Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

With two ongoing NCAA investigations, there has been rampant speculation about whether or not Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh will be with the Wolverines beyond the current season. Even most of our Reacts Survey respondents from this week don’t believe Harbaugh will be in Ann Arbor next year.

So if Harbaugh does head back to the pro ranks, he may not be completely safe from any/all punishment if the NCAA decides to take action against him for the two ongoing investigations.

According to a report on Sunday morning from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, the NFL would likely not be a “safe harbor” for Harbaugh, “Raising the strong possibility Harbaugh would need to serve some or all of any possible suspension he could face in college if he returns to the pros.”

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2023/10/29/23937023/report-jim-harbaugh-nfl-michigan-wolverines-football-2023-ncaa-sign-stealing-investigation-stalions

• Like 1

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

I missed the entire game but from reading the board it sounds like Sam had a great game and the offense looked much improved from last week, and the defense pretty much dressed for the game and that's it? Is that accurate??

Pretty much. 

• Like 2

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

I missed the entire game but from reading the board it sounds like Sam had a great game and the offense looked much improved from last week, and the defense pretty much dressed for the game and that's it? Is that accurate??

And the refs called a catch, a no catch for us without review and their guy looses control of the ball and its rolls on the ground and they call that a catch for them 

Do I think some folks here get carried away with the conspiracy theories regarding officiating?

Absolutely.  I don’t think any refs are out to get this team.

But the “it happens to every team narrative” isn’t equal.  We just have to hope to one day be in the group of good teams that is more often on the fortunate end of officiating.

• Like 3

Just now, srtman04 said:

And the refs called a catch, a no catch for us without review and their guy looses control of the ball and its rolls on the ground and they call that a catch for them 

Yeah I've been seeing folks posting about that. It seems like the officiating has been terrible across the board all season in the NFL and college.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, srtman04 said:

They completely changed the game with those calls.

The "they changed the call without a review" narrative is what's particularly funny here. Do you people actually watch NFL games? They do this all the time. The officials get together or there is an expedited review. 

Believe it or not (and I know you won't) this is actually not something that is only done to screw Washington. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

The argument could be made that with a company that makes as much money as the NFL does, their decision to not fund full time referees, not fund technology that would allow computer chips to spot the ball consistently, and eliminate human bias on subjective calls seems inexcusable.

Unless they benefit from that subjectivity because it allows them to have an influence on the flow of the game.

They make untold billions and admitting there’s something wrong with the current system is not in their interest, neither is spending a ton of money to draw peoples’ attention to how bad it is if they don’t h have to. Your mistake is in thinking that a bunch of billionaires and their corporate partners have “integrity of the game” as a top priority instead of just making the most money possible without rocking the boat. They aren’t trying to curate the most accurate and perfectly reffed games. They’re trying to make the most money while spending the least money. Their product is more popular and profitable and trendy every single year. What would lead them to think they need to change, exactly? 

You could even make the argument that it is not against their interest to let fans of clearly inferior products take solace sometimes in the idea that they’re just being screwed by the refs, rather than supporting a team that doesn’t deserve their money. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

The "they changed the call without a review" narrative is what's particularly funny here. Do you people actually watch NFL games? They do this all the time. The officials get together or there is an expedited review. 

Believe it or not (and I know you won't) this is actually not something that is only done to screw Washington. 

Did you actually watch the ****ing game?  

Lots of complaints across the board today.  But let’s face it.  This has been a horrible organization for DECADES.  We have a subpar coaching staff because the good ones would rather coach somewhere else and do.  The on field talent is a notch below because they were selected by mediocre talent evaluators.  The good players on this team mostly leave to go somewhere else to win or have been ineptly handled.  This all starts at the top and the good news is that after decades of dwelling in this stench, we finally had a change at the top.

it is going to take time but for the first time in forever there is hope for a brighter tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Did you actually watch the ****ing game?  

It was not for no reason btw. Rivera said in his presser that the league office reviewed that play. The refs didn’t just huddle up and change their minds after a few minutes. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I think some people are entertaining some ideas when they see what a true #1 WR can do when we see AJ Brown tear us a new one everytime we play him. He's put together an entire season of Terry's work in half a season, on a running team..I think with Terry, we have an Art Monk, but we need a Gary Clark..

To confirm, was Clark considered a top 3 wr in any season here?

What I saw today was one of maybe 3 players at WR that are not only great WR's, but absolutely freaks of nature and matchup nightmares.

We accept them players like this exist in the NBA we call them ungaurdable.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sadly I dont think he is. but he was an Ok coach going full speed but the half speed version of Ron  which we got now has him in Zorn territory

I'm starting to think at this point, that Ron doesn't care.

He knows he's gone. He knows he's on borrowed time.

So he is just going through the motions.

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

They make untold billions and admitting there’s something wrong with the current system is not in their interest, neither is spending a ton of money to draw peoples’ attention to how bad it is if they don’t h have to. Your mistake is in thinking that a bunch of billionaires and their corporate partners have “integrity of the game” as a top priority instead of just making the most money possible without rocking the boat. They aren’t trying to curate the most accurate and perfectly reffed games. They’re trying to make the most money while spending the least money. Their product is more popular and profitable and trendy every single year. What would lead them to think they need to change, exactly? 

You could even make the argument that it is not against their interest to let fans of clearly inferior products take solace sometimes in the idea that they’re just being screwed by the refs, rather than supporting a team that doesn’t deserve their money. 

So you're basically saying the owners don't have any motivation to prioritize the integrity of the game?  Because it could interfere with their ability to make money?

but think fans who have the audacity to question the fact that the current system could be misused to profit shouldn't be taken seriously?

BTW, I don't think that refs solely make bad calls in Washington games.  The bad calls in Washington games are just the only ones I care about.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I'm starting to think at this point, that Ron doesn't care.

He knows he's gone. He knows he's on borrowed time.

So he is just going through the motions.

He’s going through the motions I agree. But I suspect at a minimum he doesn’t want to be fired  in the middle of the season, it would represent an embarrassing end to his tenure.

Plus I got the impression listening to Keim that Rivera is trying to make a case behind the scenes for why he should be the guy going forward 

But yeah it feels like Ron wants an easy paycheck and he doesn’t come off hungry at all 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Yeah I've been seeing folks posting about that. It seems like the officiating has been terrible across the board all season in the NFL and college.

Yes it has. Awful the last few years. But it seems that high profile teams dont generally get as many bad calls

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

So you're basically saying the owners don't have any motivation to prioritize the integrity of the game?  Because it could interfere with their ability to make money?

but think fans who have the audacity to question the fact that the current system could be misused to profit shouldn't be taken seriously?

BTW, I don't think that refs solely make bad calls in Washington games.  The bad calls in Washington games are just the only ones I care about.

I kind of doubt anything could interfere with their ability to make money, it’s more that they have no reason to spend the money to change something that isn’t costing them money. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

To confirm, was Clark considered a top 3 wr in any season here?

What I saw today was one of maybe 3 players at WR that are not only great WR's, but absolutely freaks of nature and matchup nightmares.

We accept them players like this exist in the NBA we call them ungaurdable.

In '91 Clark was.

2nd in the league in yards (1340 only behind Michael Irvin) 3rd in Avg per catch ( 19.4)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2