Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McVay doesn’t seem to be totally with it. But they are lacking discipline right now. Very lax. A 6-7 team acting like they are far superior to anyone is a mistake. 

Shovel passes? I don’t know, man. McVay isn’t the same McVay. Not to say he can’t be or won’t be again. But I think he realizes this team isn’t going far and doesn’t have much confidence. 

Their OL is NFL level but not good. 

They are okay in talent but they lack big time talent, too, other than Kupp… who has also been injured. 

If the Rams feel like making a change I’d take him here as HC in a heartbeat!

On another note our offense has regressed so far from the start of the season. Defenses have adjusted and smell blood in the water and EB has no answers.

Sam is feeling all the sacks and hits - not so much physically as mentally. He’s rushing his footwork and reads, everything is out of synch. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rocket442Olds said:

I imagine it is just the annoyance of caring too much about a team that sucks this bad but St Juste constantly celebrating while being picked on constantly makes me wonder if he should be in permanent concussion protocol. 

I never thought about that, but it makes sense.  

I always wonder if guys in the locker room pick on him for celebrating getting his ass kicked all the time.

• Haha 1

Just now, MartinC said:

On another note our offense has regressed so far from the start of the season. Defenses have adjusted and smell blood in the water and EB has no answers.

EB was using quick game to cover for the OL as much as he could.  Now defenses are rushing 4 and jumping the short routes and nothing is open.

The way you counter that is going to intermediate throws to punish the defense for jumping short routes.  Problem: when you can’t protect for 2 seconds, you can’t do that.  

All those that said the OL was going to derail the season were … well not 100% right because the defense is the real reason.  But it is the reason the offense has stalled.  

• Like 3