Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

One more win and 'skins will be bowl eligible!

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It is, but like the challenge and feel it helps keep me sharp.  Like wearing analog watches with no numbers.

No Alzheimers for this guy!

10 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Haha. That's what I get for talking to type. 

That's not how it works. 

Speaking of drawers, I was cleaning out a junk drawer in our house last night and I found the watch my sister and brother in law gave me for my college graduation. I'm not a watch guy so I didn't realize until you all were talking about watches so I looked it up. Retail, is apparently a couple of hundred bucks!

I've tried the smart watches. I was one of the first people to get a fitbit—realized it was pointless just to count steps. Got another one several generations later, but I needed one with a stop watch feature—so now I don't use it anymore. Also got turned off by the fact that I have to constantly charge it. So I end up wearing these $20 digital watches.

Debating whether to get an apple watch.

Scientists Get the Green Light to Resurrect the Dead With Stem Cells

a biotech company based in the United States, has been given the go-ahead to begin research on 20 brain-dead patients, in an attempt to stimulate and regrow neurons and, literally, bring the patients back from the dead.

The technique is new and untested so the study will likely be controversial.

By implanting stem cells in the patient’s brain, in addition to treating the spinal cord with infusions of chemicals and nerve stimulation techniques (both of which have been shown to bring people out of comas), they hope to reboot the brain and jump-start neural activity.

Archived