Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Missed the game, but just saw the Smith TD. That's the type of coverage and missed assignments that get people fired. Pathetic.

One would think that but apparently not. This the same **** that was happening three years ago. Except this time they don't have WJ3 to put all the blame on. 🤣

If someone had told me during pre season that Howell would have a game in which he threw for 4 touchdowns and we lost - I’m not sure I would have believed it. 

The defense has been a massive disappointment. And I place most of the blame on coaching. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

It's not just the refs, it's ALL scripted?$$$

🤡🥸👹

Your right.  The NFL definitely wasnt invested in the Jets this offseason.  The certainly don't want them to remain competitive in case Rodgers can come back in time for the playoffs.   😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

That was a 1st down too.

On a semi-related topic: Is this rigged to make Baltimore win? When something like this happens and even when the announcers are laughing about what the hell is this ref doing then that is why the fans will say it is rigged. But in reality it is a stupid ref doing stupid things and getting away with it. 

I noticed there were several times the refs placed the ball to make it 3rd and whatever when it was clearly a first down.  Even the announcers would initially react saying it was a first down.  I have zero patience for incompetent refs.  They should be fined if they continually call bad games.  Some of their errors are game changing.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Now that I’m calm…because I can make my share of crazy posts when I’m caught up in the emotions of a game.  I can definitely say that I don’t really believe the NFL is “scripted”.  There are way too many moving parts for that to be possible and people not know.  However, I do believe this 100%.  There are definitely favorites and darling teams of the NFL and the refs have too much power to influence the outcome of a close game.  I would be in favor of using more replay and removing as much as possible the possibility for human error or bias.  As is, the refs call what they want to call and ignore what they want to ignore.  Too much possibility for error or corruption.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Gonna make one post about officiating.

It's not, and never has been, a "rigged system" where crew members on some games have been "ordered" to "assist" certain teams to a win for whatever reasons would be proffered by the "believers."

Not trying to be insulting, but anyone who truly believes it is,  is simply not being intelligent.

The claim is not, from any rational, logical, or evidentiary approach, even remotely credible.

Refs can be bad at their task, and it's always theoretically possible that a given ref in a given circumstance allows some conscious or subconscious bias towards some team or player to affect him, but the league and each crew reviews all calls and competency.

Refs are dismissed without much publicity if failing to meet standards. 

I think actual biased calls occur very, very rarely just by logical deduction when you consider all the factors involved.

Nonetheless, I also think officiating is still too incompetent, or more kindly, too many bad calls are made too often, to be accepting of the status quo.

Now even while I understand how difficult that job really is, I want changes like making the refs full time paid professionals that have to pass demanding examinations etc. 

Hell, I'd like to see all key calls reviewed and even start looking at getting AI involved 🤓🤖😁.

Venting over gross incompetence and even calling for heads at this times is something I'm fully behind.

But the actual "fixed/rigged" dialogue is at best emo stuff that's almost always presented at an unintelligent level. At worst, it can read like spazzing stupidity.

Oh really? Explain how the eagles Did Not get called for any penalties last week?  It is Impossible that they did not commit atleast10 fouls much less just one

5 hours ago, SS816Skins said:

Asking a lot here. 😆 

But what happens is, when we have a good offensive game the D stinks, when we have good D (don't laugh) the O stinks. Been like that for years 

NFL officiating is just bad. You notice it more when you're a fan of a mediocre to bad team because you play games that tend to be closer and have smaller margin of error.

The good teams generally don't commit as many penalties(because they have better players and don't need to rely on rules infringements to keep up)or you don't notice as much because they can overcome them.

You go to just about every team's message board after gameday and they're probably complaining about the refs and screaming "RIGGED." 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just do it already.  Fire the coaching staff and front office (not the ones who do the day-to-day operations).  Use some kind of AI to run play selection and have the team captains manage practices.  Keep trying to develop young players and otherwise trade everyone who's got any market value (except Howell).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Oh really? Explain how the eagles Did Not get called for any penalties last week?  It is Impossible that they did not commit atleast10 fouls much less just one

Bad officiating != "rigged"

Go to any team's message board. They ALL **** about officiating and how the refs called penalties on them but not the other team. You have to take into account cognitive bias. Every team gets bad calls sometimes, especially when the officiating is generally poor and the league does little to try and improve it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Good game by the Offense and Special Teams.

Wish Terry came down with those catchable passes.

Nothing to say about Ron and his man Friday, Jack.

Front Office, please, trade any of the 2 or both Ends. You can't sign both.

Maybe not having them will force the coaches to scheme defenses that could get off the field.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Now that I’m calm…because I can make my share of crazy posts when I’m caught up in the emotions of a game.  I can definitely say that I don’t really believe the NFL is “scripted”.  There are way too many moving parts for that to be possible and people not know.  However, I do believe this 100%.  There are definitely favorites and darling teams of the NFL and the refs have too much power to influence the outcome of a close game.  I would be in favor of using more replay and removing as much as possible the possibility for human error or bias.  As is, the refs call what they want to call and ignore what they want to ignore.  Too much possibility for error or corruption.  

would you say that the Steelers are a franchise on the right side of the refs or the wrong side—such a proud, stable, winning legacy franchise? Because they got an all-time screw job today from the refs, playing against the Jags, because the refs  are just that bad at their jobs. Every ref has implicit biases, it’s unavoidable. But they aren’t conscious for the most part imo. And the NFL has a pretty heavy hand with what they want refs to “emphasize” from the rule book season to season, so it’s never just black and white. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Your right.  The NFL definitely wasnt invested in the Jets this offseason.  The certainly don't want them to remain competitive in case Rodgers can come back in time for the playoffs.   😉

I think you've sniffed it out!!! The tube of glue I mean. 👅

• Haha 3