Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wreaked HAVOC online. Had like a 44-10 ranked record, til this dude whooped my ass and made me ponder the meaning of life

It was one of the few game franchises I really enjoyed playing online. I think the 08 or 09 version was the year I was finally able to crack the top 10 online. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Actually I think it was '10. Whichever one that featured the Utah cat that beat up on Saban' s Bama team  (before the Darkness arrived).

You got it backwards. Nick Saban saved college football from the likes of Tim Tebow n Urban Meyer. He's the light in a a otherwise dark world. 

4 minutes ago, clietas said:

You got it backwards. Nick Saban saved college football from the likes of Tim Tebow n Urban Meyer. He's the light in a a otherwise dark world. 

It's like the heroic army from a land far away that conquers the evil empire, only to become said empire. :(

it also doesn't help that I foolishly (in those days) thought Miami would reassert itself in the state of Florida:kickcan:

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

it also doesn't help that I foolishly (in those days) thought Miami would reassert itself in the state of Florida:kickcan:

Ugh, jus checked Miami record, sorry bro

In ethics class and teacher and classmate bragging about tech they have on their kids cell phones that monitors everything and doesnt tell them.  They can see all they text messages, video chats, basically spyware that is "okay" because they are trying to protect them.

I believe that's too far to not tell them, there's a line in regards to your kids privacy (they should be limited in many cases) but there's also a lot that goes in getting your kids to trust you.  Its right up there with not wanting to say anything because you get angry or not listen anyway.  Whatever you think you know you watching that cell phone, you dont know because they wont tell you.

Add to that, were in a generation now where kids are going to grow up with cell phones.  How do you tell them when they are adults that you saw every text message they ever sent growing up and never told them?  How do you handle seeing something that only spying on their text messages you would know?

It's a line, but seeing how the world is now (and it is undoubtedly a different one then even I grew up in) I understand the fear that parents have.

Couldn't do that though. Trusting a child to enough privacy and letting them mess their way up through the natural behavioral curve vs trap them Truman Show style, til one day they do something not all that crazy for a teen, then you snap, reveal what you've done, and lose them forever.

19 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

whats a good amount to give at a baby shower?

Is it for your child? Are you going? 

Most folks register...find your comfortable amount there. 

If it is not family...more than $100 is too much. Unless you are situated enough to not worry.  You wouldn't have asked though, if that was the case. 

One exception would be for one of your best friends. 

I've never been to a baby shower. Seems like something for ladies. I happily buy my closest folks something that costs more.. but not without warrant and for being the cool uncle. Waste of money and time. 

16 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Is it for your child? Are you going? 

Most folks register...find your comfortable amount there. 

If it is not family...more than $100 is too much. Unless you are situated enough to not worry.  You wouldn't have asked though, if that was the case. 

One exception would be for one of your best friends. 

I've never been to a baby shower. Seems like something for ladies. I happily buy my closest folks something that costs more.. but not without warrant and for being the cool uncle. Waste of money and time. 

He's a really good friend.  They are doing a co-ed baby shower and also doing it at Mission BBQ.  100 was my initial amount i was thinking.  

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ugh, jus checked Miami record, sorry bro

Just saw this part. Bruh... There are no words. Fortunately I've had so much going on that I haven't had time to dwell on it. My mom/cousins will probably wanna talk about it when I'm down there next week though.

Had such high hopes for Richt, but this has been a clusterduck from the first snap of the season. Losing recruits left and right now too. Program is approaching Redskin levels of disappointment.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mary's cat pic had me thinking, if I got a cat of my own, I'd probably train it to be guardian of the vermin/insect underworld.

Rodent Anubis, shepherding every last gump ass Stuart little off to the afterlife

If you've seen my all-black Sabrina...she's the "noble bug hunter" .  Cats are usually either "birders" (they like to jump up to get prey) or "mousers" (they would rather chase it down on the ground). Sabrina is a straight on birder, RG is too chubby to be anything but a mouser, and Vicki is both but chooses to just lay around looking pretty. ?

You know who invented the submission hold known as the mandible claw (the one that Mankind Mick Foley made famous)?

Dr Sam Sheppard.

Yeah..that one. The one that the Fugitive is loosely based on. He had a brief wrestling career in his 40s after he was let out of jail and came up with the hold based on his medical knowledge.

Now you know. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mary's cat pic had me thinking, if I got a cat of my own, I'd probably train it to be guardian of the vermin/insect underworld.

Rodent Anubis, shepherding every last gump ass Stuart little off to the afterlife

That and I want to train my eventual black cat how to use the toilet.  Make life easier for both of us.  Encouraging their appetite for murder will be a pleasure, I may get a little misty eyed on first kill, like kids first walk or graduation.

Archived