Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Federal Agents Raid Homes Tied to Sean Combs in Los Angeles and Miami

China

Federal Agents Raid Homes Tied to Sean Combs in Los Angeles and Miami

Federal agents raided homes in Los Angeles and Miami on Monday that are connected to the hip-hop mogul Sean Combs, a person with knowledge of the case said.

Homeland Security Investigations carried out the raids but did not provide details about the case, including whether Mr. Combs was a target or which criminal charges were being investigated. Mr. Combs, who is also known as Puff Daddy or Diddy, has been accused of sexual assault and sex trafficking in multiple civil lawsuits over the last several months.

A spokesperson for Mr. Combs did not respond to a request for comment.

The criminal inquiry was being conducted by federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York and federal agents with Homeland Security, a law-enforcement official said. Nicholas Biase, a spokesman for the Southern District, declined to comment.

In a statement, Homeland Security said that agents from New York had “executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami and our local law enforcement partners.”

Video from Fox 11 (KTTV), a local television station in Los Angeles, showed armed officers entering a home in the Holmby Hills area of the city, which a law-enforcement official said was connected to Mr. Combs. Public records in California also indicate that the home is owned by a company led by Mr. Combs.

The raids were a stunning development in the career of Combs, 54, a producer, label executive and occasional rapper who has been one of the most influential and widely recognized figures in the music business over the last 30 years.

Mr. Combs has also been dogged for decades by accusations of violence. 

Federal investigators in New York have been leading the investigation, and have been conducting interviews asking potential witnesses about sexual misconduct allegations against Mr. Combs for several months, according to a person familiar with the interviews.

Click on the link for the full article

As per your request, @TheGreatBuzz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been wondering when they were going to get around to this. The accusations made against him are bad. If he did it, I hope he was dumb enough to keep evidence proving so beyond a doubt. 

• Thanks 1

Him and Snowden gonna do an LP together in Moscow?

Bro, where you plan to go that you can maintain your "lifestyle" and not face extradition? 

Even if you brought cash, your assets are in the process of being frozen as we speak, this is homeland security, not DoJ.  There's no way you brought enough dufflebags for whatever you thought you saw in a movie.

Edited by Renegade7

I'm glad this day has come.  For people that really know what he's like (beyond the Diddy persona), this is a day that many thought wouldn't happen.  Everything he's done the last 30+ years has finally come to a head, and he's facing an epic dose of karma.  I knew the guy was bad news since the City College Stampede in 1991, and then Tupac's murder in 1996 that he was responsible for.  He has a LOT to pay for in the after life, and here's hoping that this is the start of a long, slow and painful march.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Maybe not, but there was video of him yesterday pacing around the airport in Miami.

In addition to that, Al Cowlings was seen nearby leaving a white Ford Bronco curbside

Just now, Fergasun said:

@samy316

How does this stuff get covered up for years?  You would think that "piece of trash" overcomes "musically talented" at some level...

The same way Karl Malome got a 13yo pregnant. It wasn't covered up. People just turned a blind eye to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I wouldn't trust that account. Sometimes they post fake stuff and don't verify.

Aye, that's different then no way to prove where his private plane is, see Elon Musk.

19 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@samy316

How does this stuff get covered up for years?  You would think that "piece of trash" overcomes "musically talented" at some level...

Unfortunately, it's real simple.  He was able to con and scheme his way into owning a record label at the age of 23, so he's been untouchable for 3 decades.  Once he got that $10 Million in funding from Clive Davis to fund Bad Boy Records, the rest was history.  It also doesn't help to have the Hollywood Black Godfather helping you whenever you need to get out of a jam.  Clarence Avant was a HUGE part of helping to shield Diddy from potential legal troubles and woes for years.  When he died last summer, Diddy lost the only person keeping him from facing accountability one day.  It's no surprise that Cassie's lawsuit dropped almost immediately after Avant's death.  If you don't know who Clarence Avant is, look him up, or watch that Doc on Netflix about him (Diddy is in that Documentary).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I never liked that guy. Wack MC and producer.

Agreed.  Puffy is known for being an asshole to people beneath him and he seemed to get off on it.  He ruined the careers of a lot of young rappers and r&b artists by locking them into crappy contracts.  

I've always thought Diddy was a cornball and he basically used Biggie's death to springboard himself into the limelight.  

If the accusations are true and he's convicted, I hope he's locked up for a long time. ****ing clown.   

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ll never understand how people decide to invest 30-40 minutes watching him talk

Listen to the first 1:20, to hear my response.