Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I honestly wonder why some people we have on this board can handle even watching Washington games. It seems like all they're accomplishing is working themselves into knots convincing themselves that everything is a massive conspiracy against this team. Calls that go their way they either completely ignore, or claim it's "payback" for the imagined constant slights against them. Basic, correct calls they convince themselves were horrible blatant screw jobs. And the actual calls that do go against Washington? I'm surprised they don't literally spontaneously combust.

It's frankly pathetic. Refs screw up plenty. We all know that. But it happens to every team. No one is out to get Washington. And it's hysterical to imagine the league office getting together and thinking they need to endanger the future of the league to stop this team. Pure laughs. 

thank you. We need to start being more mean to these people imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I honestly think complaining about any of the coaches at this point is an effort in futility. I can’t imagine any of them are respected enough to stay around after we clean house. The only one with a chance is EB and that’s only because he still has a chance to improve and has only been here for a few games. Even then…..chances are slim he is kept here. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm laughing at that, but I don't disagree. 

listen I’m a gracious guy but somewhere along the way idiots started thinking that “everyone has the right to an opinion” meant “everyone has a right to have their opinion respected”. There are such a thing as bad, incorrect opinions. Society suffers when we don’t set the bar on some of these things.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

They will always be the Redskins and I will be calling the team the Redskins, Commanders do not exist so deal with it

Factually, it’s actually the opposite. But I admire your gumption.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I would not want anything to do with Jim Harbaugh as HC here. 

Not sure who the hot candidates will be - but here is a name for you Sean McVay if he and the Rams decide to part ways. 

Me too.  Among other things he has a history of being power hungry and not getting along with his FO.   I don't want another dictator type head coach.   I want a strong FO who controls the operation.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too.  Among others he has a history of being power hungry and not getting along with his FO.   I don't want another dictator type head coach.   I want a strong FO who controls the operation.

I'd like Harris to hire a strong GM and then let this GM pick the HC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, MartinC said:

In terms of people who might have any value at all that comes down to one or both of Sweat and Young. Plus Gibson and maybe Samuels.

i am assuming they will find a way to extend Curl. 

Losing to the Bears and Giants has doomed this season - but in retrospect if it helps get us in a position to draft one of the top 3 left tackles in the draft it might not be a bad thing.

A lot of QB's went down today. I would think Brissett might have some value in the league as well. May as well trade him. We have our answer at the position I think. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Would love us to fire Ron Rivera like 49ers did Mike Singletary who both if I'm not mistaken on the same tean (85 bears)  and hire Jim Harbaugh. Both Singletary and Rivera are the epitome of mediocre at best coached and when Harbaugh took over they immediately became sb contenders

Harbaugh should be very high on the list. He and Ben Johnson. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Achievement unlocked. 

Actually closely watch enough of these games understanding how bad our coaches are and you get a fun new avatar.  :ols:

Are you talking about my new Tuddy avatar? Or your Ron? Both are inspiring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Refs being bad at their job and under-policed, and the league and their media affiliates not wanting to draw too much attention to that, is not the same as saying the league is questionable/fixed/rigged/illegitimate etc.

The thing that stinks is the reffing. Calling the NFL half a step above the WWE is exactly the sort of dumbassery Jumbo is talking about. It’s easily explainable and requires no conspiracy or sketchiness at all. Just run-of-the-mill incompetence and self-interest.

The argument could be made that with a company that makes as much money as the NFL does, their decision to not fund full time referees, not fund technology that would allow computer chips to spot the ball consistently, and eliminate human bias on subjective calls seems inexcusable.

Unless they benefit from that subjectivity because it allows them to have an influence on the flow of the game.

They have the financial means and the tools to eliminate this issue.  They're making a conscious decision not to.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1