Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A better coached team would have beaten one of the top 3 teams in the NFL today.

This IMO isn't a tear down especially if Howell keeps improving.  But you don't want to put 100 million on the D line, put some real resources in the O line-TE.   Trade dudes who aren't coming back. 

In terms of people who might have any value at all that comes down to one or both of Sweat and Young. Plus Gibson and maybe Samuels.

i am assuming they will find a way to extend Curl. 

Losing to the Bears and Giants has doomed this season - but in retrospect if it helps get us in a position to draft one of the top 3 left tackles in the draft it might not be a bad thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

In terms of people who might have any value at all that comes down to one or both of Sweat and Young. Plus Gibson and maybe Samuels.

i am assuming they will find a way to extend Curl. 

Agree.  Some seem shocked when players aren't in demand for trades but trades often yield less when some expect -- especially when we do it this way where we wait for a player poised with an expiring contract.  We'd likely have gotten more for Sweat for example last year than this season.

Someone like Gibson, I'd bet maybe they'd get a 7th rounder.  I suspect we end up getting a 2nd for Sweat but I am mentally prepared that it might be a third.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Eric B has to stop dropping  Howell back 50 times. It's not a winning formula. Jack just sucks. Forbes looked like  Bambi in a lion's den.  Ron just sits there and let's those two F up the game. Probably thinking about what he is going to do in retirement. 

• Thumb up 1

@Captain Wiggles 

The answers I'd offer you, including for the specific examples in your post, that aren't of the "it's fixed" camp, are already covered in the post you quoted.

But I'll add another even though I did say I'd only make that one post in this topic.

Refs have leeway for personal judgements in many situations, not unlike many rule-enforcing entities.

A well known cliche that serves in example is that refs could legitimately call a hold somewhere on almost every play but they don't.

Referring again to my previous post, I think such judgements can be made incompetently (which I stated there is too much of) or even with some form of bias, and not even necessarily a "bad" or "corrupt" bias.

Sometimes they're so off imo that it's laughable or even maddening, though I don't think your wwe analogy is a good one.

And now this will be my last post on it.😛 :cheers:

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I quoted your post saying you'd rather trade Terry then Dotson.

I think that's crazy, Dotson has been a ghost this year up until today, feels very best of the moment thinking we won't miss Terry in a couple days of if traded him.

These are ramifications of something you said you'd be okay with, which is big reason why I'm not.

I wouldn't trade either of them....Dotson is a 1st round pick in just his 2nd season, way too early to deal him. I think Sam needs his WR's to grow with. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Some seem shocked when players aren't in demand for trades but trades often yield less when some expect -- especially when we do it this way where we wait for a player poised with an expiring contract.  We'd likely have gotten more for Sweat for example last year than this season.

Someone like Gibson, I'd bet maybe they'd get a 7th rounder.  I suspect we end up getting a 2nd for Sweat but I am mentally prepared that it might be a third.

I think we get the two. Atl has apparently offered and there a rumored second team that will make an offer.

8 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Would love us to fire Ron Rivera like 49ers did Mike Singletary who both if I'm not mistaken on the same tean (85 bears)  and hire Jim Harbaugh. Both Singletary and Rivera are the epitome of mediocre at best coached and when Harbaugh took over they immediately became sb contenders

Jim Harbaugh is not going to leave Michigan which is doing great to a huge mess in Washington, keep dreaming, the best the Redskins can get is his brother John from the Ravens if he gets fired

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Jim Harbaugh is not going to leave Michigan which is doing great to a huge mess in Washington, keep dreaming, the best the Redskins can get is his brother John from the Ravens if he gets fired

Ravens are a SB contender. They arent firing Harbaugh.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Jim Harbaugh is not going to leave Michigan which is doing great to a huge mess in Washington, keep dreaming, the best the Redskins can get is John from the Ravens if he gets fired

I don’t want Harbaugh, but he’s about to be forced out of Michigan due to a pretty controversial cheating scandal FYI

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Toohill can play and he needs to play a lot more. Ron should bench some starters on defense. It worked today on offense by playing motivated backups.  Curl needs to be paid.  He is a keeper.

I was living in the Bay Area when Jim Harbaugh took 49ers to the Super Bowl.

Edited by veteranskinsfan
Fixed one letter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I don’t want Harbaugh, but he’s about to be forced out of Michigan due to a pretty controversial cheating scandal FYI

I'm not sure how the Redskins are getting anyone. 

I just checked the NFL.com website and no teams in the League are called "Redskins".

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Last week Dotson was persona nongrata round here, now we don't need Terry anymore?

I think some people are entertaining some ideas when they see what a true #1 WR can do when we see AJ Brown tear us a new one everytime we play him. He's put together an entire season of Terry's work in half a season, on a running team..I think with Terry, we have an Art Monk, but we need a Gary Clark..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Gonna make one post about officiating.

It's not, and never has been, a "rigged system" where crew members on some games have been "ordered" to "assist" certain teams to a win for whatever reasons would be proffered by the "believers."

Not trying to be insulting, but anyone who truly believes it is,  is simply not being intelligent.

The claim is not, from any rational, logical, or evidentiary approach, even remotely credible.

Refs can be bad at their task, and it's always theoretically possible that a given ref in a given circumstance allows some conscious or subconscious bias towards some team or player to affect him, but the league and each crew reviews all calls and competency.

Refs are dismissed without much publicity if failing to meet standards. 

I think actual biased calls occur very, very rarely just by logical deduction when you consider all the factors involved.

Nonetheless, I also think officiating is still too incompetent, or more kindly, too many bad calls are made too often, to be accepting of the status quo.

Now even while I understand how difficult that job really is, I want changes like making the refs full time paid professionals that have to pass demanding examinations etc. 

Hell, I'd like to see all key calls reviewed and even start looking at getting AI involved 🤓🤖😁.

Venting over gross incompetence and even calling for heads at this times is something I'm fully behind.

But the actual "fixed/rigged" dialogue is at best emo stuff that's almost always presented at an unintelligent level. At worst, it can read like spazzing stupidity.

I honestly wonder why some people we have on this board can handle even watching Washington games. It seems like all they're accomplishing is working themselves into knots convincing themselves that everything is a massive conspiracy against this team. Calls that go their way they either completely ignore, or claim it's "payback" for the imagined constant slights against them. Basic, correct calls they convince themselves were horrible blatant screw jobs. And the actual calls that do go against Washington? I'm surprised they don't literally spontaneously combust.

It's frankly pathetic. Refs screw up plenty. We all know that. But it happens to every team. No one is out to get Washington. And it's hysterical to imagine the league office getting together and thinking they need to endanger the future of the league to stop this team. Pure laughs. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I would not want anything to do with Jim Harbaugh as HC here. 

Not sure who the hot candidates will be - but here is a name for you Sean McVay if he and the Rams decide to part ways. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, skinzplay said:

Sam is a baller. Give the man a line, a big target receiver and - for the love of all that's sane and holy - some running plays. The offense under Howell could be something special.

Can’t hate the game plan and play calling overall today. In a WCO short passes replace run calls - that’s what we saw today. 

• Like 3

Just now, MartinC said:

Can’t hate the game plan and play calling overall today. In a WCO short passes replace run calls - that’s what we saw today. 

Yep. Offense was not the issue today. Sure, wish we could have a few plays back. But we were two rare fumbles from losing 52-31

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Speaking in terms of moving forward. It was good today, but as KDawg mentioned, gameplan was solid but some of the situational play-calling wasn't.

• Like 1