all the time, still does or tries to.  When its just me and her when my wife is out of town for work or something, she knows I don't take any BS and she is damn near perfect.  Does everything I tell her to, when I tell her to.  I have found that the earlier we can get her to (or make) take her shower, works out best.

When it's just us, I make her take her shower at like 6:30pm or 7:00, then she can stay up until 9:30 or 10:00.  Problem during regular weeks, my wife is usually working downstairs or upstairs in my man cave while I'm watching a ball game, etc. and my daughter likes to hang out downstairs with the puppies and watch TV and play her Switch.  That usually results in both of us losing track of time and having those oh **** it's already 10:15 and she hasn't showered yet moments.

There are also those times where she will come up into the man cave and hang out and I didn't know my wife told her to take a shower, etc. and we just chill and watch TV or play video games.  Then 45 mins later my wife is yelling up to us and agitated cause she didn't do what she said.  

4 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

You ever have those things you just really dont want to go to, but you committed too and you spend days trying to figure a way out... Uggh... It's cold and rainy and 7:00 on Tuesday night, why oh why did I say yes....

Family activities with the ones you absolutely detest, but you. don't wanna be the one person that wrecks evrrything.

So you eventually come to the realization that you have to just gut it out and tolerate their ****tiness.

Tryin to decide which website to book hotel through, and there's a ridiculous amount of them.

Is there really a difference between any of the booking tools, whether it be how good the deal is, safety or security of the transaction, customer service (such as being able to cancel with no fee), ethical as opposed shady or tricky practices, user-friendly, providing helpful and key information about hotel, etc ?

These are just a partial list of the major sites that basically do the same thing : trivago.com. hotels.com. booking.com. hotels.com. ebooking.com. hotelrooms.com. getaroom.com. priceline.com. kayak.com. orbitz.com. expedia.com. hotwire.com.

Young, was just in Walmart off route 1 south of 495 and they playn Three 6 Mafia over the intercom.  I was like "Nah",, asked a cat who i thought might confirm i wasnt crazy but i think instead assumed i was crazy too.  See him in line, and he's like " yea, that was them." Strange times indeed.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Family activities with the ones you absolutely detest, but you. don't wanna be the one person that wrecks evrrything.

So you eventually come to the realization that you have to just gut it out and tolerate their ****tiness.

Yup. Gearing up for the holidays with my awful-conversationalist, opposite-politics in laws. 

Archived