Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Nope, we need all the picks still. A lot of these deals are one year deals.  Need all the young talent in the building we can get. 

Exactly. Young talent on rookie contracts are how you sustain success.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been jealous forever about Howie Roseman and how aggressive he was.   Some here have equated aggressiveness as being a bad thing because of Vinny-Dan.  But IMO their problem wasn't that they were aggressive.  It was that they were stupid. 

Aggressiveness doesn't guarantee success.  But it increases the odds.  As Randy Mueller, ex-GM said recently good GMs in today's NFL can make a contender in a season or 2 as long as they have a QB -- its not the old school 5 years drill.  Cap has increased so much more over the years.  More trades happen.  College players adjust quicker to the NFL because the schemes are more similar, etc.

Bruce Allen would drive the car 35 miles an hour in a 65 mile hour zone and crow that he wasn't Cerrato style reckless.  And his peak was medicority.

Ron Rivera would also drive the car 35 miles an hour and would crow about all the boy scouts on the team -- and his peak was mediocrity.

Peters is driving 80 miles an hour in that 65 mile an hour and this is the most fun I've had in an off season in forever.  It's not that I know for sure of course that its all going to work out but i love the mindset of all of this.  its been what I've craved for years among others here. 

"...Peters is driving 80 miles an hour in that 65 mile an hour..."

Adam Peters idea of a leisurely drive through Ashburn...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Based on how well this free agent period has gone (on paper at least), are you more willing to give up the draft capital (current and future) to move up to #1 for Caleb. Has this moved your needle at all?

I would not. I am not a big fan of WIlliams more because of his head. He is the most talented QB but he has shown signa of potentially being a head case. But maybe tat's over blown. But I also don't want to give up a bunch of capitol. Is he 2 sts and a few other draft picks better? AIf there are other usuitors that's likely what it would cost. 

I say stay where you are and take who you like best between mayes and Daniels and start building around them. But thats just me who has no impact on the decision 🙂  If the FO likes it well enough then I will trust them, for now ....  LOL 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Based on how well this free agent period has gone (on paper at least), are you more willing to give up the draft capital (current and future) to move up to #1 for Caleb. Has this moved your needle at all?

I'd still say no, since a decent number of these dudes are here for a good time, not a long time.  Wagner, Chinn, Ertz all 1 year (along with Mariota).  Don't know Fowler's terms either.  Still have holes on OL and in the secondary.

We'll be seeing lots of turnover next few years and the goal is to build through the draft.  If you give away 1sts and 2nds to move up, you cut your ability to do that in the next couple years significantly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

1739755A-2B77-4583-8F55-C8242262650B.jpeg

Depends on what Chicago wants and what Peters thinks.   So far I kinda like watching him work.  I’m on board with what Adam wants to do.  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We will probably be much improved next season but does all these one year deals mean that, we will have a fall off the following year? I mean we can't resign alllllll of these great players, right?

We can resign some. And use next year's draft to replace some too. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We will probably be much improved next season but does all these one year deals mean that, we will have a fall off the following year? I mean we can't resign alllllll of these great players, right?

they will keep the ones who play well

• Like 3

Just now, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Alot of these signings are guys that want to play for Quinn. We have alot of cap space and with 1 year deals you have alot of cap space again

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

28 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I still hope we re-sign Curl, even if it's only one year. I think he could thrive under legit coaching.

Definitely wouldnt be mad at Curl returning, but I'd rather have Fuller back if its between those two. We're stacked at Safety, we're still thin at CB.

• Like 2

As for the 2021 comment, I'll start with most of these signings are guys under 30.  

Wagner last year was an All Pro.  In 2023.  Not 2021. 

183 tackles -- career high, led the league, it happened last year 2023 not 2021

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Wagner signing caught me off-guard, he's one hell of a placeholder. I liked Crowder last year, his legs looked fresh and still has good quickness.

I think both will be leaders for a team starting from scratch.

Crowder has been here a loooong while during different stints with the team.

He's seen HCs come and go. He's very respected in the offense and special teams.

Wagner will be our new London Fletcher. Long-toothed veteran that naturally enters a leadership role.

As to productivity I don't expect much at all. They are here to establish order.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'd still say no, since a decent number of these dudes are here for a good time, not a long time.  Wagner, Chinn, Ertz all 1 year (along with Mariota).  Don't know Fowler's terms either.  Still have holes on OL and in the secondary.

We'll be seeing lots of turnover next few years and the goal is to build through the draft.  If you give away 1sts and 2nds to move up, you cut your ability to do that in the next couple years significantly.

I get that 100% but we do have a bunch of draft picks this year. Full slate next year. And it also means we lose those guys off the books. And we’ll have money to be active again next year.

idk. Tough call but I think I would make a deal. Especially if Caleb is the guy AP, DQ & KK covet most.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah, but he he was a second team all pro last year on his contract year. Sign him to a one-year deal… He WILL be on the field if it all possible and he will play hard when he’s out there. Those contract years have magical healing powers. It’s crazy what a guy can do when there’s a **** load of money at stake.

He can’t will himself past the herniated discs in his back. He’s had neck surgery as well.

Hes just too much of an injury risk IMO.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Have you ever met an intelligent Cowboys fan?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952yqfcfx0lch2sorird4

I have. He's very knowledgeable about the game and the league, within the range of his life span. Plus he's a real good dude in most every way and never a dumbass fan type. It can be really annoying. 😆

• Haha 2