Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

3 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Fixed it for you.

I’m not playing this game with you.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

33 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Welcome to DC young man!!    Ya'll gonna remember this draft as the one we finally transformed this organization ON the field.   What an amazing time to be a Washington fan!!!!

Dude WTF is your problem?  

He wants needs attention, even if it’s only negative attention and disdain.

Sad really.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Welcome to DC young man!!    Ya'll gonna remember this draft as the one we finally transformed this organization ON the field.   What an amazing time to be a Washington fan!!!!

Dude WTF is your problem?  

I love this site. I'm here daily. And yesterday was an all day event here at ES. That dude was the biggest buzz kill yesterday. I swear. So annoying. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I love this site. I'm here daily. And yesterday was an all day event here at ES. That dude was the biggest buzz kill yesterday. I swear. So annoying. 

Yeah he's a clown,  not even worth the reply.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Fixed it for you.

Being pessimistic and critical about various moves and decisions that have been made is absolutely fine. It's been a justifiable ES staple during the Snyder era. 😐

But if you're going to comment repeatedly in our current discussions, maybe try bringing more to the table than one or two sentence posts that are simplistic summaries of your "feels" or jabs at other posters' views. Add some meat to dem bones.

As Captain Picard would say, "Engage." 😛 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

Being pessimistic and critical about various moves and decisions that have been made is absolutely fine. It's been a justifiable ES staple during the Snyder era. 😐

But if you're going to comment repeatedly in our current discussions, maybe try bringing more to the table than one or two sentence posts that are simplistic summaries of your "feels" or jabs at other posters' views. Add some meat to dem bones.

As Captain Picard would say, "Engage." 😛 🙂

I tried last night. I dont have anything left with which to argue. I dont see it being worth my much more valuable time. Think I will just leave the board now. I come here to vent, but looks like I will just have to take that somewhere else. Used to like this place......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

What gets me is that there seems to be a foregone conclusion that he's just another "running QB". I'm not sure I want to delve into why that foregone conclusion has been reached though cause I'm fairly sure I know the answer. 

1) he literally is a running QB, everyone including Jayden himself has talked about his running as a weapon

2) nobody has said he’s *only* a running QB, people have questioned his size/durability/ability to protect himself and people have critiqued his passing as they have every prospect, but nobody has said Jayden is a running back who can’t throw

3) we all know what you’re referring to and nobody has trafficked in those dog whistles. It’s like you’re fabricating those things specifically to make this call-out. I will leave it at that.

More than anything, I’m glad he’s here because he was clearly Peters’ and Quinn’s choice and that’s what we want — investment and buy-in from the key stakeholders involved.

Now let’s put this young man in a position to succeed and hope he reaches his electrifying potential!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I tried last night. I dont have anything left with which to argue. I dont see it being worth my much more valuable time. Think I will just leave the board now. I come here to vent, but looks like I will just have to take that somewhere else. Used to like this place......

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

His comments remind me of the negativity from some of the idiots on the Facebook pages......I don't recommend engaging those folks there either because you'll never convince them otherwise.  I literally had a dude chew me out and called me a fool for supporting the pick. He said we should have picked a O-lineman instead.......I just don't have the energy for **** like that anymore 

Edited by DazedSkinsfan

56 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I have. Not worth screaming into the crowd of blind optimism anymore.

And yet here you are. 

It’s fine to have doubts about the pick. OK to be negative about it. If all you do is one line drive by posts that just poke at people happy with the pick you drift into trolling. Which is not permitted. 

EDIT. I see Jumbo already gave you the same  warning. There is probably a baseball analogy that could be used here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost of said:

Why not volunteer more information? I'm getting a sense you want to get at something, and the fact that Llevron seemed to want to touch on it. I know Hooper talked about it directly.

Just come out with it, we should discuss it, at least obliquely.

Ok I’ll say it!

“Some of you are have a problem with skinny people”

Just because we can control our weight and some of you want to sit at home and drink beer and each cheesy foods till your diabetic coma kicks in is your problem.

Get off the kids back before Lil Tommy Hearns shows up!!!!

image.gif.896aa1768b11aef83637937d71152927.gif

Now if you thought this was about some not liking his skin tone, you’d be wrong!

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Haha 4

Dude definitely has a quick release and nice touch - the back shoulder fades in the end zone were top notch.  Someone should show him film of Russell Wilson making quick decisions to slide, which is why running almost the same offense he lasted much longer than he who shall not be named.

Kurt Warner said JD had the best film in this class.

Maye didn't have the supporting cast or the experience - he is the ultimate boom or bust, which is why he has both detractors and avid supporters aplenty.  He might be the next Josh Allen, but the next Mitch Trubisky is just as likely.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Ventings fine too. But so is appropriate blowback from others.

Tbh, to me, your posts are coming off as simplistic and just seeking shared misery or alternatively to jab at those who are reasonably optimistic or positive.

From what you're saying, taking a break from here might work for you. You can always return if you choose to. 🙂

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

“I come here to vent…”

Maybe thats the problem.

I come here to contribute.

I come here to be part of a larger community, to discuss, to argue (respectfully), to listen, to learn, even to fool around and make silly mostly unfunny jokes, but most of all, I’d like to think that every now and again, despite myself, I add value to this place.

EDIT:

Just read Jumbo’s post…

Venting’s ok too, but maybe there are  ways to do it that don’t come off as if you’re antagonizing and baiting other members even if that’s not your actual intent. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I’ll try to be an example of not caring for the pick, would have preferred Maye but, not be an obtuse asshat about it now that we have Daniels.

Welcome to the Skins.  I hope I’m wrong and you lead the team to multiple Super Bowls.  I don’t care who or how they get there, just get there.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

I’ll try to be an example of not caring for the pick, would have preferred Maye but, not be an obtuse asshat about it now that we have Daniels.

Welcome to the Skins.  I hope I’m wrong and you lead the team to multiple Super Bowls.  I don’t care who gets us there, just get there.

Same, I loved Maye's potential, glad he's in NE and not NY. I'll watch his career with a ton of interest to see if he fulfills that potential now without hating him. JD worked his butt off, won a heisman and is coming off an electric year. Pumped he's our QB 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

“I come here to vent…”

Maybe thats the problem.

I come here to contribute.

I come here to be part of a larger community, to discuss, to argue (respectfully), to listen, to learn, even to fool around and make silly mostly unfunny jokes, but most of all, I’d like to think that every now and again, despite myself, I add value to this place.

Oh stop it!!!! I think your jokes are hilarious 😂 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Oh stop it!!!! I think your jokes are hilarious 😂 

False humility is one of the 13 keys to success.

XXXXXXXXXXX

11 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

giphy.gif

You are one cruel ****, but that was the perfect gif response.

Just perfect, right down to the overacting performance of the actress. lol

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

1) he literally is a running QB, everyone including Jayden himself has talked about his running as a weapon

2) nobody has said he’s *only* a running QB, people have questioned his size/durability/ability to protect himself and people have critiqued his passing as they have every prospect, but nobody has said Jayden is a running back who can’t throw

I will say this. I like Nick Saban.  He is not the most complementary guy, can be fairly critical, so when he assesses particular players, I listen. He definitely mentioned the durability concerns, pointing out that conditioning and putting weight on and relying more on his passing game, would really help him grow.  He also said he is a good passer and demonstrates an ability to move up in the pocket to buy time, which many young QB's don't do. They tend to move side to side.

He says he sees the field pretty well but will have to release the ball quicker in the NFL.

When I bought up his passing ability and accuracy here on this board one day, I was told he had great receivers.  Yeah, okay so that should continue with Terry and Jahan. And I still hope they pick up a decent, might I say, big-bodied receiver in the 3rd round.  

Where he differs from RG3 IMO is that he does have a solid passing game. I honestly think, he is a better passer then RG3 ever was.  When you took RG3's wheels away, he was not able to fall back on his passing game as a staple.  I guess I am saying he might want to be more focused on becoming more like a Pat Mahomes, who only runs when he needs to or to shake things up a bit. And I think that capacity to grow in the passing game should be his goal.  

I am super excited to turn the page and I look forward to seeing what Jayden can do. I think it is going to be exciting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

13? Oh man, I thought there were only 3:

1. Never admit a mistake

2. When in doubt speak loudly

3. Always make counter accusations

I just made it up off the top of my head, hoping someone would ask me what the other 12 keys to success were.

I was debating in my mind how to respond from these choices…

1. You tell me, I don’t have a clue,

2. Haven’t gotten that far, I’m still on the first chapter.

3. I can’t remember…I think something about not coveting your neighbors wife or oxen or maybe that was a different book?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2