Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, I like to get up way early to ES & spend time with my kitties... and so I don't have to hurry to get ready for work. 

Samesies :wub:

I spend like 15-20 mins with the pups every morning, just throwing the ball and letting them run wild around the basement while I watch the morning news.  I swear interaction with animals first thing in the morning should be a common practice worldwide.  People would be a lot happier. 

21 minutes ago, Chew said:

Samesies :wub:

I spend like 15-20 mins with the pups every morning, just throwing the ball and letting them run wild around the basement while I watch the morning news.  I swear interaction with animals first thing in the morning should be a common practice worldwide.  People would be a lot happier. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I get the urge to take my car in the morning and rev the engine to scare all the deer off the lawn.... Done it so much now though that they just look at me like "This mf'er ain't gonna do ****" and just turn their heads and keep walking, eating the grass like a party of 20 at Golden Corral. :(

I spend the first 30 minutes of my day running around like a mad man and barking orders at my kid to get ready. Of course I could get up 10 mins earlier but I love my snooze button. My snooze button theory is that it is the great economic equalizer. No person, rich or poor, cant enjoy the sweet harmony and blissfulness of 8 mins of staying in bed with your eyes closed. Its for everyone. 

Wake up to instant panic, stress and rushing ... the ****ing American way. (after the sweet blissful 8 minutes of heaven on earth of course ... I admit im a double dipper, I hit that thing twice, my kid is late more times than she is on time ... YOLO!)

10 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I spend the first 30 minutes of my day running around like a mad man and barking orders at my kid to get ready. Of course I could get up 10 mins earlier but I love my snooze button. My snooze button theory is that it is the great economic equalizer. No person, rich or poor, cant enjoy the sweet harmony and blissfulness of 8 mins of staying in bed with your eyes closed. Its for everyone. 

Wake up to instant panic, stress and rushing ... the ****ing American way. (after the sweet blissful 8 minutes of heaven on earth of course ... I admit im a double dipper, I hit that thing twice, my kid is late more times than she is on time ... YOLO!)

Yeah, we were living that life early this fall. I'm the same, need a couple of snoozes. It was bad that I pushed my first alarm to 5:30 am, so at least if I snooze still up at six. Second kid started going to school and it was a much more hectic morning getting everyone out the door.

We started doing more prep the night before. Each kid has a checklist we go over before we get in the car. We try to get as much prepped the night before (lunches, clothes, etc). It's a matter of survival. I didn't like yelling at my kids to start the day—made me feel like a monster.

8 minutes ago, Chew said:

Man, I remember the teenage days.  I'd legit sleep from 3:00 AM until 4:00 PM, just in time to go to work at 5 @ Giant. How the **** do kids sleep so long

Same here. I could go a day without sleep and still get up the sane time (5:00 sharp) every morning, save for weekends, where I just go back to sleep.

I feel like a vampire if I sleep longer than 8 these days, making sure I'm still in the same century and ****.

But yeah, work release, UPS/Food Lion, sleep like a whole half of a day. Don't make no sense. My cousin is like that now. 

Power nap is also a new deal for me. Well timed 30 minures of z's takes care of some real **** 

6 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

We started doing more prep the night before. Each kid has a checklist we go over before we get in the car. We try to get as much prepped the night before (lunches, clothes, etc). It's a matter of survival. I didn't like yelling at my kids to start the day—made me feel like a monster.

ive been a single parent for the past couple months. Im learning some tips like having her pick out her clothes the night before. Im good in the morning, if we are late, were late. Id rather make sure she has everything ready for the day (but I do rush her). She is in first grade.

My monster comes out at night, her bedtime is 8:30 and thats when I feel like I lose my patience and feel like a monster. Like right at 8:30, I want to be finally relaxing bc i have no relax time during a work day besides sitting in car in traffic. So at 8:17 I am deftly aware that its T minus 13 minutes and counting and if my kid tries to be silly or does her normal tricks to stretch things out .. I lose my patience. Its not what she is doing, shes being a kid, playing her role. Its me that seems so overly eager to get to that relax time that I act unreasonable. Its tough on her bc Im the silly fun dad and its hard to set lines of when its silly time and when its "lets get serious" time.

I try letting her know before hand that its time to pay attention and if she doesnt listen the first few times I make sure to tell her I am losing my patience. Because before the transition from silly time to get ready for bed time was very abrupt and thats not fair to her. We would literally go from daddy time in the basement running around doing karate or something right to brush teeth, potty etc ..

I have huge respect for any single parent with more than 1 kid. 

15 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

ive been a single parent for the past couple months. Im learning some tips like having her pick out her clothes the night before. Im good in the morning, if we are late, were late. Id rather make sure she has everything ready for the day (but I do rush her). She is in first grade.

My monster comes out at night, her bedtime is 8:30 and thats when I feel like I lose my patience and feel like a monster. Like right at 8:30, I want to be finally relaxing bc i have no relax time during a work day besides sitting in car in traffic. So at 8:17 I am deftly aware that its T minus 13 minutes and counting and if my kid tries to be silly or does her normal tricks to stretch things out .. I lose my patience. Its not what she is doing, shes being a kid, playing her role. Its me that seems so overly eager to get to that relax time that I act unreasonable. Its tough on her bc Im the silly fun dad and its hard to set lines of when its silly time and when its "lets get serious" time.

I try letting her know before hand that its time to pay attention and if she doesnt listen the first few times I make sure to tell her I am losing my patience. Because before the transition from silly time to get ready for bed time was very abrupt and thats not fair to her. We would literally go from daddy time in the basement running around doing karate or something right to brush teeth, potty etc ..

I have huge respect for any single parent with more than 1 kid. 

Damn brother. Props.

Me and my kids are the same way at night too. They get silly and I get impatient. Bad combo. Yeah, after a long day at work—I come home make dinner, clean up, get them bathed, homework, teeth brushed, pajamas. It seems never ending most days. My older one is usually exhausted by bed time.

I was sick this past week and that's the worst. They don't care that you're sick, they still need the same amount of care.

My wife has the best intentions with not giving them fast food or ready to eat meals—but man, some days, I gotta get just one thing off my plate instead of having to make dinner from scratch.

12 minutes ago, PiLfan said:

I think the strangest, most random part of "Scarface" is when the Terminator just all of a sudden shows up at the end and shoots Tony Montana in the back. Like, WTF?

l8USTV.gif

I always thought that because he never said anything, that character was supposed to represent the "Repercussion" to Montana's "Greed"

Archived