Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

48 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

He’s on a 1 year deal. He’ll probably ball out this year, sign a big contract for 5 year deal and then go back to being Chase. He is a business man first, after all.

I doubt it. He is more likely to be on IR by mid season than ball out. His leg is a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

I don't know if I am more impressed by Chase's agent or the Saints money guy.

That's more that I woulda thought Young would pull down and I don't understand the black magic the Saints keep conjuring to keep signing guys.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I didn't see 13 million for one year coming unless it was from a team right on the cusp of a championship and even then that's rich for what Chase has put on tape.

That's basically what he walked into last year with the 9ers and they elected to not bring him back. Not sure what the Saints saw of him on film while with the 9ers that they thought was worth 13 mil for a year.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Does anyone think that Slye might beat out McManus?? McManus is wayyyy better at extra points for sure. Also probably better at 49 and under fgs. Slye is definitely better at touchbacks on kickoffs. He is excellent at that. And probably more accurate than McManus at 50 plus fgs. So each guy has atleast one strength that is better than the other 🤔

With the new high octane offense it’ll be all PATs and chip shots 😅

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kalu44 said:

That is a horrific overpay by the Saints. I honestly didn’t think he would get more than $5M/year. The worst part is that it’s a guranteed salary, no incentives. SMH.

I can't wait to head down to New Orleans and watch Chase at OTAs....

🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't believe how fast this team is changing and how much. Two years ago at this time, I suspect most people were resigned to the fact that we seemed destined to an interminable future of football ignominy and ridicule at the hands of you know who.I doubt anyone here at that time could see what was headed our way within a scant two years, or even a year ago for that matter.

We've head an almost total flip of the coaching staff, one of the biggest flips of the roster any of us have probably ever seen (given what's likely to happen in the draft, which hasn't even started yet).The dramatic roster changes we are experiencing reminded me of 1987, the year of the NFL players strike, when Joe Gibbs coached a team of "scabs" (he was so good he won with them too). 

New coaches, new players, a new stadium coming, and repairs to the curent stadium. The velocity of change happening here is extraordinary and I'm loving this off-season. I hardly recognize the team anymore. I'm really excited to see what the on field product will look like later this year.

• Like 16

6 hours ago, profusion said:

That's because the agenda now is to build a winning football team, rather than...whatever it was before.

Before it was the Pinky and the Brain show... where Brian tries to take over the world everyday and fail every time.

pinky-and-the-brain-featured-image.jpg?w

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I doubt it. He is more likely to be on IR by mid season than ball out. His leg is a mess. 

sorry, not trying to be a dick, but can you source that? Why would New Orleans give him a 1 year prove it for 13milly.

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I don't know man, he had a short stint in a PERFECT situation in SF, and he couldn't help but show his true colors.  I don't think he can fool anyone for too long.

I got fully guaranteed $13 million saying he already has.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Touche.

I just don't think he gets a better offer next off-season. 

Only the Saints would offer that. If you read the ESPN article about their defensive pass rush…. you can see why. It’s still stupid… but the Saints are desperate.

• Like 2

We haven't even seen one down of football post-Adam Peters hiring, yet it is so apparent what a single offseason means when you have proper football people in charge.  I am pretty energized and reinvigorated as a fan of the franchise but at the same time so frustrated and how quick 20+ years of the football equivalent of the twilight zone infected this once pround franchise.  I was 19 when Snyder bought the team and will be 44 by the time this season kicks off.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: Chase is already trying to find the Eastern Motors of Nola to work on his “brand”

what a clown that guy is

They don't have a Mercedes Benz of Arlington down there?

:evil:

• Haha 1

Chase is still talented had 10 sacks last year. This is his last chance at a big contract. His injuries and lack of effort are catching up with him.

This is the biggest year of his career if he going to become a star. I think it will be another 8 to 10 sack lack of effort season. There is a lack of pass rushing DE in the draft, it helped him get contract with the Saints.

Edited by Redskins 2021

50 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Chase is still talented had 10 sacks last year. This is his last chance at a big contract. His injuries and lack of effort are catching up with him.

This is the biggest year of his career if he going to become a star. I think it will be another 8 to 10 sack lack of effort season. There is a lack of pass rushing DE in the draft, it helped him get contract with the Saints.

Where are you sourcing the 10 sacks from?

Everywhere I saw listed 7.5

• Like 2

on the tackle subject, I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up grabbing Josh Jones.  He was drafted by Kingsbury

4 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Where are you sourcing the 10 sacks from?

Everywhere I saw listed 7.5

8.5 actually.  He got one in the Super Bowl

Just now, MrJL said:

on the tackle subject, I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up grabbing Josh Jones.  He was drafted by Kingsbury

8.5 actually.  He got one in the Super Bowl

Yeah, playoff sacks don’t count when it comes to contracts.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:04 PM, FootballZombie said:

Forget the 52. Your not gonna go thru camp w/ 2 QBs.

We probably need 3 or 4 total for camp, regardless of who they are. Even if the plan is to hold onto Howell, we are bringing in QBs (plural) so looking at QBs is no indication of what we are doing w/ Howell.

I told you he would be traded.