Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Beach breaks up with spring break.

Destino

• Destino changed the title to Miami Beach breaks up with spring break.

I can see Florida getting carried away...

Show me some college thots in cages separated from their parents (while waiting for them to pick them up) or jus sending by bus enmass where ever the hell they came from...

I'd be entertained...

College kids are some of the dumbest, most empowered douchbags in the world. Nobody wants them at spring break outside of some fringe beach town without a beach on the verge of financial collapse.

Stupid little rich kids with not a care in the world "blowing off steam" is the shallowest of American culture.

They are seriously the worst people you'll ever meet.

Imagine having a daughter that wants to go to ASU? you have failed as a parent.

I mean, that's America. It's who we are. Unaccountable privileged douchbags

But it's also hard to take the side of places that work off tourism and tips and complain they're being taken advantage of.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

College kids are some of the dumbest, most empowered douchbags in the world. Nobody wants them at spring break outside of some fringe beach town without a beach on the verge of financial collapse.

Stupid little rich kids with not a care in the world "blowing off steam" is the shallowest of American culture.

But it's also hard to take the side of places that work off tourism and tips and complain they're being taken advantage of.

You’ve got some hate issues you need to work on, I think 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

TIL: Someone doesn't know how to spell douchebag.

• Haha 2

Reviewing over a soccer social media influencer I know (his reel can't be posted here, he uses the f word to start off the rant) and he basically said that the cops are gonna crack down on Copa America in Miami too and that Miami cops don't play

• 2 weeks later...

Miami Beach implements weekend curfew amid spring break crowds

The City of Miami Beach has imposed a weekend curfew starting late Friday night and lasting until Monday morning, citing concerns over spring break crowds and a commitment to public safety.

The curfew, which will be implemented on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, will last from 11:59 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning.

“In consultation with our public safety leadership, we have determined that a midnight curfew is necessary and appropriate to assist in maintaining public safety on this spring break weekend,” said Miami Beach City Manager Alina Hudak.

7News cameras captured visitors who descended on the city’s entertainment district, Friday afternoon.

“I’m down here to have fun, party,” said a man.

“I kind of expected the worst,” said a woman.

Pezzy Jones and Marion Smith, who are visiting from Houston, said the curfew will not disrupt their plans.

“I’m still going to go out and do my thing, you know?” said Jones.

“I mean, nobody is really going to listen to it,” said Smith.

“I feel it’s pointless. Like, just let people have fun,” said another visitor.

After the sun went down, 7News cameras captured large crowds walking down Ocean Drive.

News of the curfew came as a surprise to visitor Dakota Whims.

“No, I didn’t know there was a curfew,” she said.

A spring breaker who identified himself as August pointed out the heavy police presence, hours before officers were scheduled to clear everyone out.

“As y’all see, the police is pretty much out on almost every single block, every street,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article

On 3/4/2024 at 6:26 AM, CobraCommander said:

I never once thought about going to spring break when I was in college. 

Same.  I could party and go out and get drunk locally, no need to travel to FL to do it.  

On 3/4/2024 at 6:48 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

You’ve got some hate issues you need to work on, I think 

He ain't wrong though.  

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:26 AM, CobraCommander said:

I never once thought about going to spring break when I was in college. 

My one and only Spring Break I ever went on in college, I went to New York City. Alone lol.

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Bet it gets thrown out.  Ridiculous power trip by police there.  

What in that video was a ridiculous power trip?...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

@Califan007 The Constipated

About a 30 second "conversation" straight to handcuffs.  Police should be willing to de-escalate the situation. 

But what I see is she said "we ordered our food" multiple times, seems like they are waiting for food.  The police never asked, "are you waiting for food?". You would think that would be important.  They kept yelling at her like, "get outta here!"   And she is upset that they are yelling in their face.  The police didn't listen to her.  If you have a legal right to wait for your food, you shouldn't be accosted in this manner. 

Watch closely... it also seems like there is a racist component to the arrest as well.  How is this "enforcing curfew"?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

If you have a legal right to wait for your food, you shouldn't be accosted in this manner. 

The policy's position seems to be that she should have considered the curfew when she ordered. I'm sure they were told the curfew would be strictly enforced.

4 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@Califan007 The Constipated

About a 30 second "conversation" straight to handcuffs.  Police should be willing to de-escalate the situation. 

But what I see is she said "we ordered our food" multiple times, seems like they are waiting for food.  The police never asked, "are you waiting for food?". You would think that would be important.  They kept yelling at her like, "get outta here!"   And she is upset that they are yelling in their face.  The police didn't listen to her.  If you have a legal right to wait for your food, you shouldn't be accosted in this manner. 

Watch closely... it also seems like there is a racist component to the arrest as well.  How is this "enforcing curfew"?  

I agree the cops are power tripping. It’s kind of funny to see a guy trying to project toughness in a bicycle helmet. They immediately started barking, as usual.

That said, how is this not enforcing curfew? Curfew enforcement is usually fairly straight forward. If you’re out past it you have to leave immediately or be arrested.