Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It looks like he tried to slide as he was being tackled. Over coached to slide may have hurt him, if true on this run.

I would sleep better at night if he ran out of bounds nearly all the time.  Unless he can boat race whoever is chasing him I don’t want him taking unnecessary abuse.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

35 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Its probably not bruised ribs, or at least not just bruised ribs.

Can't be 100% sure b/c Quinn did not put a name on it outside of "rib injury" but he did say it was the result of being torqued an odd way on that long run rather than an impact causing the issue. That would indicate something more along a strain rather than a blunt force contusion,

Quinn also pushed back on the idea of Jayden requiring more padding on his midsection to play, as the injury did not necessitate it.

I guess that means they don't feel that there is an enhanced vulnerability that needs extra protection either.

I'm thinking rib cartilage sprain - but not a bad one if its week to week. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Even if the rib doesn't get worse, when you play hurt you compensate other parts of the body and make them more vulnerable.

He's gonna be favoring that rib. Which means he'll put extra stress on his shoulder or hip or etc. etc. etc. And that's how the domino affect starts.

Sit him.

How do you favor a rib? Sorry, it's just such a weird imagine to imagine in my mind, I visualize Monty Python Funny Walkers champs on the gridiron. Such an interesting thing to imagine, favoring like the third rib from the left or whatever lol. 

17 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

How do you favor a rib? Sorry, it's just such a weird imagine to imagine in my mind, I visualize Monty Python Funny Walkers champs on the gridiron. Such an interesting thing to imagine, favoring like the third rib from the left or whatever lol. 

I always favor my ribs. I start with the one that has the most barbecue sauce on it 🤪😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I didn't see the presser, are we speculating that it is bruised ribs? I saw a poster on another board saying he/she can confirm it was a torn cartlidge which sounds more serious.  

I saw DQ's presser. He mentioned the injury was more twisting and torque related, and not blunt force, which says to me it's soft tissue/cartilage. Plenty of reports already came out saying x-rays were negative as well.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I saw DQ's presser. He mentioned the injury was more twisting and torque related, and not blunt force, which says to me it's soft tissue/cartilage. Plenty of reports already came out saying x-rays were negative as well.

We could literally see that on the field yesterday.

Can lift arms to signal TD. Can't turn his waist to throw. I think he'll miss a few weeks.  Mariota playing well sealed the deal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It looks like he tried to slide as he was being tackled. Over coached to slide may have hurt him, if true on this run.

He was just trying to give himself up...too late

but when youre in front of everyone you dont slide because someone is faster than you from behind

Edited by dunfer
  • Thumb up 1

Sometimes intercostal muscles can get strained and they are painful to deal with. They can heal super fast though, sometimes seemingly overnight. He will be playing if thats the case because a shot will fix it. As long as they don't do what happened to Tyrod Taylor a few years ago and pop the lung with the needle. Jeez that was an oops!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I just hope that they don’t start playing scared. His legs are such a weapon and could be the difference in us winning the division and getting a home playoff game. Injuries happen, but I saw nothing wrong with him cutting up field, he thought he was going to score and it wasn’t like it was a big unsafe hit. As long as he continues to protect himself, we should continue to let him run. As long as he isn’t taking big hits, he will stay relatively healthy. If we have to chose between him being able to use his legs consistently and constantly while maybe him missing a game or 2 a year or him not using his legs as a weapon and playing in all 17 games a year, I’m perfectly fine with him playing 15-16 games a year while still using his legs as a lethal weapon. His running ability will keep us in or win us games that we have no business winning. As long as he slides and doesn’t take to many chances, he should remain healthy and all we will have to worry about is him getting dinged up a little like he is now.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I just hope that they don’t start playing scared. His legs are such a weapon and could be the difference in us winning the division and getting a home playoff game. Injuries happen, but I saw nothing wrong with him cutting up field, he thought he was going to score and it wasn’t like it was a big unsafe hit. As long as he continues to protect himself, we should continue to let him run. As long as he isn’t taking big hits, he will stay relatively healthy. If we have to chose between him being able to use his legs consistently and constantly while maybe him missing a game or 2 a year or him not using his legs as a weapon and playing in all 17 games a year, I’m perfectly fine with him playing 15-16 games a year while still using his legs as a lethal weapon. His running ability will keep us in or win us games that we have no business winning. As long as he slides and doesn’t take to many chances, he should remain healthy and all we will have to worry about is him getting dinged up a little like he is now.

Agreed. This is my biggest concern, but he still feels like the kind of guy who won’t let preconceived norms stop him from being his authentic self and dominating. Lamar Jackson cracked the door open for it being okay to be a running QB, understanding the risks. You hear way more media people being open to the QB running now than even five years ago.

His running is the reason no team in the NFC is gonna want to see Washington in the playoffs. Hes a threat get to SB in his first at bat in the playoffs due largely to his legs being the trump card to any other QB in the NFC. 

Soul snatcher.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Sometimes intercostal muscles can get strained and they are painful to deal with. They can heal super fast though, sometimes seemingly overnight. He will be playing if thats the case because a shot will fix it. As long as they don't do what happened to Tyrod Taylor a few years ago and pop the lung with the needle. Jeez that was an oops!

I had an intercostal muscle strain earlier this year from golfing. It is definitely painful for a couple weeks but I had no treatment or anything. I imagine modern medicine could make it almost painless for him (if that is the injury of course). 

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

in the game day thread people were cursing Kliff for running Mariota, so I dont think its going to be a problem.

Kliff is going to run out of qbs before he gets scared probably

artworks-000285996884-qmeuqu-t500x500.jp

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xameil said:

This is an NFC game. If he can play, he plays.

It's week 8 though...  I can see him pushing to play to go against Caleb.  There is a reason AP went after a vet that was a good fit for Kliffs backup QB role.

This is why he is here. Mentorship schmentorsheep. He is here in case of injury, and showed well. Its remarkable how much better a QB can look when used to their strengths in the right system. 

Week to week points to not playing IMO. Heck we had BRob under wraps refusing to tell us he is injured. Gamesmanship is in play perhaps but I am prepared for MM in what is a tough matchup for opposing QBs.