Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 16 - The Commanders @ The Jets

zCommander

17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have the Ravens D which has been awesome, but at 49ers on Monday/Christmas? 

I'm really tempted to start our defense.

I have faced that predicament a lot this season. I have Dallas's D and they are #1 in fantasy. However I keep benching them and going for a waiver wire pickup because seemingly every week Dallas faces an elite offense. SF, Buffalo, Philly twice, now the Dolphins. I just know that Tua, Tyreek, Waddle, Mostert, Achane, etc will probably put up a ton of yards and points. So I can't risk it.

19 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Clearly losing this game would help the Commanders future, draft-pick-wise, but the coaches and players have their careers to think about and will be giving it their best.  Assuming that's true, I have to be honest and say that it is hard for me to say the Jets will win this game.  Commanders, 20-16.

the Jets have managed to put up between 20 and 30 points a few times this season, I think the can do the same against us

13 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Actually, now that I think about it Lucas filled in at LT 3 or 4 weeks ago and there wasn't any dropoff.  Gates at C might get Sam killed, he's awful.

who's gonna be our backup center?  Laufenberg?

12 minutes ago, MrJL said:

the Jets have managed to put up between 20 and 30 points a few times this season, I think the can do the same against us

who's gonna be our backup center?  Laufenberg?

If we’re trying to throw the game, Gates at C would be the move 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I have faced that predicament a lot this season. I have Dallas's D and they are #1 in fantasy. However I keep benching them and going for a waiver wire pickup because seemingly every week Dallas faces an elite offense. SF, Buffalo, Philly twice, now the Dolphins. I just know that Tua, Tyreek, Waddle, Mostert, Achane, etc will probably put up a ton of yards and points. So I can't risk it.

Dallas is available too. Why I don't know, but I'm not playing them this week.

I am so adamantly against us winning because if we do it’ll be a game of total ineptitude by both squads that results in some ugly 13-10 type game that really gives the fans and the players nothing to be excited about or build on, just a scoreboard victory by one terrible team against another. It’ll cost us draft position with nothing in return but a hollow extra tick in the win column. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, moondog said:

I am so adamantly against us winning because if we do it’ll be a game of total ineptitude by both squads that results in some ugly 13-10 type game that really gives the fans and the players nothing to be excited about or build on, just a scoreboard victory by one terrible team against another. It’ll cost us draft position with nothing in return but a hollow extra tick in the win column. 

image.gif.ee19fc5d07ddea917d0b526428c7f49f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I can’t believe some posters want the Commanders to beat the Jets on Sunday.  Weird.  Oh well.  Too each his own.  

Exactly. I could maybe understand emotionally wanting to beat the 49ers or Dallas but the Jets? You are going to waste the equivalent of 2nd round pick or more in draft capital value to beat the Jets with Sieman at QB.  It’s less satisfying than winning a preseason game. I don’t get it either. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dallas is available too. Why I don't know, but I'm not playing them this week.

Yes, me neither. Granted this strategy DOES backfire on me sometimes. Even when all logic says that it shouldn't. Like when I picked up Houstons D vs the terrible Jets O and Dallas was facing Philly. Houstons D only scored 5 points and Dallas's D scores 10. Wasn't a humongous disparity but still frustrating.

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I don't want to us to beat the Jets but come close to it and Sam looks good again. That is all I want. 

Yes. Best case scenario is that Sam goes 34 -  44, 367 yards, 4 TDs/0 ints, and a rushing TD. A great performance against a very good defense. However Trevor Siemian turns into Trevor Montana and the Jets win the game 38 to 35. We then use free agency and the draft to load up on weapons and go all out to improve the offensive line for Sam! 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

It's pretty pathetic really. Here are a few of our defensive fantasy scores this year.... negative 6 vs Miami, negative 6 vs Dallas, negative 5 vs Seattle, negative 5 vs Chicago, negative 1 vs Phi ( first game )  0.0 vs Buffalo, positive 2 vs Phi ( second game ), 3 vs NE, and 3 vs LAR. They project us 8 vs NYJ just because NYJ's offense sucks. Yet I have zero confidence in these guys. I picked up Chicago's defense, which has shockingly been outstanding since Montez Sweat showed up. Chicago's D/ST last five games: 8, 9, 15, 15, 15.

I knew it. We scored 2 fantasy points vs the 32nd ranked offense. Lol. When will the projection people learn. It doesn't matter if our D faces the local high school team. They won't do jack in fantasy or real life for that matter.