Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If the GM to decided to draft a QB instead of shore up the line somehow and I’m not going to be a believer in the GM. It’s painfully obvious how bad our OL is. 

If they somehow get quality pieces via trades leading up to the draft, sure, I’m open to whatever. I don’t see how but hey, who knows.

I definitely appreciate your position.

But look...the QB position is different than every other one in football.  We all know this.  And so, special rules apply here.  

If an organization feels it needs to take an elite prospect and isn't sold on the incumbent, then do it.  You simply cannot wait for the conditions around that prospect to be hunky-dory before drafting him.  It's not always convenient when you need or believe you need a blue chipper at QB.  But your chances of landing one could be years and years apart.  

I am a gargantuan proponent that everything on offense works off the O line.  I'm all about taking them early and often.  Restocking with quality in every draft.  I'm totally with you on building a top flight O line.  

IF, and I said IF, the new GM and his staff aren't convinced that Sam is their guy to build around and want to hedge their bets so-to-speak on an elite prospect (assuming, of course that said prospect is there to be had) then they should do it.  They will know a hell of a lot more than any of us when it comes to evaluation.  I won't lose faith in them if they see something the die-hard Howell fans don't.  If, over time, the guy they draft beats out Sam and goes on to be THE GUY, then we win.   If Sam beats him out and goes on to be THE GUY, then we win.

No team in the NFL has a worse history at the most important position than we do.  I have no problem loading up on another blue chip prospect QB IF our new FO feel we need to take one.  

Just where I come out on the subject.  

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Man, you know your franchise is scraping the bottom of the barrel when your post game live show is being done from an exit ramp at Dallas stadium. Not on news desk, three guys standing iat the corner of an exit ramp talking about the game. This is pathetic. 

This postgame situation is abysmal.  The Ravens postgames are in a bar or on the street, so I guess it could be worse.  But I miss the Comcast ones in the studio. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

And honestly why should he be the only 1 returning? Howell success? Howell would have had success under Turner… I don’t remember the last time I saw (on multiple occasions today) where 2 players were in the same area, a player in motion (Dotson) running into BRob on a 4th and 1 pretty much making the tackle himself, and the lack of a OL scheme and running game, yet another game a RB held under 100yds… EB hasn’t done anything imho to merit him staying 

I am starting to agree with this post.  I was hopeful but to me, this has been a train wreck for EB not only for this team but also for any hope that he has for a head coaching position.  This **** show is not likely to change for the remainder of this season.  If they end up 4 and 13, regardless of if Howell throws for 300 yards on 60 attempts per game, who is exactly going to be sitting around the table saying we need to go get EB as our Head Coach.  

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If the GM to decided to draft a QB instead of shore up the line somehow and I’m not going to be a believer in the GM. It’s painfully obvious how bad our OL is. 

If they somehow get quality pieces via trades leading up to the draft, sure, I’m open to whatever. I don’t see how but hey, who knows.

I'm so torn on this and I think it's just a rock and a hard place decision.  The playoffs, each year, are full of teams with good/great quarterbacks and mostly whoever at Oline.  Now ours is a different level of bad, I agree, I mean impossibly bad (especially when you see it in person it's just....embarrassingly bad)

We throw our hands up every year or two and say "screw it start over" but a couple years ago I said "screw it draft a QB every single draft because it seems thats all that REALLY matters on the team".  Raise your odds to land a great one because great ones come from wherever.  Brock Purdy was the last pick for ****s sake.

With a high pick though, with the possibility of trading back and fixing (doing anything really) to that Oline and letting Sam keep it going....I think I have to lean to that. But still, draft a QB somewhere, anywhere in every draft forever. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Yeah, the direction of the NFL is these young offensive gurus that better relate to today's NFL players...

Bieniemy isn't a dinosaur by age standards, but way he has to be defended for how he talks to players he might as well be.

All you mentioned on his scheming is icing on the cake in the big picture.

He is actually, EB will be 55 which is already top-10 oldest HC in the league (if he were to become HC for some disastrous reason). After the likely retirements, he’d be top-8 probably. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I'm so torn on this and I think it's just a rock and a hard place decision.  The playoffs, each year, are full of teams with good/great quarterbacks and mostly whoever at Oline.  Now ours is a different level of bad, I agree, I mean impossibly bad (especially when you see it in person it's just....embarrassingly bad)

We throw our hands up every year or two and say "screw it start over" but a couple years ago I said "screw it draft a QB every single draft because it seems thats all that REALLY matters on the team".  Raise your odds to land a great one because great ones come from wherever.  Brock Purdy was the last pick for ****s sake.

With a high pick though, with the possibility of trading back and fixing (doing anything really) to that Oline and letting Sam keep it going....I think I have to lean to that. But still, draft a QB somewhere, anywhere in every draft forever. 

I’m not against drafting one. Brissett will be gone anyways. I just don’t want to take one in the first. In part because I’m not sure about the top prospects enough.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

This postgame situation is abysmal.  The Ravens postgames are in a bar or on the street, so I guess it could be worse.  But I miss the Comcast ones in the studio. 

Oh it's HORRIBLE and very unprofessional.....just horrible.  Why not have this thing set up on a private jet where the guys can sit comfortably and chat.  I very much so miss the Comcast studio as well.  This is just a prime example of how bad this organization is.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron's outright refusal to answer any real questions today after the game that he absolutely SHOULD be answering after four years in charge is one of the reasons I do not respect him at all as a HC.  

He wants his players to be accountable but he shows zero leadership in his pressers now.  He's a terrible example and is a hypocrite of the highest order.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

He is actually, EB will be 55 which is already top-10 oldest HC in the league (if he were to become HC for some disastrous reason). After the likely retirements, he’d be top-8 probably. 

That's interesting, I saw something that said that, just 55 doesn't feel old for a HC say 10-20 year's ago, but with so many new young ones and old ones heading out that conversation has changed. 

The average age for a HC has to be nose diving right now just looking around now in 2023.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

We all knew it was going to end this way. On another note, I can't stand listening to Jim Nantz and Tony Romo. They have to be the most boring announcing team ever.

Nantz & Ron are CBS’s #1 team.  Because we’re such as loser franchise, we don’t get the top crews very often.  In fact, I think Nantz & Romo haven’t called a Washington game in at least 5 years.  We haven’t gotten the Top FOX crew all season either.  We don’t have any Sunday Night Football appearances or Monday Night Football appearances this year either.  With games like the one we had earlier, it’s easy to see why this team is consistently buried in the 1PM window with F or G level announcing teams, and no primetime games.

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There aren’t any FA linemen of note. 

Williams is a diva because he is. Listen to the things he’s said and done. He doesn’t handle criticism well.

He may wind up being lights out, he has the skills to be, but the diva stuff usually doesn’t end well in the locker rooms.

I’d rather trade back, grab an OL and then if they really want grab a Michael Penix type in the draft than sit at a top 3 pick and take Williams. 

Ok that’s a fair take 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Bears have two of the top 3 picks....we could trade up with them and get into even better QB position if they want to move back and pick up an extra 1st next year. In other words, one of the top 2 QB's on the board is starting to come into view if we want to pay the price.

No more trading up to get so n so better player! We have our QB, now we need players to PROTECT Sam! If a top O-line player is available in our draft spot, then we take him, other wise we should consider trading down and get more picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Oh it's HORRIBLE and very unprofessional.....just horrible.  Why not have this thing set up on a private jet where the guys can sit comfortably and chat.  I very much so miss the Comcast studio as well.  This is just a prime example of how bad this organization is.

I'm hoping Harris fixes this.  I know he purchased the team too late to negotiate a contract with the network. 

But, yeah...this can't be the norm going forward.  It's bush league and certainly NOT the image Harris is going to want.

Just when I think Howell has the "it" factor he makes some terrible decisions. That being said, I think all of these games he's playing are valuable and that he'll be much better in coming seasons. He has no defense and a shaky offensive line with no explosive running back to work with. They have put soooo much on him. I love his arm, his toughness and his wheels, just need to see more accuracy and better overall decision making and I think both will come. 

• Like 1