Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m not against drafting one. Brissett will be gone anywhere. I just don’t want to take one in the first. In part because I’m not sure about the top prospects enough.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is sure.  They flop just as often as they succeed, and the league evens itself out with the later round QBs who wind up good (hopefully Sam) . 

I think Sam has played well enough, especially all things considered, to earn another year.  

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

EB is just as bad as Del Rio, just got bailed out by some impressive Howell plays. 

Entire roster needs overhauled. Im not sure any of our starters would start for Dallas except maybe Payne and Allen.

You are absolutely right. Terry might be WR#3. We should not be resigning anyone. A lot of fans talk about Curl, but was terrible today. Ron built a backup caliber football team by reaching in the drafts for undersized players.  It shouldn't be a surprise that our best players are Gruden's guys. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LetsBCooley said:

No more trading up to get so n so better player! We have our QB, now we need players to PROTECT Sam! If a top O-line player is available in our draft spot, then we take him, other wise we should consider trading down and get more picks.

I like the trade back option if we can move back within 6 spots....we need a stud lineman.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

You are absolutely right. Terry might be WR#3. We should not be resigning anyone. A lot of fans talk about Curl, but was terrible today. Ron built a backup caliber football team by reaching in the drafts for undersized players.  It shouldn't be a surprise that our best players are Gruden's guys. 

My mom who knows very little kept talking about how small, weak, and slow our guys look compared to Dallas.

The talent difference is just obvious.

• Like 2

In Ron's presser the last question was about about Del Rio and EB getting into it on the sidelines, supposed J Allen and some other players were also involved.  I missed the first 3 quarters so I'm curious if they showed it on the broadcast and what happened.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

In Ron's presser the last question was about about Del Rio and EB getting into it on the sidelines, supposed J Allen and some other players were also involved.  I missed the first 3 quarters so I'm curious if they showed it on the broadcast and what happened.

Details? 

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I thought Curl was terrible today too????? Totally complacent and reactive....too late on just about every play.

Just now, Dirt said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone is sure.  They flop just as often as they succeed, and the league evens itself out with the later round QBs who wind up good (hopefully Sam) . 

I think Sam has played well enough, especially all things considered, to earn another year.  

Agreed. If we didn’t have Sam Howell and we were starting the guy from the ‘22 season I’d be more on board with QB. Adequate QB play (if that’s all Howell is) buys you some time to correct glaring roster issues while also giving them a fair shake. 

We have an adequate QB. Whether he’s a Super Bowl guy or not is irrelevant for next year. We likely aren’t in immediate contention anyways, and a rookie doesn’t speed that process necessarily, especially if the line isn’t improved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Just when I think Howell has the "it" factor he makes some terrible decisions. That being said, I think all of these games he's playing are valuable and that he'll be much better in coming seasons. He has no defense and a shaky offensive line with no explosive running back to work with. They have put soooo much on him. I love his arm, his toughness and his wheels, just need to see more accuracy and better overall decision making and I think both will come. 

Sam is always having to play from behind and when he does, he tries to do too much. If we had a decent defense and played with the lead, Sam would not be making these bad decisions because he wouldn't feel like he has to carry the team.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

also didn’t see this, fascinated to hear more 

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If EB smacked Del Rio in the face I might have to rethink keeping him next season.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious...now what are you going to do about your Commander embarrassing the area and fan base again in national tv during a national holiday?

Stop tweeting the obvious and do something bold for a change...

Nothing. Remember when he first tweeted and everyone was like, "YES! MAGIC WILL SAVE US!" and I said it was a nothing burger and people were upset with me? Magic doesn't have much, if any, say. And even if he did, Harris has been saying based on reports that he is going to give Rivera the season. Magic can't usurp him. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s two-fold, physically and mentally slow.  Always reacting.

Our DB’s are like the ghostly echo of players who vaguely remember they used to play football back when they were still alive. Every time they get run over I expect them to explode into ectoplasm and transition back to the ethereal plane 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

i missed the entire game........on purpose......lol

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

Yeah , not liking Romo. I do like Aikman though 

I actually like Romo because he's gives very good analysis, but Nance is a Nancy! The only problem I had with Romo today was him gobbling about how good a roster the Cowboys are to win the SB(at least 4 times he said it). It's just so foolish to proclaim that. Cowboys keep failing against the Eagles/49ers, and we know Dak constantly comes up short against the real good teams.

• Like 2