Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rip Donald Sutherland

Damn this death ****. One of my all time favorites since the OG M.A.S.H. movie and Kelly's Heroes to Invasion of the Body Snatchers and that awesome meme I've used here over the years, and was still killing it in Hunger Games franchise. So many great roles.

RIP and thank you, Donald. 😞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

He was in Klute too, one of my favorites. I loved how he laughed tied to the stake in Hunger Games...

Spoiler

...After Katniss shot her arrow into the self-appointed President Alma Coin!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thumb up 2

I remember seeing a pic of Donald Sutherland from the movie "M.A.S.H" after having watched the tv series, and automatically assumed he played Hawkeye in the movie. He just looked the part in my young eyes. I was pissed when I found out he played Trapper John in the movie lol...wasn't a fan of the Trapper John character in the tv series but thought Hawkeye was cool as hell, and Sutherland always looked cool as hell in the pics I saw of him from the movie at the time. Bucket hat, weirdly shaped glasses, calm smile...he needed to be Hawkeye, dammit.

https://media-proxy.groovyhistory.com/width/800?url=https://media.groovyhistory.com/images/b11121b9b89b1e8950f12bce06254ed8.jpg

Of course he ended up being great in the movie, and was a huge fan from that moment on. But the image above is the immediate image that always comes to mind when I think of Donald Sutherland.

RIP, my man...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I remember seeing a pic of Donald Sutherland from the movie "M.A.S.H" after having watched the tv series, and automatically assumed he played Hawkeye in the movie. He just looked the part in my young eyes. I was pissed when I found out he played Trapper John in the movie lol...wasn't a fan of the Trapper John character in the tv series but thought Hawkeye was cool as hell, and Sutherland always looked cool as hell in the pics I saw of him from the movie at the time. Bucket hat, weirdly shaped glasses, calm smile...he needed to be Hawkeye, dammit.

https://media-proxy.groovyhistory.com/width/800?url=https://media.groovyhistory.com/images/b11121b9b89b1e8950f12bce06254ed8.jpg

Of course he ended up being great in the movie, and was a huge fan from that moment on. But the image above is the immediate image that always comes to mind when I think of Donald Sutherland.

RIP, my man...

EDIT: I got it backwards lol...he DID play Hawkeye, but the movie had Trapper John behave FAR more like Hawkeye from the tv series, and Hawkeye was almost Trapper's side kick in the movie (the tv show had it the other way around). That's what pissed me off lol...jeebus.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

No one played a guy that commanded respect, but was also entirely insufferable, quite like he could. 

Stop talking about Jumbo like that...

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 6

RIP to Mr Sutherland and condolences to his family.

My favorite role of his was Oddball in "Kelly's Heroes":

He was great in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" as well.

pVScRP.gif

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just read about his passing, and I'm sad about it.

As spaceman said, he was too underrated for all his work and how he was able to portray so many kind of characters. Guy could just play it all.

Just one scene in JFK and he's absolutely killing it. Watching Kelly's heroes and you think the guy is definately crazy.

He was just perfect in every role he played.

Simply amazing.

RIP Donald.

• Like 1