Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I guess ill put this here ....

walking out of my Pho place is a liquour store next it. See an old Veteran in a wheel chair sitting outside it. I make eye contact and nod my head. he says something, I walk over and we talk. He said I was the only one who even looked at him. He liked my tie, so i stood and listened. He lost 2 fingers from explosion and was shot in Vietnam. He said his son came home to him in a box bc "his dad was a marine so he was going to be a marine". He had pissed himself. Had a big bottle of liqour and said he just wants to die and is trying to drink himself to death.

I dont believe in god but I told him god isnt done with him yet. I tried to think of meaningful words but what do you say to an old vet, pissed his pants, wants to die and is crying. He worked security for a mormon church and had some pretty strong and negative opinions of mormons and islam. Sometimes he shouted and people would look over and hurry along. A couple of spanish speaking construction guys showed him smiles and love and they traded spanish insults for a bit in good humor.

I offered to push him to where he needed to go. Most times someone would say no thank you as they want to be self sustaining but he was very happy to accept. So we got to walking and talking. Very Forest Gump-Captain Dan esque as he would point and curse at any car thinking of turning as we were in various cross walks. he would then give them the thumbs up if they stopped. No car ever came close. 

Ironically, he was living at a charter house about 2 blocks from my office and he wanted me to take him to the 7-11 across the street so he could get food. he offered a homeless guy to buy him food. Homeless guy obliged. he made me call his cell phone and leave a message ... or he said this never happened. I left him telling him to be nice to others (he was giving the clerk a somewhat hard time).

I hope this isnt the state of other vets. In and out of homelessness. Wanting to die. No scheduled food, eating crap 7-11 .... I think he just really really wants to see his son. I think his son wanting be to a marine bc he was a marine weighs very heavily on his heart. I also think he is not sure if there is or isnt a heaven but he wants to die to find out so he can see his son.

9 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Me and my kid like to knife fight with them. You guys use them to eat food? Thats weird, use a fork.

I bring a knife to a knife fight, not chopsticks.

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

You forget that you live in a country where Britney spears has a net worth of over $200M for her singing ability.

Fix'd

Just now, Renegade7 said:

@PokerPacker he was at the convention, yes, but his views are little extreme for me.  I would not throw them at you, that's dumb.

Oh, okay, so we can have a civilized civilware fight?

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You really can put pretty much anything on the Internet now.

I'm pretty sure you can only put something on the internet if it's true.

21 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Oh, okay, so we can have a civilized civilware fight?

Maybe, more like trying to throw a chop stick at you I might as well try to kill you with a paper plane.

21 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm pretty sure you can only put something on the internet if it's true.

Oh, man, they didnt tell you?  You might want to sit down for this.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe, more like trying to throw a chop stick at you I might as well try to kill you with a paper plane.

Those things can do real damage

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, man, they didnt tell you?  You might want to sit down for this.

People have told me lots of things, but I stopped listening.  I'll wait until I can read it online so I know it isn't a lie.

Archived