Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 16 - The Commanders @ The Jets

zCommander

I've never been a "Lose out for a higher pick" guy... until this year.

But now that I'm ok with that scenario, we're doomed to win at least 1 more game so why not this one.

Ron is going to want to win as many as possible... not to because it will save his job, not even because it will ultimately screw over the team...
Any coach in this situation want to end on a high note, especially when it may be the last coaching job they ever get so...

Was: 24

Jets:18

Yeah.  Bram said he knows if the Commanders win, he will like it and everybody else will think they ruined Christmas. I thought that was funny.

So ...

Aaron Rodgers probably won't play.

Zach Wilson is concussed and if he knows what's best for him, will not play. (More on this in a second.)

It appears as though Trevor Siemian would be the starter.

Can Ron's defense make Siemian look like Joe Namath?  

I SAY YES!!!!

Jets - 24

Commanders - 14

** Side note: I really hope Wilson is the Quarterback.  And if he is, that he goes out to take the coin toss.  Our "emergency fill in captain" needs to be the on IR Dax Milne, accompanied by his smoking hot girlfriend who has been ceaselessly caring to Dax's groin injury as he recovers.  The same young lady is the ex-girlfriend of Zach Wilson.  We need some serious Zach Wilson ex-girlfriend trolling.  It will never happen.  It ABSOLUTELY should happen.  This IS the best story of the 2023 Commanders and nobody can convince me otherwise.  

And we should have gotten Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson to duet the national anthem for a game where Romo was QBing.  Sadly, we never did that either.  

It's that part of the year where we're out of the playoffs, all is lost, and have literally nothing to play for except better draft positioning...so it's time for Rivera to shine!

...ecause he's an asshole whose only good trait is ruining our wants and needs.

Jets 13

Commies 14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

No politics here. I’d edit that comment, Sic.

The dream of a Top 5 pick dies.

Sam gets benched at halftime and Jacoby leads us to a comeback win. The win pushes us out of the Top 5.

Ron’s Revenge 13

Jets 9

Oh, Ron Rivera is just the most awesome wonderful brilliant-minded coach this team has ever had! Oh he is just the best at everything, people should do exactly as he does and maybe if they're lucky they might be half as great as good ol' Ron Rivera.

I'm seriously thinking about going to my city council meeting and demand they change my street name to Ron Rivera Ave. just so I can have a beaming smile every time I drive home or leave, as long as I can see that wonderful reminder.

There, fixed it !

Edited just now by skins island connection

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Oh, Ron Rivera is just the most awesome wonderful brilliant-minded coach this team has ever had! Oh he is just the best at everything, people should do exactly as he does and maybe if they're lucky they might be half as great as good ol' Ron Rivera.

I'm seriously thinking about going to my city council meeting and demand they change my street name to Ron Rivera Ave. just so I can have a beaming smile every time I drive home or leave, as long as I can see that wonderful reminder.

There, fixed it !

Edited just now by skins island connection

I think he meant get rid of the comment about the guy residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It was good advice. 

• Thumb up 1

In fantasy, they have our D/ST rated #1 on the waiver wire this week just because we play the Jets offense. It seems that they don't know much about our D. Maybe they didn't see Devito tear us a new one. It is irrelevant which offense Washington faces. They will look good. It's amazing to me, that the opposing offense is all that they look at, when determining a fantasy projection. Nevermind the fact that Washington's defense has a NEGATIVE 5 and TWO NEGATIVE 6's in recent weeks. This team struggles to force turnovers, has zero defensive touchdowns, and rarely sack the QB. Their fantasy value is atrocious. Anyway I say Jets 27 Washington 10.

15 hours ago, Hazel-Ra said:

I've never been a "Lose out for a higher pick" guy... until this year.

But now that I'm ok with that scenario, we're doomed to win at least 1 more game so why not this one.

Ron is going to want to win as many as possible... not to because it will save his job, not even because it will ultimately screw over the team...
Any coach in this situation want to end on a high note, especially when it may be the last coaching job they ever get so...

Was: 24

Jets:18

I'm the exact same way. Never in my life have I wanted my team to lose. It didn't matter that big picture, it would be better to lose. I wanted wins regardless. However the situation with this organization, Rivera's incompetence, and the truly abysmal, horrendous, disgusting, preposterous current outlook for this organization has finally broken me. I don't have excitement on Sundays anymore. I don't have passion. I don't pace in my living room or throw things anymore. I just sit there like an apathetic zombie, focused on my fantasy players and hoping Washington loses. Sad times.

• Sad 1

I have this terrible feeling we're gonna win this week. Combination of Jets offense being trash being a good antidote for our defense and the "we're due" angle having not won since like October.

If Rodgers came back we would get eviscerated for sure but this defense has a chance against Trevor Siemien.

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Rodgers came back we would get eviscerated for sure but this defense has a chance against Trevor Siemien.

We said that against Danny Devito, and look what happened.

I also feel like it's a possibility the we win.

However.  The best unit on the field is their defense.  If their defense can figure out our offense, which I think it can especially if Howell is struggling. Also, I haven't seen in jury updates just yet, but the OL might be Lucas, Charles, Gates, Cosmi, Wylie.  That's about as "eeeeeeeek" as you can get. (Though I think Lucas is a very servicable backup.)

Can their offense scheme up 14-17 point against Ron's defense?  I think it's possible.  I wouldn't even be shocked if it was 20.

I'm not sure our offense can get to 17.  

So I still have hope.  

I also am hoping and praying SOMEBODY has gotten into Ron's ear to say "if the game is on the line, you DO NOT put in Brissett to see if you can get a win.  If it's out of control, that's fine.  But under no circumstance do you put in Brissett to try and win.  

If that happens, I will go completely bananas.  If we're about to take the loss, put in Brissett, and manage to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat (which, ironically would really be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory) because we put Brissett in, I'm going to lose it.

Also, I want to see Jake Fromm active for the last 3 games.  If there is garbage time, I'd MUCH prefer to see him than Brissett. 

• Like 1

Their D is gonna put the clamps on us something fierce. We are gonna be punting a lot.

Their O wont have to put up much. Just enough to withstand our end game spurt after the game is 90% decided.

I think we lose this one... even with their rancid QB play. Their run game will pull them to a TD and a couple FGs... plus their D likely causes us to bake several apple turnovers...

7 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

In fantasy, they have our D/ST rated #1 on the waiver wire this week just because we play the Jets offense. It seems that they don't know much about our D. Maybe they didn't see Devito tear us a new one. It is irrelevant which offense Washington faces. They will look good. It's amazing to me, that the opposing offense is all that they look at, when determining a fantasy projection. Nevermind the fact that Washington's defense has a NEGATIVE 5 and TWO NEGATIVE 6's in recent weeks. This team struggles to force turnovers, has zero defensive touchdowns, and rarely sack the QB. Their fantasy value is atrocious. Anyway I say Jets 27 Washington 10.

Holy crap our league doesn't use defense anymore but putting up NEGATIVE scores is just crazy bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

On Fantasy Pros, a fantasy football rankings aggregate website, according to 14 experts, Jets defense is 3rd for week 16 and Commanders are 14th.