Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Beach breaks up with spring break.

Destino

After last year’s debacle of a Spring Break, I don’t really care what the cops do.  There were multiple fights and shootings right in the middle of South Beach last spring break, and there was a shooting that killed a man near a restaurant I was at.  I have NO problems with the curfews, and people should know that the police down there (and the residents/business owners) are not lying when they say that they’re done with the Spring Breakers.

I prey to GOD that they do the same thing for Beach Weekend for Memorial Day weekend.  That crowd that comes here for Bikers Weekend is even more crazier and ignorant than the Spring Break crowd.

Edited by samy316

Am I the only one who heard them say we are waiting for our food?  And who heard the police say, "You can pick up your food, and then leave".

You guys are trippin.... uh oh, I'm under arrest!

56 minutes ago, tshile said:

Correct

that’s what a curfew means. 

Would have gone smoother if they’d just informed her in conversational tones that once she grabbed her order she needed to leave immediately or they’d be forced to arrest her. wouldn’t hurt to thank her for cooperating. Costs nothing to be kind.

When they start yelling right away it makes certain personality types immediately get defensive. Creates an incident, which I suspect is their goal. They probably view making more arrests as a positive thing, proof that they’re working hard for the city or whatever.

but yeah, she should have left. It’s never worth arguing with an angry cop. There’s no upside. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Destino said:

Would have gone smoother if they’d just informed her in conversational tones that once she grabbed her order she needed to leave immediately or they’d be forced to arrest her. wouldn’t hurt to thank her for cooperating. Costs nothing to be kind.

When they start yelling right away it makes certain personality types immediately get defensive. Creates an incident, which I suspect is their goal. They probably view making more arrests as a positive thing, proof that they’re working hard for the city or whatever.

but yeah, she should have left. It’s never worth arguing with an angry cop. There’s no upside. 

I understand what you're saying, but if I paid for it, I should be able to get my food. I really hope Florida goes down in flames, I really hate that state and the residents need to wake up. 

My brother works for an insurance company, he used to travel all over the country when bad storms or weather wreaked havoc. The insurance world has left Florida homeowners in shambles, I don't feel sorry for them. I hope some more deserving state (its in the south, so I doubt there is one), welcomes these kids, doesn't arrest them and takes all their money instead of Florida.

12 hours ago, Destino said:

Maybe. 

I live in Virginia and I knew Miami had a curfew. 

you don’t see the start of things in the video - which is typical for police situations, we always see when things go sideways and not the 10 minutes that led up to it. 

if I had to guess - she knew what she was doing, she just thought she’d get away with it. Like many people I presume think they’ll get away with violating the curfew. Unfortunately the only way to solve that is to show everyone you won’t get away with it, by arresting the ones that try at the start. 

we’ve turned into a society that generally is disrespectful towards authority, then complain when authority does something about it. 

the city proactively informed everyone - it was a national story. Presumably there are signs, radio ads, and the police were warning apeople as curfew approached (in my experience they do)

it’s your job to understand the rules. It’s not anyone’s job to make sure you understand them, outside the government making it easy to look them up (which they do.). Therefore it’s not anyone’s fault when you get in trouble for breaking the rules, except yours. 

None of which would matter if there wasn’t the history of mayhem with spring break tin Miami that there is. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Florida locals infuriated as spring breakers caught dumping overfilled trash cans into the ocean

A group of boozed-up spring breakers has infuriated locals in Florida after dumping two huge trash cans full of garbage into the ocean.

The brazen partygoers were likely some of the 10,000 revelers attending the annual Boca Bash over the weekend.

In shocking video footage shared online, the group can be seen emptying trash from their boat into the open water.

“It just really infuriates you to see someone trash the ocean like that,” local resident Rodrigo Samsing told WSVN.

Boca Bash representatives told the outlet that the spring breakers have been ID’d, calling their behavior “completely unacceptable.”

“You know, nobody else on the boat tried to stop them. Everybody was just celebrating.”

Local police and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission have launched an investigation into the littering.

The partygoers have yet to be publicly identified or charged.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3