Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

23 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Im waiting for the Florio piece on how we did him wrong and we’re somehow responsible for all his failures at getting a head coach position 

Florio is sooooooo cringey. My favorite is how embarrassingly he tries to push his book, 'Father of Mine', on his website. It's laughable. I bet that book has sold ten copies. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

EB gonna post a vid to Twitter soon to explain. 

Gimme two minutes. 

“Again, I wasn’t fired…but the reason I chose to leave Washington was the peasants there failed to properly pay homage to the greatness that is EB”

Eric Bieniemy

“EB is neither fired nor dismissed.  EB leaves precisely when he means to”

Gandalf

“EB is not hung like a bull.  Bulls are hung like EB”

Chuck Norris

Edited by Commander PK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Florio is sooooooo cringey. My favorite is how embarrassingly he tries to push his book, 'Father of Mine', on his website. It's laughable. I bet that book has sold ten copies. 

Parallels...

Review: Can I Borrow a Feeling? // Kirk Van Houten // Audioxide

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Beat me to it! some great stuff here. Just some stuff that stood out to me:

Anthony Lynn mentioned the coaches (not sure if all or just assistants) not going to the combine. He also mentioned the energy is what got him here. Mentioned knowing people like Quinn, Peters, Jason Wright helped. Says he like his backs to have versatility. Has just started looking at the players, mentioned knowing about BRob and Rodriguez from studying them in the draft.

Brian Johnson mentioned all QBs have different abilities and its important to highlight what they're good at. Nothing else of note other than coach speak.

Tavita Pritchard talked about maximizing who we have and putting them in the best positions. Tailoring the offense to the QB. Danced around drafting a QB at #2 or not and if he would have any say in it.

Darryl Tapp praised DQ on collaboration and bringing people in from different systems for different ideas. Spoke with Allen and the rest of the guys, said whatever vision you have of yourself and the type of player you want to be - Im here to bridge that gap and work our butts off.

Ken Norton Jr. says they (coaches) really haven't formed their identity yet, but are working on identifying that together. No thoughts on the LBs at the moment.

That's all I've gotten to watch at the moment.

Edited by mh86
Editing a bit as I watch.
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The funny thing is all the dingbats saying how good he was in KC and how all the players loved him, he delivered a speech! Blah, blah, blah.

He was asked to do more here. He did not have Andy Reid leading the way. He was asked to lead and he failed, utterly. For those that say he had bad talent--you're probably right. We had bad talent. He did not maximize the talent we had. Metrics show how poorly our WRs separated--that's on scheme IMO, especially someone like McLaurin. He was marginally better than Turner. He made precious few adjustments and it showed.

This is a laughable quote from Bieniemy.

My anthill that I'll die on is that Scott Turner was better than EB, and was shackled by worse QBs and no people skills to deal with the players when the QBs faltered. He schemed to get the most out of some of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Turner may make something of himself yet. We'll know he's turned the corner when he starts referring to himself as "ScoTur" in the third person.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

My anthill that I'll die on is that Scott Turner was better than EB, and was shackled by worse QBs and no people skills to deal with the players when the QBs faltered. He schemed to get the most out of some of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Turner may make something of himself yet. We'll know he's turned the corner when he starts referring to himself as "ScoTur" in the third person.

I think at minimum Turner and Howell would have been a much better match.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree, we should have a "do not trade with" poster of Andy Reid in our front offices because it's not gonna end well if we do. 

I laughed at them signing a coach that Andy Reid was basically kicking out of the house but It seems to have turned out great though.

No way they get the #2 overall pick with a good OC last year. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Stephen A. Smith, "...We've been fighting for this man to get a head coaching job for years. Now we've got to take a look at him...something is wrong with (Bieniemy)..."

All joking aside, the problem is very likely his ego and his approach. My impression is that he forgets he is dealing with professional millionaires in the NFL and has not figured out how to deal with them, without a counter-balance like Andy Reid.  Rivera wasn’t that guy because it sounds like he just let him have total control and didn’t reel him in at all.  He had success in Kansas City because they are the best team in Football right now.  Some people are just meant to be supporting cast and there is nothing wrong with that.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

remember when Kyle Shanahan was universally despised before Quinn hired him as Falcons OC.

The only people who despised Kyle as an OC were morons and people who bought all the **** Griffin was selling.  Which might be the same group of people.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2