Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

It doesn’t matter how big you are if they can’t catch you. GHA

He gets caught. All the time. And takes the hits. Square. Head on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see a lot of fan sentiment that this pick is make or break for Peters.  I don’t see it that way at all.  It ‘feels’ that way because our entire franchise got a hard reset and the 2nd pick in the draft.  But it’s entirely possible the QB doesn’t work out while everything else does and they find the QB via another means down the road.

I’m not sure why, but the thought of drafting Daniels didn’t seem real until about 2 hours ago.  Contrary to many others here, I do find his tape to be electric.  I entirely understand why he’s tantalizing to GMs.  But his body is a legitimate concern and anyone who pretends it’s not is lying to themselves.  I am taking the guy with the big body and big time throws every time over the skinny guy with electric tape.  But it is what it is, and even though it feels like a make or break for this regime, it’s really not.  

• Like 4

Just now, PokerPacker said:

I'm sure Marvin Harrison Jr will be a great receiver, but I just don't know about taking a WR so high.

I don't know,  honestly he's more of a sure thing than any of the QBs outside of Williams and even he's not a guarantee 

• Like 1

Just now, Redd said:

I want to believe.

I am so hyped. He will be the face of DC in 2 years. This board is going to love him. Yeah we have some haters right now but that’s ok. I was a hater of him after the first season, but he literally improved upon everything the coaches grilled him on. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Alt and not Latham, interesting.  But I think right, Alt is just too good.

Latham is going to be a bust. I am never totally down on a prospect. And Latham looks good against SEC DL. But… Alabama OTs struggle, he’s fairly plodding and I don’t think he can play LT. We’ll see. I wouldn’t have drafted him.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And then it needs to be prioritized more.

If Andrew Wylie is our right tackle you can pencil Mariota seeing significant time in now.

I think I’d rather see Mariota take some snaps at RT than QB.

Only slightly joking.

• Haha 4