Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Bad officiating != "rigged"

Go to any team's message board. They ALL **** about officiating and how the refs called penalties on them but not the other team. You have to take into account cognitive bias. Every team gets bad calls sometimes, especially when the officiating is generally poor and the league does little to try and improve it.

So you don’t think it’s a little fishy how eagles has 0 flags  last week game.

1 hour ago, PolarExpress said:

I don’t believe officials rig games, I think they are highly incompetent these days.  There is only one exception, who I believe was always happy to stick it to us……ED HOCHULI.  I could not stand that man.  😎🤮👿

lol it’s pretty obvious the nfl has become more rigged than ever . Funny how next week eagles play the cowboys at 425pm . 

that Vegas crap has changed the game 

Edited by Commander202

14 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

So you don’t think it’s a little fishy how eagles has 0 flags  last week game.

Again, this is common language in conspiracy theories in general. "Don't you think x is a little fishy?" "I'm just asking questions!"

So I'll treat this the way I treat other conspiracy theories:

Tell me how you think this conspiracy is being perpetrated. Who's behind it? What are the mechanisms? How many people are involved? How do they keep everyone quiet? What happens to the people "they" approach about rigging games, but who don't want to be involved? How do they keep them quiet?

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, MartinC said:

If someone had told me during pre season that Howell would have a game in which he threw for 4 touchdowns and we lost - I’m not sure I would have believed it. 

The defense has been a massive disappointment. And I place most of the blame on coaching. 

What did you think on the play where they showed Forbes lined up vs AJ Brown on that third and long? We all knew what was coming next....all of us but the defensive coaches I guess? That was a good example of what you're talking about.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

I think you quoted the wrong person.

I never said he didn't have a good game.

Ok I looked back and I used the wrong G word. You said he didn't have a great game. Those numbers are pretty great. I get that you're giving a ton of weight to the INT, but it's not like he threw a pick in the red zone with 30 seconds left to go. There was 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter when that happened.

Yes it was a bad pick and at a bad time, but overall he had an outstanding game against a top 10 defense. That's especially true when you also take into account that he was starting his 9th NFL game and was asked to throw the ball 52 times.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Ok I looked back and I used the wrong G word. You said he didn't have a great game. Those numbers are pretty great. I get that you're giving a ton of weight to the INT, but it's not like he threw a pick in the red zone with 30 seconds left to go. There was 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter when that happened.

Yes it was a bad pick and at a bad time, but overall he had an outstanding game against a top 10 defense. That's especially true when you also take into account that he was starting his 9th NFL game and was asked to throw the ball 52 times.

I just don't agree he had a great game.  I look at more than just the stats.  I don't care if he had 10 TDs and 1000 yards in his first game ever.  If he threw an int deep on his own side of the field that lead to a 1st and goal for the go ahead TD, keeping all of the momentum with the Eagles, then he didn't have a great game in my eyes, especially with an L in the end.

And that one 4th and 1 call where he threw it to Terry, was a terrible decision.  It was an even worse play call, but he never should have thrown that ball and was lucky that did not lead to a pick 6.

So yeah.  He had a good game in my eyes.  I will agree that he started off having a great game though.

Edited by purbeast
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I really hate how we are just about always in shotgun.

This has been a topic of discussion with my brother and I this season during pretty much all games.

On just about every short distance to go, we are almost always in shotgun, and usually the runs end up being loss of yards.

This play call was just atrocious. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Yes it has. Awful the last few years. But it seems that high profile teams dont generally get as many bad calls

Don't know how many of you follow the English Premier League but this comes up EVERY week. The smaller teams get screwed, while the bigger teams just seem to get away with stuff. And @Skinsinparadise I know about the one Liverpool exception 😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Don't know how many of you follow the English Premier League but this comes up EVERY week. The smaller teams get screwed, while the bigger teams just seem to get away with stuff. And @Skinsinparadise I know about the one Liverpool exception 😉 

Yeah with LFC all the red cards and that Tottenham game is sadly legendary on that front.    Though to your point, you can argue Tottenham is a big club, too. 

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The problem here is that this is a really bad play call by EB. Sam was just fixated on Terry all the way from the snap. That pass should have gone to BRob who was running across towards Logon or Logan in the middle. 

image.thumb.png.6e49792b51c43b70ad72d663c5034eee.png

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

The problem here is that this is a really bad play call by EB. Sam was just fixated on Terry all the way from the snap. That pass should have gone to BRob who was running across towards Logon or Logan in the middle. 

image.thumb.png.6e49792b51c43b70ad72d663c5034eee.png

Did you mean it really ISNT a bad play call? Cause you just highlighted that the play had a guy open and the QB stared down his WR from the snap. 

Hard to call that a bad call lol

30 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I really hate EB’s play calling.  He just cannot call a consistent game.

He called a great game from start to finish.  @Voice_of_Reason has gone into detail on why and literally no one who really breaks this down for a living agrees. 

It’s one game but y’all gotta call a spade a spade or risk looking biased. 

Edited by Llevron

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Did you mean it really ISNT a bad play call? Cause you just highlighted that the play had a guy open and the QB stared down his WR from the snap. 

Hard to call that a bad call lol. 

What I was trying to say was that Terry shouldn't have been the primary target on that play call. It should have been BRob or Logan. All you need is 1 yard and a screen to BRob would have accomplished that. 

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What I was trying to say was that Terry shouldn't have been the primary target on that play call. It should have been BRob or Logan. All you need is 1 yard and a screen to BRob would have accomplished that. 

You don’t know that he was 

edit: I should say I don’t know that he was. Maybe you do know. 

Edited by Llevron

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You don’t know that he was 

edit: I should say I don’t know that he was. Maybe you do know. 

Like I said before, he is reading Terry all the way from snap to throw. He is not throwing to anyone else, so yeah Terry was the only target on that play as that was the play call from EB. Too much going on there for 1 yard play. It should have been just snap and hit BRob right away. That is all I am saying. 

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Like I said before, he is reading Terry all the way from snap to throw. He is not throwing to anyone else, so yeah Terry was the only target on that play as that was the play call from EB. Too much going on there for 1 yard play. It should have been just snap and hit BRob right away. That is all I am saying. 

Lol that does not mean Terry is the only read on the play you are literally pulling that from your ass. You can even see other receivers looking for the ball they are not all running decoy routes. Why argue this if you are so clearly wrong I don’t get it. That’s why I say y’all look biased it doesn’t make any sense to argue this. 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lol that does not mean Terry is the only read on the play you are literally pulling that from your ass. You can even see other receivers looking for the ball they are not all running decoy routes. Why argue this if you are so clearly wrong I don’t get it. That’s why I say y’all look biased it doesn’t make any sense to argue this. 

Sam never looks anywhere else except to his left from the moment the ball is snapped. How is that I am pulling it out of my ass? Did Sam even go through any progressions? I don't see him looking to his right and then middle and then throwing to Terry.... that's because it never happens. Biased? I don't even know what you are trying imply here. Who am I biased for?

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Sam never looks anywhere else except to his left from the moment the ball is snapped. How is that I am pulling it out of my ass? Did Sam even go through any progressions? I don't see him looking to his right and then middle and then throwing to Terry.... that's because it never happens. Biased? I don't even know what you are trying imply here. Who am I biased for?

Ok. Maybe you are saying that Sam didn’t look at anyone besides Terry and so HE (Sam) didn’t make any other reads on that play. 

I thought you were saying that the play, as designed, only targets one WR and that it’s dictated before hand by EB that Sam ONLY throws that exact pass. That Terry is and only ever will be the only read on that play by design. 

Im sorry - I made an assumption. If you are actually saying Sam only made one read, we agree. The play is fine, it worked and Sam made a rookie mistake. Which is ok. I misunderstood what you were saying. Cause there is know way you know how that play is designed just by looking at the result of it. That’s just asinine. 

11 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Curtis Samuel was streaking wide open down the middle of the field. If Sam is looking toward the middle instead of left its an easy touchdown.

I have faith that we will get there..this is part of the learning process for Sam and to a lesser extent EB. 

Just so disappointed in the defense, that side of the ball should've been amongst the NFL' s best by now.

• Like 1