Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

If there’s any truth to Johnson’s demands being related to money, control of the roster for offense, etc., I’m glad that turned our guys off.

I feel like we’ve all played the “I have a number” game in our careers where we say that we’d take X position for X amount of money.  That’s never a wholesome place to start to get the best out of someone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If there’s any truth to Johnson’s demands being related to money, control of the roster for offense, etc., I’m glad that turned our guys off.

I feel like we’ve all played the “I have a number” game in our careers where we say that we’d take X position for X amount of money.  That’s never a wholesome place to start to get the best out of someone.

image.png.22c514b548a1542760648deb45e922b1.png

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 26
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agree, I dont see any way EB stays on. 

because he’s got that sweet ass no O-lineman needed scheme that everybody loved not so long ago.  No way you can let that kind of forward thinking out of the building. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Does Wright add a value to the new Stadium discussions? That’s the only reason for keeping him about IMO. Otherwise, get rid.

Too late he's been signed

wtf-movie-4372513024

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why is Jason Wright the second guy to greet Quinn? Jason needs to go. He just rubbed some Snyder germs on Quinn. 

It should make you feel better that he loudly said “nice to meet you”. Meaning he has never even seen the man that we interviewed multiple times. He’s not involved with the football side at all.

They just haven’t made decisions on the business side yet. One thing at a time. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s replaced, wouldn’t be surprised if he stays and has his previous record attributed to Snyder. Good thing is it’s not something we should ever have to worry about again. It’s not normal for fans to even care who the business side President or VP is. 

• Like 8

The best argument for sending Jason Wright packing may not even have to do with (perceived) performance but that the purpose of his tenure and entire reason he's there has simply run its course. Unless he's proven himself behind the scenes in some way or another, I think HOG let's him go when things quiet down a bit, could be something where you want to get the optics right, idk. 

49 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Do we have to wait for the press conference before we know how many years Commanders are paying Quinn on his contract?

Probably 4. I read somewhere that they weren't going to give anyone more than 4 years. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

How about both.

r288970_1296x729_16-9.jpg

What would really concern me is he is using that normal pencil on a tablet. It explains a lot ...

19 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah, I think the Caleb talk is pointless

You think? (Thats aimed at Schefter not you by the way). Talk about telling me water is wet ...

26 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah, I think the Caleb talk is pointless

Shane Waldron is their offensive coordinator and is working with the QB collective, Williams is training with that group.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Wow, Hope this has a happy ending down the road.  

I think it's the wise choice, which Jim should understand. Kyle got a lot of nepotism hate under Mike Shanahan. Kyle vindicated himself as an OC. For a ST coach, I doubt there's as many chances to do it publicly. Going his own way should be a good way to stake out his own NFL career.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Kalu44 said:

Out-bid, or simply did not want him bad enough to cave to his ridiculous demands of 6yrs and record breaking $$ for a first time HC?

They're certainly  not ridiculous demands if another suitor met them.

It's a free market. A thing is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

OTOH, whether or not it would have been a prudent move to accede to MacDonalds contract demands is another question entirely.

If our brain trust felt Macdonald was a superior candidate to Quinn and they didn't sign him because he wanted a 6th year, that's a value judgement they made on their own.

Harris is nothing if not disciplined. He had a number he thought a new coach was worth and when put to the test he had the discipline to hold to it and not go past a certain point. 

That's admirable, but it doesn't mean the decision was right.

Not saying the Commanders were right or wrong. I'm not qualified to make that judgment. It's done anyway, and I'm  pleased with the hires we did make.

However, I do think it will be interesting to evaluate the future careers of both coaches going forward. Particularly, if in future years 6 year guarantees become commonplace for top tier first time coaches.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, profusion said:

Stephen A. Smith is literally paid to deliver hot takes. His schtick can be entertaining, but his entire gig is to zig whenever anyone else is zagging. 

He legit said that Tress Way was a QB (because he completed a pass that showed up on the stat sheet).

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

He legit said that Tress Way was a QB (because he completed a pass that showed up on the stat sheet).

He sort of showed up one day on ESPN out of the blue. I have no idea why I should listen to him (or any other ESPN opinion givers) rant.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That logic is flawed. People overpay for stuff all the time.

As I alluded to in the post-- 

In a free market different buyers may make different value judgements on the worth of an item. That's expected.

The fact that one buyer is willing to pay more than another doesn't  mean that the price was too high. 

The proof will be what happens to first year head coach contracts in the future.

Time provides perspective. 

In two to three years we can look back with perspective and see if the 6 year contracts given to first time coaches Canales and Macdonald this cycle were outliers or a natural market correction.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1