Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What was her name? I searched for a profile but couldn't find it.

@AsburySkinsFan was the favorite member of mine who EVERY MORNING managed to get coffee up my nose with something funny.  I miss him, despite all of the stuff i've cleaned off my screen.

I sent a text to @brandymac27, I hope she responds.  Last time we talked was right after my husband's passing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Whatever happened to chomerics? 

Long ago we ran a mock election battle thread in here..in my pairing I ended up running as a Republican against Chomerics. (I useta be one long ago when i came here.)

Anyway, my entire campaign was to loudly exclaim he was a vampire and offer up all sorts of nonsense reasons as to how i knew it. every issue he tried to discuss I ran ack around to him being a vampire. I had fun. 😀

I don't remember if I won.

Burgold somehow caught himself a ban.. BURGOLD of all people, so he's mad and won't come back. He's over on Twitter now.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Looking back on it, was MSF for real or a brilliant troll job? I could never tell. 

My take was that he was mostly real.  As Midnight Judges remembered, we eventually were granted some personal details that could explain in part how he became what he was.

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Long ago we ran a mock election battle thread in here..in my pairing I ended up running as a Republican against Chomerics. (I useta be one long ago when i came here.)

Anyway, my entire campaign was to loudly exclaim he was a vampire and offer up all sorts of nonsense reasons as to how i knew it. every issue he tried to discuss I ran ack around to him being a vampire. I had fun. 😀

That is a very Republican campaign you ran.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bring back 

NavyDave. 

:bye:

Fun fact:  when I first joined the board NavyDave commented hoping I was a little China doll female so he could satisfy his Asian fetish.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Burgold somehow caught himself a ban.. BURGOLD of all people, so he's mad and won't come back. He's over on Twitter now.

~Bang

Burgold is also on BGObsession, where Tarhog and Om and a couple other people are.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've asked about him too...hope he's okay. 🤞🏻

I think @StillUnknownhas been MIA since Covid.

I like to believe a lot of folks my age finally had kids and jus decided to focus in that instead, can see both of them activity they each reacted to posts middle of last year, so i dont fear the worst for them, hope for the best.

@Mr. Sinister requesting proof of life, sir...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

The guy raged quit during Jay's tenure.

Maybe he'll be back next year, but I doubt it.

Always thought he didn't know how to make short, concise, posts. He always was in the TLDR category to me :P

I see what you mean, he was the anchor of the soccer thread talking about LFC mostly. Heard he left in relation with the name change. I hope he'll be back. :)

Edited by FrFan
  • Thumb up 1

Most of the ol' forum regulars stopped coming when the name changed

guys like SticksBoi05, No Excuses, and SHF haven't been seen in years

to be fair SHF did make an appearance in the stadium. But sadly with people growing up the old guard isn't as prevalent here anymore. Used to be a UK fan who was a Washington and Liverpool fan. Ain' been seen since the name change.

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

There also quite a few posters who are gone that I don’t give a fArt about. They shall remain nameless. 

I'm not going to call people out but there are also people I don't care much for that don't post anymore here and I can't really complain about it.

In my biased opinion this place is better off without those "anonymous" individuals. TBH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know techboy's real name so I searched for him a while back, and sadly it turns out he passed away unexpectedly.

He was a great source of wisdom here on ES, a generous friend, a bold world traveler, and a caring husband.  He will be sorely missed.

• Sad 22

There are a few people I remember from ES that have found their way to Reddit in one way or another. I know one of them I used to see often and one of them I still do see occasionally. Maybe they got "snapped" from ES. If you venture outside these board a lot of people claim they were banned or suspended. :(

46 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I know techboy's real name so I searched for him a while back, and sadly it turns out he passed away unexpectedly.

He was a great source of wisdom here on ES, a generous friend, a bold world traveler, and a caring husband.  He will be sorely missed.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. 

22 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Buzzette knows that if I die, she needs to come tell you all.

My husband joined for that reason, but it wasn't me that went first.   

And I hope I never get that notice, from either one of y'all.  I hate that I got off on the wrong foot with both of you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Very, very sad to hear. He was young too.

I enjoyed many a discussion with him.  

• Sad 3

Now I remember the drawback to this topic from my pov.

Unless a long time mod reads it regularly a certain amount of misinformation or speculation gets posted and accepted as fact when it's not, particularly regarding bans.

And typically no mod wants to curate something like this that much.

Most of the people you'll reference just leave and we won't know why. Usually it's just life and personal reasons.

Burgold, for instance had a couple reg rule violations that aren't any big deal way back in 2013-15. In 2022 TK gave him minimal points warnings with no restrictions applied.

Volsmet, however, after several efforts to help him control his penchant for flaming out with significant violations (because he was an "interesting" and pretty intelligent poster) self destructed in very wilful and deliberate manner in defiance to the same regulations every else had to follow. 

But nine out of ten missing just left. Nature of any such board active over decades.

A handful did indeed spazz out over various things, certainly not all of them cuz of a mod issue, and just split with a final condemnation of a portion, or a singular target, of the membership in general.  

But unless someone tells you they absolutely have told by the person in question, I wouldn't take it as fact. fwiw

There's a lot of them I miss. Like predicto, techboy, who posts maybe once every couple years now, major Harris, who i just saw posting in the stadium and said hi to him, fellow mod tso who's been absent cuz of life demands, and many more over the years.

China got twa's deal right but China gets everything right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

There also quite a few posters who are gone that I don’t give a fArt about. They shall remain nameless. 

Well, I did ban art once, then again a couple years later, permanently. He was a mod who actually was guilty more than once of the kind of behaviors mods get accused of by blame shifting  assholes. 😁

Damn...just read that comment about techboy...I trust dfitzos word on it, and that saddens me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Well, I did ban art once, then again a couple years later, permanently. He was a mod who actually was guilty more than once of the kind of behaviors mods get accused of by blame shifting  assholes. 😁

He pooped the bed?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Also, I miss zoony...we were phone buddies for years but yeah, he got pretty out there and then left...djtj was one of the nicest and smartest poster, but just moved on...msf was pretty real and a fascinating study...

I could tell ya a fun, personal, "colorful" Blondie story but I'll have to leave it mainly a tease cuz of my personal code😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1