Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

I kind of doubt anything could interfere with their ability to make money, it’s more that they have no reason to spend the money to change something that isn’t costing them money. 

Oh I'll agree with that for sure.

I'll still watch every Sunday and root for Washington to win. but I'm definitely not going to be wagering any money on any NFL product that's for sure.

Edited by Reaper Skins

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Plus I got the impression listening to Keim that Rivera is trying to make a case behind the scenes for why he should be the guy going forward

I'd be interested in hearing that argument. Can ANYONE give one positive relating to his "football" (Not Culture) acumen? From bad asst coach selection, bad drafting, bad game planning (or lack thereof) and COMPLETE LACK OF OWNERSHIP of team's performance issues. Joe Gibbs he is not....

How can he escape his totally dysfunctional team? He's delusional to say the least

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

In '91 Clark was.

2nd in the league in yards (1340 only behind Michael Irvin) 3rd in Avg per catch ( 19.4)

So otherwise, no, right?

This isn't a shot at Gary, this is more a context of what AJ Brown is and the apparent need for someone like him. 

He's a rare bird Pokemon, La'Mar and Tyreek other the right now.

We scored 31 twice against the Eagles without one.  My opinion is reality is we have bigger holes to address then WR and should be low priority with respect to upgrades, not high.  Itd be pretty hard to upgrade anyway in context to what's out there and what we already have.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Oh I'll agree with that for sure.

I'll still watch every Sunday and root for Washington to win. but I'm definitely not going to be wagering any money on any NFL product that's for sure.

The bad reffing is just as likely to help you as hurt you, if you’ve already made the -EV decision to gamble on sports there’s really no reason to let the reffing stop you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I'd be interested in hearing that argument. Can ANYONE give one positive relating to his "football" (Not Culture) acumen? From bad asst coach selection, bad drafting, bad game planning (or lack thereof) and COMPLETE LACK OF OWNERSHIP of team's performance issues. Joe Gibbs he is not....

How can he escape his totally dysfunctional team? He's delusional to say the least

Delusional definitely. What I gathered his argument is Sam Howell, Sam Howell, Sam Howell.

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And that's the important point. It's all about the refs. No Washington loss is about anything else. 

yeah, cause we blamed the Buffalo and Chicago games on the refs(I mean I complained when they they screwed up, but that's because salt on the wound )

1 hour ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yep. Offense was not the issue today. Sure, wish we could have a few plays back. But we were two rare fumbles from losing 52-31

Agreed. But the 52 is not on the offensive game plan or play calling.

I can’t wait to see the back of Del Rio.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I never said he lost the game for us.

I said he didn't have a great game.

I'd give him like a B or B-.

Tough crowd. First year QB in his 9th career start completes 75% of his passes on over 50 attempts and throws 4 TDs and a hair under 400 yards. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Plus I got the impression listening to Keim that Rivera is trying to make a case behind the scenes for why he should be the guy going forward 

I’m sure he is. But I have as much chance of being the HC/GM next season as Ron. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

KC and San Fran going down today really shakes up the league. Everyone is beatable on any Sunday. Which is the parity the NFL loves. Miami may very well be the cream of the crop. 

Miami wont go deep in the playoffs

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

A lot of QB's went down today. I would think Brissett might have some value in the league as well. May as well trade him. We have our answer at the position I think. 

Fair. Not sure what he’d bring but I’d listen to offers. 

Dude does not want his last opportunity to be a HC in the NFL end with him getting fired mid-season..... Again. 

He also presents himself as unable to handle the details of the job in preparation and in-game. Didn't see this. Will watch the film on that. This player is young too, if you haven't heard. 

For reals. Boot him and JDR, let EB finish the year as HC... regardless of how uneven he's been. Remember when he said there were 12 weeks left? Then 10 and nobody knows what will happen? 

42 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

KC and San Fran going down today really shakes up the league. Everyone is beatable on any Sunday. Which is the parity the NFL loves. Miami may very well be the cream of the crop. 

The Jets have beaten Buffalo and Philly...go figure.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Dude does not want his last opportunity to be a HC in the NFL end with him getting fired mid-season..... Again. 

I can't pretend to know what he wants because his actions don't lineup with the logic being presented on his behalf.