Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Interesting. Martavis has generally been more of a headache than a talent, but he’s a long, tall deep threat who can stretch the field. Arguably what we need. 

Hasn’t recorded a catch in almost six years. 32 years old. I’m tempted to think this is a favor for an agent that will pay off in some other way. 

Teams workout scrubs all the time, the names only ever make the media when they’re recognizable like Martavis. Same happened when someone gave Jamarcus Russell a workout after his career ended. These things don’t usually lead to anything and sometimes there’s a dozen guys at a time working out, with just the “big names” known. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hasn’t recorded a catch in almost six years. 32 years old. I’m tempted to think this is a favor for an agent that will pay off in some other way. 

Or Maybe just a confidence booster for Forbes and the rookie CB,s lol. Bryant is almost Anthony Mix tall though so that’s worth considering😁

46 minutes ago, Conn said:

Teams workout scrubs all the time, the names only ever make the media when they’re recognizable like Martavis. 

I remember when we worked out Devery Henderson after he was cut by the Saints. Everyone was excited about it, but he showed up to camp a bit (a lot) on the plump side. We cut him after one practice. 

Shanahan said (paraphrasing) “Yeah, we had to let Devery go. It was obvious that he was gonna hurt himself if he stayed out there any longer.” 😆

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Been waiting for that one for a while. Not sure why it took so long. I guess maybe you wanted to get the rookies in for a looksie to be sure Hartman didn't totally suck first?

Yup. You certainly want to get both a first peek and medicals on a guy before you straight up cut the dead weight, even if its inevitable.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I wouldn't expect him to be a plus contributor or nothing, but there is at least a little bit more space for reclamation than just a pity workout or favor.

Martavis has been logging time in other football leagues for the last several years after his ban from the NFL, but after being reinstated in Nov. he had workouts scheduled w/ Dallas and Tenn. Dallas ended up being the only team he needed to work out for and they signed him to the Prac squad. They also liked him enough to sign him to a future contract after the season, but if he is coming here for a workout I guess that dissolved at some point. That being said he's really only been with an NFL pogram for like 2 months.

But in those 2 months, several of our Dallas coaches have had some sort of first hand XP with the guy. Gotta figue they think his head is on straight now, and would have some inclination about what he could provide performance wise.

Let 'em compete with MJS, see if one of them can fill a role.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Conn said:

Interesting. Martavis has generally been more of a headache than a talent, but he’s a long, tall deep threat who can stretch the field. Arguably what we need. 

Teams workout scrubs all the time, the names only ever make the media when they’re recognizable like Martavis. Same happened when someone gave Jamarcus Russell a workout after his career ended. These things don’t usually lead to anything and sometimes there’s a dozen guys at a time working out, with just the “big names” known. 

Eagles have ex-Bengal, former 1st round pick, WR John Ross in their camp trying to make a comeback. 

If we are bringing people like Bryant for workouts its shows how weak our WR depth. Going into last season I think the consensus was WR was a strength - Dotson having a poor second year has changed that perception quickly.

Terry, Dotson, Crowder, McCaffrey seem locks (Crowder can stil play but hes not the guy he was in first go around here and McCaffrey obviously is a rookie so who knows - neither can be relied on for big numbers at this point). Beyond that probably two spots up for grabs and no one competing for those spots really stands out as a high potential developmental guy.

Only Terry is a proven high quality WR receiver at this point. 

Austin Ekler and the TEs (probably by committee) are going to catch a lot of balls this season.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Damn it took all of one day of OTAs to go from "Jahan Dotson Bounce Back Season" to "I heard Martavis Bryant is available"

I think its more an indictment on Dyami Brown. He is toast. I think he gets cut.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more an indictment on Dyami Brown. He is toast. I think he gets cut.

Giving your number to a rookie is not exactly a vote of confidence.

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd guess so.  He's an engima to me as far as fitting this regime.  In one sense he fits as an extra Wr because he's good at special teams and is a good run blocker.  In another sense he doesn't fit at all because he's so not physical at the catch point -- he's awful in contested catch situations. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd guess so.  He's an engima to me as far as fitting this regime.  In one sense he fits as an extra Wr because he's good at special teams and is a good run blocker.  In another sense he doesn't fit at all because he's so not physical at the catch point -- he's awful in contested catch situations. 

Speed 😁😁

15 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

GMAP: Jake, we're releasing you. The QB room is too crowded.

JFSF:  Come on, we can afford to carry three QBs! Me, Jayden, Sam, Marcus, and Jeff.

GMAP: ....But that's five QBs.

JFSF: Not if you bundle 'em. 😏

Slow Clap Hell Yea GIF - Slow Clap Hell Yea The Wolf Of Wall Street GIFs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With Kingsbury at AZ by the looks of it.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep and they signed him, maybe as KR?

This is a guy who Rivera let walk.

Thats a bad omen.

Or maybe it's a good one.

Guess it depends on how you look at it.

Edited by redskinss
  • Thanks 1